The Corroboree
toast

Whats new at Wandjina Gardens

I have M. hostilis growing in pots outside and unprotected in subtropical NSW. The lowest temp last winter was about 2C.. They survived this temperature fine. They seem pretty hardy to me.

• Like 1

Yah no probs here in central west nsw they cope fine with the frosts

Awesome, and still plenty of stock.

Thanks guys, will make a purchase tonight :)

Re-listed some $15 Lophophora williamsii. Note that this species is not kept on premises at Wandjina Gardens, and is not available for pick up unless arranged in advance.

Limited time only special - two Turnera diffusa plants for the price of 1!

:)

• Like 1

Re-listed some $15 Lophophora williamsii. Note that this species is not kept on premises at Wandjina Gardens, and is not available for pick up unless arranged in advance.

excellent, how big are these about 15mm?

excellent, how big are these about 15mm?

15-20mm

Have re-listed:

Duboisia myoporoides (Corkwood): This species contains high levels of scopolamine and related alkaloids, and has traditionally been used as hunting aid.

Areca catechu f.dwarf (Dwarf Betel Palm): Betel Nut Palm, dwarf form.
The fruit of this species is known as betel nut, a popular stimulant throughout much of Asia and PNG. The nuts are typically chewed in conjunction with Piper betle (Betel Leaf) leaves.

Lophophora williamsii plant ($110) and Lophophora williamsii ($90): Note that this species is not kept on premises at Wandjina Gardens, and is not available for pick up unless arranged in advance.

New listings:

Acacia bakeri (Marblewood): Acacia bakeri, known as the Marblewood is one of the largest of all Acacias, growing to 40 meters tall. It is a long lived climax rainforest tree from eastern Australia. Unlike most Acacias, fire is not required for seed germination. This tree is considered vulnerable to extinction. Its former habitat is lowland sub tropical rainforest which has been mostly cleared in the 19th and 20th century.

Eupomatia laurine (Bolwarra): Eupomatia laurina, commonly named Bolwarra or sometimes Native Guava or Copper Laurel is a species of shrubs to small trees, of the Australian continent ancient plant family Eupomatiaceae.

The sweet, aromatic fruit is used as a spice-fruit in cooking, being included in beverages, jams and desserts. It is best used in combination with other ingredients that compliment its strong flavor, and hence should be considered one of the Australian spices.

I visited Wandjina Gardens for the first time today and brought home a nice size P.Viridis and a baby San Pedro to add to the family.

I must say, Wandjina Gardens is a beautiful nursery in a beautiful spot and an awesome selection of ethnobotanicals at great prices.

The staff member that was on site was super helpful and friendly too. I'll definitely be doing many more repeat visits in the future, I can't believe I didn't visit sooner, seeing as it's only a 30-45 minute drive from home.

• Like 3

Glad to hear you made the trip out there InnerPaths...it's a great place hey. Did you end up getting yourself another caapi as well?

• Like 1

No, I didn't actually. But I will be visiting again in a month or so and will probably pick one up then. I was stoked to get a nice sized, established psychotria for an awesome price and it's doing well next to my caapi in my little outdoor garden in the shade.

I saw so much stuff that I would've loved to have bought but funds were tight. Amazing nursery and spot though, even if I didn't buy anything it would've been worth the visit and interbeing was super friendly and you could tell he is passionate about what he does there.

A good friend of mine lives nearby in the Koonyum Range so I'll probably pop my head in on a semi regular basis whenever I'm visiting him.

• Like 2

Have re-listed:

Tabernanthe iboga 1 pod picked fresh monthly and packed in sphagnum moss. May already be germinating in pod. Seeds of the superior round pod variety of Tabernanthe iboga. Very limited seasonal supply!!

Turnera diffusa (Damiana) Plant The leaves have traditionally been used as a tea and an incense by native Central and South Americans for its relaxing effects and for stimulating the libido.

New listings:

Piper auritum (Hoja Santa) Herb 20g The Aztec's used Hoja Santa for bronchitis, laryngitis and asthma. Today Hoja Santa may stimulate digestion, relieve colic, for skin irritations and as a diuretic. Actions: stimulant, aphrodisiac, stomachic (Aztec use).

Catha edulis f. narrow-leaf (Khat) Seed packet.

Catha edulis f. green (Khat) Seed packet.

Edited by interbeing
  • Like 1

Hi Interbeing.

What's the current situation for you to post the Catha seeds and iboga pods to West Australia? Last list of stuff SAB won't send I saw was over a year ago but neither of those were on it.

Hi Interbeing.

What's the current situation for you to post the Catha seeds and iboga pods to West Australia? Last list of stuff SAB won't send I saw was over a year ago but neither of those were on it.

Also interested in some Catha seeds and some Lophophora seeds.

Thanks

Hi Interbeing.

They're fine mate

Nice one mate. Cheers!

I dunno mate. But I would hazard a guess that besides from any environmental concerns they may or may not have, the possibility of people using lophs for non-gardening related activities would be a pretty big factor. Much like cannabis seeds.

All I've been told is because it's "obnoxious" ?

That cracks me up, were you really told that? Images of tiny cacti poking out their little tongues at passing schoolbusses springs to mind. Think of the children!

• Like 6

Hi interbeing,

Do you have red and vienna catha seeds available?

Just had a look on that link you put, it only has plants and both the vienna and red are sold out. It does have green and nl seeds. Ill have to keep checking back for the vienna and red seeds, thanx mate

• Like 1

That cracks me up, were you really told that? Images of tiny cacti poking out their little tongues at passing schoolbusses springs to mind. Think of the children!

yes, that is what I was told. LOL, love your comment.

noxious.

i'm not sure how much you already know gimli, but since nobody else has offered anything.... WA is subject to stricter quarantines in terms of plant species allowed into the state in order to protect the environment. what are the exact reasons for each particular plant being disallowed? i doubt that information is readily available if at all, but i assume they are all to do with protecting WA flora, fauna, waterways and agriculture.

there must be heaps of members who could give a better answer