The Corroboree
Justler

WTB Special Aya vines

Hi lovely people!

I'm in search of some special vines and would appreciate any help I could get to source a live plant / rooted cutting.

The vines that interest me the most are:

• Banisteriopsis Muricata
  • Tetrapterys methystica
  • Diplopterys cabrerana (chaliponga)
  • Rattle Caapi or Ayahuasca cascabel
  • Boa Ayahuasca
  • Red Ayahuasca
  • White Ayahuasca

I believe some of these are already floating around Aus, and I'd happily pay good coin for a plant.

Also interested in any other exciting vines out there that I may not be aware of B).

If you can help, please contact me.

Cheers.

J.

• Like 1

Ah.... the passion of a serious collector.

From those of us waiting for cuttings from plants you dont even have yet, I wish you the best in your search.

• Like 2

Haha, thanks Col. Cutting will definitely be coming your way once I have some of these fine ladies in my life.

I would also gladly throw up cash for even seeds of any of the above..

• Like 1

good old cielo, not good enough?

only kidding...

we humans, want more, want more, i want more.

Sorry to bumpitty bump...but if we can pool resources we might be able to try our luck sourcing seeds from South America? I think I might ask a few peeps offline who are good with this stuff...

Rattle caapi/cascabel is the one I'm most interested in getting into Ozland :)

• Like 2

herbalistics has alicia sp. (black aya?) as well as an unidentified malphigaceae (probably banisteriopsis sp.) in stock as well as some interesting caapi varieties

I would be down on throwing in money to source these plants too. Would be nice knowing that chaliponga exists in aussie. Alicia shouldn't be too hard to source, like poisonshroom said herbalistics have a few in stock.

Unfortunately chaliponga only propagates vegetatively :/

I think it's incredibly unlikely it's NOT already here, given that it's been such a desirable plant for so long. I mean things like sally have made it into the country and spread like wildfire in relatively recent years, Diplopterys has been well known for a lot longer. But if do, everyone who has it is certainly keeping tight lipped. (PM me? :drool2:)

From what I can gather salvia was imported well before it was made illegal and at a time when things may have been more lax in customs.

From what I can gather salvia was imported well before it was made illegal and at a time when things may have been more lax in customs.

It was obviously legal to possess at the time yes... but now that I think of it, given that AQIS lists it explicitly as permitted for seed and nursery stock import, it was probably done through official channels.

Was customs/aqis really that much more lax 20 years ago?

Well customs wouldn't have had the same tech that they do now so even if they weren't more lax it would have been easier to get things in then than it is now.

Oh and also Diplopterys Cabrerana does set seed but not very often.

I honestly thought that for detecting live plant matter they would rely much more on old school methods like sniffer dogs, and that modern x-ray techniques and such wouldn't have been game changers for AQIS nearly as much as for customs?

Interesting to hear that diplo does set seed... have you ever heard of them producing seed outside their native habitat? This makes it seem even more unlikely that nobody is cultivating it domestically... unless it's only briefly viable.

edit: how rarely are we talking with the seed? regular rare or SallyD rare?

Edited by endorfinder

Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the scanners do pickup biological materials.

I'm honestly unsure but I remember when I was looking frantically for this plant I saw in a thread that someone claimed to have DC seeds and it was found that they weren't dc seeds because they didn't have a wavy skirting around the seed (I forget the technical name). I'll go and try and find this topic I am talking about. From memory they don't set seed in peru but do in brazil or something along those lines. If you search around you'll also see that people are talking about how it's here in Aus but no one who has it is willing to share :(

Now off to find that thread :)

Here's a post by Torsten that says he knows people who have it; http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1401&p=10266 Bare in mind that was in 2000 so nothing has come of it, not even 13 years later.

Heres another thread with the seed morphology in it (although not the one I am talking about): http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17619&hl=%2Bdiplopterys+%2Bcabrerana

*goes back to searching*

Edited by Shamanistic

^^ The Harvard Botany paper linked to in that thread by Zelly shows the fruit of various Diplopterys incl D. cabrerana. Hope someone has it in cultivation.. Wld love an opp to grow it..

• Like 2

I found some B muricata seeds and White Aya from various sources. Just praying for some to germinate. Would definitely be interested in pooling resources to find other special vines.