The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
cactuscarl

no shrooms WTF

Hi all I seen heaps of mushrooms and fungi growing lately hundreds of different types growing everywhere and I mean everywhere the local bowls club and neighbours yards were covered in edibles and the local oval had fairy rings all over it. So I decide to go for a pick to get some spore prints of some more interesting shrooms. I went down the road to the usual spot, nothing I went to another spot, nothing so I went to the next town, still nothing disappointed but not discouraged I went up the range. In every field I found at least 5 different types but not the one I was looking for. In all my searching I found 1 I was assuming it was to cold for them with all the rain until I found that one now I don't know what to think

has anyone had any luck find them or any reason there aren't many?

fucken everywhere !! i live on a mushroom :scratchhead: wish tha rain will fuck off :devil:

my fields have gone shitty too. nothing but lawnmower mushrooms and deathcaps.. makes me wonder if the government has found a way to destroy them :unsure:

my fields have gone shitty too. nothing but lawnmower mushrooms and deathcaps.. makes me wonder if the government has found a way to destroy them :unsure:

u picked to many now tha spores have gone :wacko: !! tap tha shrumm b4 ya pick

always do =)

• Like 1

it would not supprise me if some crazy fool went there with shitloads of spores to fix this then..

i would wait until the sun comes out and your sweating like a pig...

should be shroom a plenty, although if i find mushrooms around my place chances are the fields should have some aswell.

maybe all the hippies smelled them out before you could get your spore print?

anyway wait unti that sun is out and the rays are cooking.

Damm hippies :shroomer:

Suns out today after 5 solid days of rain so if I don't find any in the next few days I'll know something strange is going on. I'll let you know how I go in the next few days. If that sun stays out it should get nice and humid :-)

@ ghostly yeah I was starting to think the government had found a way to stop them seeing as there were heaps of death caps in every field but you'd think if they had a way it'd probably just kill all shrooms

@ buildit I see your from the sunny coast too where abouts are you finding them? If you don't mind me asking

@ spacemonk That's how I usually tell too. If random mushrooms are popping up then they are usually in the fields too especially the edibles

Edited by cactuscarl

u picked to many now tha spores have gone :wacko: !! tap tha shrumm b4 ya pick

releasing spores in the field, yes that might make a difference.

but picking too many, and reducing the numbers that way, NO WAY.

i belive you could sterilize a whole field, and still very soon shrooms will appear.

spores are everywher, and fly well.

only a lasting poison could destroy them.

Edited by planthelper

big red's field inoculation tek

equipment

glove box

1 jar of spawn 400ml jar approx freshly shaken

1 empty 2 litre glass bottle ( v8 juice bottle work the best

1.7 litres of demineralised water

Fill bottle with water place in pc for 30 min 15 ps1 ( make sure there is room for the grain spawn ) wait to cool.

In a glove box carefully put the spawn in the bottle seal and remove from glove box then shake and shake then

shake some more ( i normally do it over a 24 hour period ) then find your favourite field and inoculate

I used it with oyster mushrooms down the park on dead wood and now there are growing every where, love giving

nature a head start

edit one can also add a table spoon of vegemite to the water and culture it for a week but i have not tried it

yet cant see why it would not work

Edited by bigred82
  • Like 2

All the rain has washed the dung into huge piles in the forest perfect for shrooms I think I'll be seeing hundreds in the next few days. If I were to inoculate those piles 3x1 meter how long would I expect to see them coming up for?

well, i have heard that there are SHITLOADS of pan cyans about now... anyone got any seeds? LOL hahhahhahha

All the rain has washed the dung into huge piles in the forest perfect for shrooms I think I'll be seeing hundreds in the next few days. If I were to inoculate those piles 3x1 meter how long would I expect to see them coming up for?

as long as there is a good food sorce, they will pop up for ages

with the oysters i did they have been going strong for about six months now

can i get a oyster print Bigred?? want a few legal edibles to try to grow.

• Like 1

Death caps in fields?

uh?

like under oaks and pines right?

sure are! i have seen rather a few about the place. in fields. rather a few indeed.

(edit) deathcaps that is.

Edited by ghosty

Fields? And deathcaps? Treed fields possibly? Death caps are mycorrhizal.

Maybe you have some Volvariella sp.?

Edited by NSF
  • Like 1

the same thing happened 4 or so years ago, there were no fruits in SE QLD from november onwards after much rain. the next year, however, there were fruitings even in July!

Fields? And deathcaps? Treed fields possibly? Death caps are mycorrhizal.

Maybe you have some Volvariella sp.?

nup... deathcap. i am looking to head out again this week if i get the time. will take a camera to prove to you all for once and for all that there is no ID mistake. looks to be the only way to clear this up. as for tree's once there, not in the last 30 years at least. a friend is finding allot too, at gold coast and it's hinterland.

I guess I spoke to soon now there is more shrooms than you can poke a stick at. They are popping out in every field I can even see some as I drive past in the morning. :-)

• Like 2

nup... deathcap. i am looking to head out again this week if i get the time. will take a camera to prove to you all for once and for all that there is no ID mistake. looks to be the only way to clear this up. as for tree's once there, not in the last 30 years at least. a friend is finding allot too, at gold coast and it's hinterland.

this ones i found in north brisbane, they are deathcaps, right? i chuck out bag of them

post-11581-0-58000600-1362748443_thumb.j

post-11581-0-67786900-1362748453_thumb.j

post-11581-0-58000600-1362748443_thumb.jpg

post-11581-0-67786900-1362748453_thumb.jpg

post-11581-0-58000600-1362748443_thumb.jpg

post-11581-0-67786900-1362748453_thumb.jpg

Doesn't look like A. phalloides to me.

Spore print would be great.

Many other white spore print Amanita are incredibly lethal, this just isn't A. phalloides.

Melbourne is expecting another 7+ days of dry 30+ degree days but the northerners are rolling in fungi! No fair!

Edited by NSF