The Corroboree
Roopey

432 hertz - The frequencies of nature

I have recently switched over to 432 hertz and I'm never going back. The harmonies and the overtones that it creates is just amazing. I highly recommend anyone interested in making healing music check this out.

http://humansarefree.com/2011/05/432-hz-vs-440-hz-documentary.html

http://www.omega432.com/music.html

http://soulsounds.com.au/432-hz-the-physics-of-sound/

Soul Sounds:

432 Hz – Perfect Harmonic of Light The discovery of 432 Hz frequency remains one the most important factors in Sound Healing and therefore worth the introduction.

Everything in the Universe is Sound therefore becoming attuned to this intelligent system by embracing what is our most natural state of being may determine the difference between living a harmounious existence or not. To do so we have to realign to the correct resonance of our true nature.

Early in the 19th Century our music was tuned to 440 Hz which added an extra 8 Hz thus creating a slight distortion from what is otherwise known to be the perfect frequency which is 432Hz. This frequency is known to carry the PHI ratio of Fibbonacci which is the Golden Mean principle.

The Golden Mean is found in everything from the distant solar systems and galaxies all the way to our cellular molecular structure and DNA. So when music is tuned to 432Hz instead of 440Hz it has a profound effect on our bodies, mind, emotions and spirit. Thus sound produced through any instrument tuned to 432Hz carries with itself the perfect harmonic of Light.

To be more precise what this means is that the Golden Mean PHI uni?es the properties of light, time, space, matter, gravity and magnetism with biology and the DNA code and consciousness.

What is Sound?

Sound is vibrational energy. It is a form of energy which is caused by vibration. Sound takes the form of waves. Waves are measured in Hertz which means the cycle per seconds at which something vibrates. For example a tuning fork if played it vibrates backwards and forwards about 100 times per second so that means it would have a frequency of 100Hz. Frequency is a scienti?c term to what we would otherwise call ‘pitch’.

The human audible range can vary between 16 and 20000 cycles per second. Therefore the slower moving the sound, the longer and deeper will be the sound wave. The faster is the sound and the shorter and higher will be the wave by which it travels. For example a piano note that is 27.5 Hz is the lowers note you can play, and the highest will resonate at 4,186Hz. Any sound that is above 20000 or below 16 Hz are beyond the human hearing faculty and are called ultrasonic.

Nature has got much higher sound frequency as high as 40000 Hz has been recorded which is the sound made by crickets and also the dolphins and wales can perceive sound up to 180000 Hz, this is almost 10 times our hearing range.

Nada Brahma ‘The Wold is Sound” is in the Hindu Sacred scriptures, and now we know this to be so. From the electrons moving around a nucleus of an atom to planets revolving around stars in distant galaxies, everything is ‘vibration’ hence everything that is movement is creating a ‘Sound’ whether we can hear it or not.

How sound effects the human energy ?eld:

Resonance:

Resonance is one of the basic principles by which Sound Healing works. Resonance is the ‘frequency or the vibration at which an object vibrates. Everything solid has a vibration, the chair, the desk, a tree and of course all the organs in the body including the bones that appear so solid have a frequency. Every part of the body has its own vibration and together they have a composite of frequency which is the individual ‘resonance’. So in this instance the human body can be described as a Human Orchestra, as all of these body parts are constantly and consistently working together to be in ‘tune’ or harmony.

We can begin to understand now, how what we call disease can occur in the body. If we consider that these organs are supposed to harmoniously cooperate, if one begins to go out of tune the entire melody becomes distorted, as it would in an orchestra if one of the instruments would start playing the same piece but in the wrong key.

To this effect scientist Itzhak Bentov in his Book Stalking the Wild Pendulum explains well the concept of resonance. In his view, when the body is diseased, it becomes out of tune. If it were possible to project the proper resonance sound frequency to the organ which was effected it may be possible to restore harmony and realign it back to its natural state of health.

Entrainment:

Another important factor of vibration is Entrainment. Entrainment is the phenomenon of sound in which a powerful vibration of an object is able to change the vibrations of another object, causing it to become synchronized with itself. To explain this phenomenon better we can relate to the experience of Dutch Physicist Christian Huygens, a contemporary of Isaac Newton, who discovered entrainment in the 17th Century. When he placed many grandfather clocks in the same room and upon his return he discovered that all the clocks pendulums where synchronized or entrained to the larger clock.

Entrainment is also found in nature, when we observe ?re?ies blinking on and off eventually entrain each other. So do women when they spend periods of time in the same rooms often become entrained in their menstrual cycles.

Rhythm:

Sound can change our internal rhythm. One way of doing this of course is through rhythm. If we play a piece of music with a slow tempo, most likely we will feel relaxed. And our internal rhythm will change. The heart rate will slow down etc., whilst a faster rhythm will create a different internal rhythm perhaps making us want to move faster or dance.

You can easily change your entire library over to 432hz using the free program Audacity.

Roop

• Like 4

cool! thanks for sharing.

reminds me of i-dosing

Having researched this myself extensively, I have to say that the actual base frequency of A (440, 432, 415, 422.2222222, 456,789 or whatever) doesn't really "mean" anything. A way to think of it, is that it doesn't really matter what shade of green you use to paint your trees with (light green, dark green, forest green, emerald green - it depends on the amount of light on the tree - no single color of paint is more natural than the other) - it matters if the ratios of greens in the painting are harmonious (the highlights of a dark pine tree generally don't look very good if they're vomit green - whereas if the pine tree is backlit in bright sun, then it's appropriate to use vomit green). It's not a very good analogy to use colors, but it's gets across the message that the base frequency doesn't mean anything.

Secondly (lol), nature doesn't care about what a second is - a second does not exist in nature, so 432 "seconds" is not more meaningful or more natural than 430.2578 on the merit that the former is an integer number of seconds.

Thirdly, if there are vocals in music, then you're slowing them down - so you're no longer hearing the real voice, but an artificially slowed down one that the real vocalist couldn't even sing back to.

This video shows about the ratios used in music. The common system in use literally almost everywhere that Western music (including all popular music from probably every country) (orchestral musicians are probably the only people who play differently (more in tune) in the West) use is called 12-tone Equal Temperament, and I can practically guarantee that unless you search otherwise, you won't have heard anything different. Whether or not the base frequency of A is 432 or 440 - if it's using Equal Temperament (which unless it's orchestral, it will be), it's out of tune anyway.

This video is scientifically accurate, and shows and plays some music so you can hear the tuning I'm talking about.

https://www.youtube....h?v=BhZpvGSPx6w

Those curves are called Lissajous curves, and are made by two sine waves (the two you're hearing) - one controlling how far the dot is left or right, and one how far up or down (each can move the dot along this way, but no other direction - if there exists a rational (i.e. integer divided by integer, like 3/2) ratio between the frequencies, then the dot trace will line up each time it goes around. The dot traces out the curve). Almost ALL modern music uses equal temperament - it's a compromise so that you can play music in any of the 12 keys, on a keyboard. :)

Equal temperament uses the 12th root of two (2 ^ 1/12, or alternatively stated - if X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X = 2, then what is X? ) to make a scale. You get 1, 2^1/12, 2^2/12, 2^3/12.... 2^12/12 (==2). These numbers are multiplied by your base frequency to make a chromatic scale from that base frequency. These numbers approximate very well the integer ratios, but are off. Instead of getting the ratio 3/2 (1.5), you get 1.48 for the perfect fifth. The minor third sounds more dissonant than it's supposed to, but we've gotten used to it. The octave (the frequency ratio of 2 to 1) is the only non-disturbed ratio in Equal temperament.

Just temperaments (there's not just one way) uses integer ratios, such as 5/4, 4/3, 3/2 to make the scale. Unfortunately this means you can only play in like 1-7 keys (depending on how in-tune you make your primary key), and the rest just sound too disharmonic to play in - So for example, your Just instrument could beautifully play something in the key of C, but be completely horrible in the key of C#. Each key would sound different, as the ratios are different. With Equal Temperament, every key sounds identical, except raised or lowered in pitch. Each key in Just-tunings had it's own mood almost, like some keys sounded majestic, others peaceful, others restless - so much of our musical heritage, isn't being being played the way it was created. :P

There are literally millions of other tuning systems - some very subtle, some hugely different - and almost all of modern Western music uses just that one tuning system. Unfortunately, you won't generally off the bat enjoy these other systems, as your brain has been told to think that only Equal Temperament is correct, because you likely would never have heard anything else (except in nature, such as birds). But luckily, it only takes an open-mind and a curious attitude to enjoy all the other musical tunings in some way.

Edited by CβL
  • Like 1

CBL: The Sitar - doesn't conform to the Western 440hz - I think thats why sometimes it can sound a bit off to a westerner - But I once read an article that stated the harmonics of the sitar produce a spectrum that goes off to infinity instead of damping itself.

Edot: My personal opinion is that for something to be perfect, it would have to relate to Planks constant somehow...

Edited by IndianDreaming

I did a quick search and found this funny pdf - looks like someone scanned in a 'back of the napkin' sitar analysis... https://ccrma.stanford.edu/marl/Benade/documents/Benade-Sitar-1982.pdf

Unfortuantely I have no idea what the correct tuning is for a Sitar - I'll ask a mate of mine who owns one (and plays it like a pro) he will know, he also plays really obscure instruments, mandalin, lute, and that funny thumb spring box thingo... his house looks like a musical museum. I can play the fool quite well though :P

As for vocalists being unable to sing back to a pitch-corrected score, I'm going to disagree with CBL. Humans aren't wired to sing against any specific concert pitch. In fact with much pop music of our present time, they aren't singing in pitch, or even in tune, as the advanced soundlab tools of producers can remedy poor performances. I recall seeing a live Kylie Minogue video some time ago, and she was way out. Similarly, check out some early Metallica performances, I'm quite certain that James Hetfield is tone deaf or was poorly trained as a vocalist.

I agree with you, but I just mean that it will be harder for a singer having trained to sing A440 to sing A432 perhaps, at least initially. :)

I probably should have used the word singer, initially too.

I'm almost certain that a sitar sounds off not because of it's base frequency, but because they don't use 12 notes, but rather 22 divisions to the octave:

http://en.wikipedia....uti_%28music%29

Check out the column called 'Cents' (a cent is a logarithmic scale of frequency, so every time the frequency doubles, you've still only gone up 1200 cents each time). In equal temperament, there are 1200 cents to the octave, and each note falls at a multiple of 100. So each number that's more than 5 cents higher or lower (that's about the just-noticeable difference [JND] for a human) than a multiple of 100, will sound like an "off" note to our ears. It doesn't really sound off to me, but just different. The most expensive instrumental concert I have ever paid for was for a sitarist and a tabla player. :P

Edited by CβL