The Corroboree
Torsten

we are upgrading in the next few days.

Just did a bit of research ...

On the old computer with Google Chrome, i got the grey box you spoke of Torsten,

On an ipad IOS 6.0.2 , i got the old quoting style.

On an android device, O.S 2.3.6 Gingerbread, i got the old quoting style.

On my laptop running widows 7 and the latest Firefox, i get the basics...sentence only, no box etc...

I think i will run Google chrome on my laptop to solve my problem.

:)

• Like 1

What do the numbers represent next to the classified entries?

post-8419-0-67012200-1358664234_thumb.gi

post-8419-0-67012200-1358664234_thumb.gif

post-8419-0-67012200-1358664234_thumb.gif

From memory it was views, and days and hours left?

i find when i press on new content that it only comes up with one thread it used to have hundreds have we gone

back to zero so to speak

re staying logged in:

The forum seems to use a log in key that stays active for 30 days. I don't think this is deleted by deleting cookies, but I have no idea where this is stored. I think the easiest is to wait another 20 or so days and see if the problem has gone away,.

• Like 1

I'm having none of these issues of staying logged in, which may be due to some of my Firefox settings

Options>Privacy >
- Tell websites I do not want to be tracked
- Never remember history

• Like 2

Just looked at that Psylo. Good idea. Although, sometimes the search history is handy when your trying to find something you googled a month ago?!. I might try the 'start private browsing' that Firefox has when i am hanging out at SAB and see if that changes the auto log in issue for now.

• Like 1

its tripping me out but also its quite convenient...

I can't make it happen on purpose but when i step away from the computer and come back in a couple hours I am magically logged in...
another wierd thing, is I usually get a prompt to save passwords and for this site alone when I login I never got that option, but I think its browser related.. Im in google chrome

my first thought was, who the hell is logging in for me? lol

Edited by Spine Collector

It let's me log out and stay logged out only as long as I don't close the browser or go offline.

Its been consistent that I seem to be logged back on when the browser reopens.

I'm using Safari and OSX.

I'll try the private browsing option and see if that helps.

Edited by trucha

I'm having none of these issues of staying logged in, which may be due to some of my Firefox settings

Options>Privacy >

- Tell websites I do not want to be tracked

- Never remember history

This ^ seems to be working :)

Also, i now have a quote box using Firefox. Its rather large and no info... like time or member...but its a start,lol .

Just wondering about adding a comment to the photos in the header ... there doesn't seem to be a box for comments? . Or is that just me? Anyone else?

EDIT: actually, i was able to make a comment the other day on one photo. Just wondering if it was from a different device. Hmmm.

Edited by Amazonian

Changing to "private browsing" in Safari works too.

There is an issue when editing a blog post, the pictures revert back to their url links which means they have to be set as images individually every time, is this due to the upgrade?

IPB support tells me that the sign out problem is a known problem and they are working on it. would have though such a major security issue would be something they'd fix rather quickly, but no.....

• Like 1

Thanks Torsten, I will let you know when it stops logging me in automatically. :)

Just wondering about adding a comment to the photos in the header ... there doesn't seem to be a box for comments? . Or is that just me? Anyone else?

EDIT: actually, i was able to make a comment the other day on one photo. Just wondering if it was from a different device. Hmmm.

same here, since the last upgrade we can't add comments, to gallery photos.

probably we have to live with this, and it's no drama, but i liked this feature.

one thing i like since the upgrade, is that one can click anywhere above a pic, TO CLOSE, and minimize the picture again.

befor, one had to scroll and move the mouse a lot before finding the close button, which was a pain.

Some gallery pictures allow comments, and some don't. I am thinking it might be a setting as the pics are uploaded?. Maybe there is an option to allow or not allow comments?!. I haven't tried to upload to the gallery since the latest upgrade, so I don't know if there are any differences in the settings there .

I think that we can only edit comments to gallery photos that already had comments before the upgrade? But I certainly did like adding comments. :|

Edited by CβL

True. I get the comment box on that image as well. It very well could be an option when uploading then. :)

I just uploaded a picture to the header, and there was no option to have comments made. I also looked in my settings, and see no option there either. Its odd how only a few images allow comments , and others don't !?.

Any chance of looking into that when you have time please Torsten ?, or is that just the way it is from now on?. I know its not important to the running of the forum, but it adds a bit of quirkiness to it... in my opinion .

I just checked the settings and the only restriction i can see are for commenting in member albums. not sure why I did that, but it's been there all along i thought.

Can someone please document an exact example so i can follow this up.

Ah, i see why now... the orchid i commented on the other day (in above link) is in 'the gallery' and most of the images in the header are in 'members gallery'. That explains that ..... BUT... as long as i have been a member here, i have been able to comment on any image in the header. Other images that have had comments are also in the 'members gallery' , so this restriction is a new thing (as far as i can tell).

I am not sure what type of exact example you want Torsten... um.. *thinks..

Here is an image prior to latest upgrade. Its in the members gallery, and has comments on it.

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&image=6334

And here is an image after the upgrade in members gallery, and it does not allow comments.

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&image=6408

Just looking at the upload image process and I think by default as we upload an image now, its coming under members gallery which we are now not able to comment on.

So if i go 'upload', then If i go to 'select category',. it has options of what i want an image placed under... Australian native plants,.... leafy exotics,...cacti and succulent... etc.. and next to it, it has 'select category'. Right down the bottom is 'members gallery' which doesn't have the 'select category'... so unless we choose a category, it automatically goes into 'members gallery'. So i guess its up to the member now to make the decision at that point, and that will be the deciding factor as to whether an image may be commented on or not(but i havent tried an image through that yet?!) I guess its just a matter of getting use to the new system. Be nice to have it how it was though, but thanks for taking a look anyway Torsten. :)

post-7430-0-43002700-1361398554_thumb.jp

.image upload option.jpg

.image upload option.jpg

Edited by Amazonian

thanks for that. can you please give it a try now.

Ah yes, comments are now able to be made. I would really hate to have been unable to make a comment should reptyle post another yellow image :wink:

Thanks Torsten

• Like 1