The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
waterboy 2.0

Reishi

Hadn't seen any discussion or pics of reishi for a while. Piccies of some dried reishi I came across.

DSCF7908_zpsa77ec7db.jpg

• Like 5

well to get the ball rolling what is the best method to grow Reishi with

Eucalypt sawdust/shavings, find the is mix is best for the wood lovers as it makes a less dense block .VERY aggresive growth on synthetic substrates, generates a fair bit of heat as it tears through the block.

Getting the humidity right to get a good growth form is tricky, some only get the "antler" form (like little fingers) instead of the "conk" form. I am yet to see the perfect "conk" form. The bigger the shotgun tub the better I am led to believe.

• Like 1

back in the days when I grew fungi I used to make reishi 'logs' from news paper. I would have a a few weekends of newspapers soaking in a tub. I would roll the first out add a layer of coffee grounds or any other kind of waste material to the layer - sprinkle some spawn then roll it up - I would repeat this until there was a soaking wet 5 inch long of news paper. about the length a big weekend paper. I would then wrap it in string like you would a ham, ( this would squeeze out some of the water and make a semi solid log. the log would be placed in a plastic bag with a loose knot tied in the top. leave it for a while ( until the mycelum is growing over the paper then remove plastic and fruit - either deep under a bush with regular waterings in summer or inside in a terrarium. I forgot about once once and it growth through a blanket - in one side and out of the other. ruining the blanket and dumped mms of rusty spores all over my spare room.

• Like 3

Would a cardboard puk work i tried this tek with oyster's and it was great

The only link i have on it is for a cube grow on shroomery so im not sure

if i can post it . Basicly you use pasteurised cardboard as a medium

and i put some coffee grounds in with it and then mix with spawn and then

compress in a yoghurt cup to make puks . I like this tek as all the ingredients

are recycled.

Thanks for the link, I am trying to work out Teks that use more recycled ingredients

and where i live cardboard and coffee grounds are plentiful . I have only done a

couple of wood lover's but never reishi , so my work is cut out for me

to do with a bigger growth chamber i can get these Mylar grow tents plus hepa intake

fans as well. So i think it could make it work , i have a 2mx2m one which im thinking

would be great for a myc lab

• Like 1