The Corroboree
toast

Whats new at Wandjina Gardens

shit i justed made an order last week :wacko:

A few specials in time for Xmas....

Acacia confusa plants are reduced to $12.

Nicotiana quadrivalvis plants are reduced to $9.

Ephedra gerardiana plants are available through the webstore for a limited time only.

Some $15 & $20 Lophophora williamsii have been listed.

Note that pricing is determined by the size of the buttons, and that this species is not kept on premises at Wandjina Gardens, and is not available for pick up unless arranged in advance.

Enjoy :)

• Like 1

We have about 20 freshly picked Davidsonia jerseyana (Davidson Plum) fruit for sale for $2 each plus postage.

This native Australian species produces tasty sour fruit that are used commercially in jam, wine, ice-cream and sauces, and typically contain 2 viable seeds per fruit.

post-902-0-91118200-1386820208_thumb.jpg

Contact Linda through the webstore contact form by Sunday 15th December if you're interested.

Nicotiana quadrivalvis (Indian Tobacco) seeds have also been added to the webstore.

DSCN1066 (Large).JPG

DSCN1066 (Large).JPG

A few new plant listings to kick off the new year:

Alpinia mutica (Dwarf Cardamon): Rhizome extracts of this have proven to have cytotoxic effects on human carcinoma cells.

Carissa macrocarpa (Natal Plum): This species bears fruit that are edible raw, or can be made into pies, jams, jellies and sauces.

Coleus canis (Piss Off Plant), fleshy leaved form: Many dogs and cats don't like the smell of this plant so it has gained a reputation of keeping the neighbours pets out of your garden.

Cussonia paniculata: This large shrub is native to South Africa, and is traditionally used to treat dysmenorrhea.

Dodonaea triquetra (Native Hopbush): This native species was an important medicinal plant amongst Australian Aborigines. The leaves were chewed to treat toothache, used as a poultice for stonefish and stingray wounds, and soaked in water and used as a sponge to relieve fever. Also, a decoction made from the roots was used for open cuts and sores. Furthermore, the fruits were used by early settlers as a substitute for hops in the beer making process.

Garcinia humilis (Achacha): This species produces tasty bitter, sweet edible fruit.

Heimia myrtifolia (Sinicuichi; Sun Opener): Traditionally used similarly to H. salicifolia for medicinal and visionary purposes. This species acts as a general tonic, sudorific, antipyretic, haemostatic, emetic, laxative, diaphoretic, diuretic, astringent, antisyphilitic and vulnerary.

Indigofera australis (Australian Indigo): Native Australian species traditionally used by Aborigines to kill or stun fish and eels adding crushed leaves to water bodies. In recent times, the leaves and stems have been used to produce a yellow-fawn dye with alum as a mordant.

Mondia whitei (African Ginger): Also known as Mondia whytei, this African vine is traditionally used as an aphrodisiac, to improve appetite, and as a galactagogue, a fertility medication and an antidepressant.

Ocimum gratissimum (Perennial Basil): A long-lived basil species.

Pelargonium australe (Native Storksbill): Native Australian species found on sand dunes, coastal cliffs and inland rocky outcrops.

Podocarpus elatus (Plum Pine): This native Australian species bears edible fruit, which is commonly used in condiments. Its timber is used for furniture, joinery and boat planking.

Stevia rebaudiana (Stevia): This species is famously used as a sweetener & sugar substitute.

Sutherlandia frutescens (Cancer Bush): A South African species that has traditionally been used to treat fever, chicken pox, flu, rheumatism, hemorrhoids, diarrhea, and stomach and liver problems. More recently, it has gained a reputation as a cure for cancer and for treating the symptoms of HIV/AIDS, and preliminary evidence supports a potential benefit in aiding immune disorders.

Tetradenia riparia (Iboza): Previously known as Iboza riparia, this is traditionally used by Zulu people to treat chest complaints, stomache ache & malaria. Inhaling the scent of the crushed leaves is said to relieve headaches.

Zephyranthes flavissima (Yellow Rain Lily): An attractive yellow-flowering lily.

Zephyranthes primulina (Primrose Rain Lily): An attractive pale yellow-flowering lily.

Zingiber collinsii cv. Silver Streaks: A ginger with attractive silver streaks on the foliage

• Like 1

I finish up at Wandjina tomorrow.

It's been an amazing time up here in the Northern Rivers but I've decided to move back south for family reasons.

Thanks for all the support I've had while working here & all the best to whoever takes over managing the nursery :)

• Like 13

I wondered if that was your job that Torsten was talking about.

Maybe we need to have a party to celebrate your return.

• Like 5

I am, I've just worked my first few weeks at my dream job :)

A big thanks to Torsten for the opportunity :)

congrats man, would be a rad job;)
  • Like 2

Congrats interbeing. Hope it works out for you

• Like 2

Culebra! I'll put in an order

• Like 1

Limited time only special - two Griffonia simplicifolia plants for the price of 1!

The seeds of species are high in 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP), an important building block for the synthesis of serotonin in humans.

• Like 1

Hey Interbeing, great Clones! Can you provide me with some high quality Versions of these pics for the website? I think they should be included in the Database, which should also help to sell them faster!

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 1

Sure thing EG :)

• Like 1

Wow! How would these go in an outside greenhouse without any heating? I can adjust sunlight via shade cloth, it's the temperature that worries me. Currently in East NSW I think it gets down to 8 degrees over winter. What are you thoughts interbeing?

If it was September I'd snatch them straight away, just thought I'd ask someone with more experiance than I. Thanks! :)

Wow! How would these go in an outside greenhouse without any heating? I can adjust sunlight via shade cloth, it's the temperature that worries me. Currently in East NSW I think it gets down to 8 degrees over winter. What are you thoughts interbeing?

If it was September I'd snatch them straight away, just thought I'd ask someone with more experiance than I. Thanks! :)

They should be OK in a greenhouse, for outside planting, USDA Zone 9 or higher is recommended.