The Corroboree
toast

Whats new at Wandjina Gardens

I've been updating a bunch of ornamental species, mainly succulents, on the webstore, including uploading photos for Aeonium lindleyi, Cissus cactiformis, Euphorbia decaryi, E. esculenta, Hatiora salicornioides, Haworthia attenuata, H. cymbiformis, Kalanchoe tomentosa, Monadenium denicum, M. lugardae, Stapelia gigantea, S. grandiflora, S. lepida & S. varigata, and creating new listings for Dickia sp., Kalanchoe gastonis-bonnieri, Monadenium 'sp. A', Monadenium 'sp. B' & Schlumbergera truncata.

There's still a bunch more to be done too :)

• Like 2

I've finished of the ornamental species, uploading photos of Aloe brevifolia, Aloe sp. 'Lulu' & Euphorbia tirucalli, and creating listings on the webstore for Agave desmettiana, A. salmiana, Agave 'sp. A', Agave 'sp. B', Aloe ciliaris tidmarshi, Orbea verrucosa, Orthopythum fosterianum, Orthophythum 'Starlights' & Selenicereus anthonyanus.

Selenicereus anthonyanus,....... < super nice plant!!! me wants one! But have to wait...... soooo many "want haves"

• Like 1

Selenicereus anthonyanus,.......

He he S. anthonyanus. Cool species name :rolleyes:

It is definitely a nice plant!post-902-0-02876100-1372373485_thumb.jpg

Selenicereus.JPG

Selenicereus.JPG

• Like 1

Listed a few Catha edulis 'Red' and 'Vienna White.

Get 'em while you can.

Also listed a couple of new Cymbopogon spp.:

Cymbopogon nardus, also known as Citronella Grass, contains an essential oil known as Citronella Oil, which can be extracted from the aerial parts and used as an insect repellent.

C. giganteus. Recent research has found that this species contains a total of eight essential oils, the dominant compounds being limonene (42%) and a set of monoterpene alcohols: trans-p-mentha-1(7),8-dien-2-ol (14.2%), cis-p-mentha-1(7),8-dien-2-ol (12%), trans-p-mentha-2,8-dien-1-ol (5.6%) and cis-p-mentha-2,8-dien-1-ol (5.2%). These essential oils showed antimicrobial effects against all nine bacteria they were applied to in the study.

:wink:

Edited by toast
  • Like 2

A bunch of cacti has been added to the SAB webstore in the last few days, including:

New Listing

Cacti: E. macrogona 'KK2175'. E. peruviana 'X'.

Large Cacti: E. lageniformis 'Bruce', 'Con', 'Jess' & 'Hans'. E. pachanoi '2'. E. peruviana 'Gnosis' & 'KK 338'. E. sp. 'Bogan'.

Extra Large Cacti: E. lageniformis 'Jess' & 'X'. E. pachanoi 'X'. E. peruviana 'San Pedro de Pasco' & 'KK2152'. E. scopulicola 'X'. E. sp. 'Bogan'. E. tarmaensis 'KK2148' (T. peruvianus var. tarmensis).

Relisted
Cacti: E. cephalomacrostibas 'KK1421'. E. lageniformis 'Bruce', 'Eileen', 'Jess', 'Kai', 'Tim' & 'X'. E. macrogona 'KK1422' & 'KK2176'. E. pachanoi 'KK2150', 'Omar', 'Rob', 'X' & '2'. E. peruviana 'Gnosis', 'Hans', 'Icaro', 'Len', 'Los Gentiles', 'San Pedro de Pasco', 'Steve', 'KK338', 'KK2152' & ssp. puquiensis 'KK1689'. E. scopulicola 'X'. E. sp. 'Lance'. E. sp. 'KK1670' (Trich. longispinus). E. tarmaensis 'KK2148' (T. peruvianus var. tarmensis).

Large Cacti: E. cephalomacrostibas 'KK1421'. E. lageniformis 'X'. E. macrogona 'KK1422'. E. pachanoi 'Alf' & 'Mike'. E. peruviana 'Cactus Garage', 'David', 'Len', 'Los Gentiles', 'San Pedro de Pasco', 'KK 242', 'KK1688' & ssp. puquiensis 'KK1689'.

Extra Large Cacti: E. pachanoi 'Alf' & 'KK2150'. E. peruviana 'Cactus Garage'.

Note that due to the length of the extra large specimens (at least 40cm), they are shipped via parcel post only.

post-902-0-76653800-1373578105_thumb.jpg

E. sp 'Bogan'

Edited to add links & photo :)

Bogan (Large).JPG

Bogan (Large).JPG

Edited by toast

1 x Echinopsis lageniformis 'Tim' (Trich. bridgesii) Plant 1 x Echinopsis macrogana 'Blue JAC002' x E. pachanoi 'Omar' Plant 1 x Echinopsis peruviana (Trich. peruvianus) 'Gnosis' Plant 1 x Echinopsis peruviana (Trich. peruvianus) 'Len' Plant 1 x Echinopsis macrogona 'KK1422' (T.macrogonus) Plant 1 x Echinopsis lageniformis 'Con' (Trich. bridgesii) Large Plant

Minus these beauties :)

Can't wait for these to arrive!!

• Like 1

I have updated the Coleus spp. section of the webstore, including the following plants:

Coleus blumei 'green'

post-902-0-20655200-1373511516_thumb.jpg

Coleus blumei 'green/red'

post-902-0-06497000-1373511550_thumb.jpg

Coleus blumei 'red'

post-902-0-71919800-1373511580_thumb.jpg

Coleus sp. 'ruffled'

post-902-0-98602200-1373511618_thumb.jpg

Coleus sp. 'Steve's selection'

post-902-0-90266700-1373511652_thumb.jpg

On a related note, the new edition of Dragibus contains an awesome interview with Snu Voogelbreinder, author of the amazing 'Garden of Eden', in which he discusses the psychoactivity of C. blumei.

CbGreen (Large).JPG

CbGreenRed (Large).JPG

CbRed (Large).JPG

ColeusRuffled (Large).JPG

ColeusStevesSelection (Large).JPG

CbGreen (Large).JPG

CbGreenRed (Large).JPG

CbRed (Large).JPG

ColeusRuffled (Large).JPG

ColeusStevesSelection (Large).JPG

• Like 1

Freshly harvested Psychotria viridis seeds have been added to the webstore, as have large Echinopsis sp. 'Juul's Giant' x E. pachanoi 'X' and Echinopsis lageniformis 'Segmented/ Sausage' Plant in both standard and large sizes. The latter clone terminates growth at the end of the grow season then pups from the termination point at the start of next grow season, although it is variable and does not terminate every column every season.

• Like 2

Added another couple of plants to the webstore;

Centella asiatica (Gotu Cola) -This species is a culinary & medicinal herb. It is quite nutritious and is used as a leafy green in Indian cuisine. It is also a much revered tonic and nootropic, and the leaves are eaten raw for best effect.
In traditional medicine, Gotu Cola is used to revitalize the brain and nervous system, increase attention span and concentration and combat aging. It also has antioxidant properties, is a mild adaptogen, is mildly antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, antiulcerogenic, anxiolytic, nervine and vulnerary, and can act as a cerebral tonic, a circulatory stimulant, and a diuretic.

Echinopsis sp. 'Giant Blue JAC001' Extra Large Plant - Note that these specimens exhibit a slight to moderate amount of scarring (see below), and are offered cheaper than they would otherwise be. Due to the length of these cacti (at least 40cm), they are shipped via parcel post only.

post-902-0-62426100-1374186066_thumb.jpg

post-902-0-99865400-1374186024_thumb.jpg

JAC001.JPG

DSCN0804 (Large).JPG

JAC001.JPG

DSCN0804 (Large).JPG

• Like 1

Relisted a few cacti today.

Also, we are currently stocking Salvia divinorum (Diviner's Sage) herb [20 grams], and Mitragyna specoisa (Kratom) herb [20 grams & 1 kilo] and 20x extract [15 grams & 1 kilo] via the webstore :drool2:

Edit: forgot to mention that the Diviner's Sage is grown in Mexico & is reported to be approximately five times more potent than domestically grown material

Edited by toast
  • Like 2

watz the recommended dose 4 the kratom extract??? just workin out the pocket [coin] b4 i buy :scratchhead:

watz the recommended dose 4 the kratom extract??? just workin out the pocket [coin] b4 i buy :scratchhead:

Not sure mate, I'll have to get back to you

very interested in the kratom extract, will do a write up when i receive it.

choice!

Fuck yeah! Kratom is back! Woot!!! Yah dosage rates would be awesome!

Will u be doing sage extracts?

Thirded with the kratom dosage rates. Great stuff guys!

used to love making crystally extract from sally, happy to do it for anyone that cant be arsed.

Wait.. what did I miss?

Kratom and Salvia Divinorum are illegal in Australia and have been for ages, I thought?

Sorry if I did actually miss something huge and obvious. I'm super excited to see Kratom for sale here! I'm just confused about their sudden availability.....

watz the recommended dose 4 the kratom extract?

Sorry for the delay. I'm waiting for feedback from someone that has tried both the raw and extracted product.

Will u be doing sage extracts?

No plans to do extracts at the moment. The imported Mexican material is quite strong as it is :wacko:

• Like 1

Thanks so much for pointing that out to me, Anodyne.

It was almost surreal to see those things listed on the SAB store. I had to pinch myself.... seemed too good to be true.

I've had many experiences with a wide variety of psychotropic plants because I have travelled extensively and thus have been able to take advantage of opportunistic moments.

BUT, I've never tried Kratom and I've always wanted too!!