The Corroboree
Jox

Working out a film clip from Rage this morn? Help please

I have a silly request, & was hoping some of the music lovers here can help.

I woke up this morning at about 2am & decided to put on Rage only to see a cool film clip halfway through, so it did not tell me who the band was & I would love to work it out. I will do my best to explain it & hopefully someone here will know.

Rage was playing clips from 2008, the film clip had three band members, two men & a woman, they were all dressed up in costumes one of the men was wearing a white feathered headdress & a white robe he had a blue line painted from his nose down to his chin, the other members were dressed in other trippy costumes. it looked like they filmed it in the desert & other parts of the bush. The clip also had subtitles which I think might of been Spanish (I really don't know :lol: )

I know this is a pretty random description but if anyone has an idea can you please let me know, as I would love to work it out. If it helps the next song they played was by MGMT & was Electric Feel which is another cool film clip!

Cheers for the help

jox

• Like 1

You, my friend, have just witnessed the wonder that is Empire Of The Sun :)

Link to rage playlists

Edited by at0m
  • Like 3

Is that Luke steel from Sleepy Jackson?

• Like 1

Is that Luke steel from Sleepy Jackson?

Yes, sir, it most definitely is.

Thank you my friend at0m, I have been trying to work it out all day. I will be buying there CD's this week :)

• Like 1

ahah I was watching that and thinking omg what a great video and song

Edit: actually it was ether a different song or the film clip was different

Edited by jwerta
  • Like 2

this is the one I saw

• Like 2

this is the one I saw

Pryda remix of "We are the people":

• Like 1

Pryda remix of "We are the people":

very nice!

Cool jwerta, I'm glad I wasn't the only one up at that time enjoying Rage, thats the song I saw too.

That remix is sweet!!

Thanks for that Therefore, I was just looking at the Walking On A Dream "Special Edition" Cd, it comes with a second Cd with Sam La More 12" remix on it.

how annoying is how rage doesnt tell you the name of the song at the end any more??? it drives me mad!!

however you can look up the playlist. that's sort of cheating though.

post-1342-0-95551800-1356269943_thumb.pn

RAAAAAAAAA-EEEEEEEEJ

post-1342-0-95551800-1356269943_thumb.png

post-1342-0-95551800-1356269943_thumb.png

Edited by frank
  • Like 2

Rage never gave you the artist and title at the end. I remember being upset about it when I was watching it in the late 80s. And then we didn't have online playlists or forums to ask peers.

Once the playlist was up, I used it a lot until I got the Shazam ap. If they're worth nothing more, smartphones are worth it just for this ap.

• Like 1

My mate always raves when were drunk at 4am about how rage used to be beta tape submission only? Even when VHS was ruling the mainstream? Not sure of the credibility but he often pulls out his VHS recording of rage playing his videoclip on beta from 1990. I never seem to enjoy it anymore :( sucks being an ol school punker sometimes haha

• Like 1

Rage never gave you the artist and title at the end. I remember being upset about it when I was watching it in the late 80s. And then we didn't have online playlists or forums to ask peers.

X1000

This will solve all your problems guys. Props to The Mossman who first put me onto it:

http://rageagain.com/

Every clip since the 1998 :)

• Like 3

are you sure rabaelthazar?? because though i didn't watch in the late 80s on account of not existing yet, i do have distinct memories of getting the song near the end of the film clip. maybe they did it for a while then stopped again?? i have a couple of old tapes, i will watch them. for science.

then again maybe i am losing my mind and confusing it with video hits ... :S deary me

are you sure rabaelthazar?? because though i didn't watch in the late 80s on account of not existing yet, i do have distinct memories of getting the song near the end of the film clip. maybe they did it for a while then stopped again?? i have a couple of old tapes, i will watch them. for science.

then again maybe i am losing my mind and confusing it with video hits ... :S deary me

Yeah, Breadfilter has it right. It's video hits you're thinking of.

• Like 1