The Corroboree
bogfrog

Seeing your thoughts in the world around you

something wierd that happened to me several years ago... I had a client give me a deer leg.... I really didn't know what to do with it so it stayed in the freezer a long while... but I had a timeshare at the time, and I took an employee and his girlfriend out one weekend cause I wanted to actually use the damn thing.. and so I took the deer leg with me... I just winged it cause I had no idea how to cook it.. so it smoked in foil for several hours...

about halway through, maybe 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile from us, a long line of deer lined up, an entire herd and they were just hanging out... it felt all ceremonial and shit...They stayed there for hours, their in the distance, across a field... there may have been a stream of water nearby... For me it was a really beautiful experience... I felt kinda bad, but I also knew I didn't kill the deer and it was like that feeling of being thankful and respectful at the same time... the deer leg didn't come out that bad either but man is that a memory i'll never forget...

also I woke up to the craziest dream yesterday morning.. I couldn't sleep, and actually I was following a convo of two of my friends in aussie who had actually met each other in person for the first time (we have chatted over a year, some of my nicest friends) and they were posting all sorts of drunk funnies on facebook.... I finally started writing and then something seemed to make me go to sleep like at 3 or 4 am, and well i was finally tired duh, but also writers block

The dream was so lucid... it had to do with me discovering something of enormous value, and some ppl around me guarding me and it... some other faction was interested in stealing it... at one point they did steal it, and I wasn't even aware of it, but then someone came to the door and returned it to me, letting me know what had happened... and then as the dream kinda tapered off and I woke up to that song by sparklehorse "It's a wonderful life" playing in my head loudly and clearly.. this thread is the first I ever heard of the song ... My computer was next to me and there was the vid on the screen too, like I was looking at that picture as it was playing in my head, but it started well before I opened my eyes, so I played it and I cried like a little baby just cause it was a really neat revelation to me in its own way...

anyways I don't think i've cried in over a year so that was nice and plus it was happy tears... :lol:

post-11432-0-20184600-1359135743_thumb.j

post-11432-0-20184600-1359135743_thumb.jpg

post-11432-0-20184600-1359135743_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spine Collector
  • Like 2

Sometimes life is just so multifaceted and interlaced and confusing and beautiful, that all you can do is cry :)

• Like 1