The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
bullit

way too hot and dry!!!!!

fuck me its way to hot today 35.3 @ 11am! my plants especially my solanaceaes r looking not well i have moved what i hav in pots under cover but the 1s in the ground that r wilting big time!! it hasnt rained for weeks just a light shower now and then <> cant water cauz i am on tank water with bout 5 inches left. FUCKEN RAIN U BASTARDZ! even my cacti r hating this humidity

fuck i haved showered 4 weeks soooo my plants can drink LOL !

• Like 1

Sounds like u need to do a rain dance Bullit!

I was seriously contemplating getting my rainstick out yesterday, but the heavens opened on their own accord. Maybe its the intention that counts?

Could you set some shade cloth up above your plants that are in the ground? Might help tide them over till the next downpour.

Sounds like u need to do a rain dance Bullit!

I was seriously contemplating getting my rainstick out yesterday, but the heavens opened on their own accord. Maybe its the intention that counts?

Could you set some shade cloth up above your plants that are in the ground? Might help tide them over till the next downpour.

my legs r tooo tired and my feet have blisterz from dancing like a crazzie man on crack !! haved pulled down some shade cloth from the kennels and put up and i have even gone for a long walk to the dam with 50 litre buckets for water!

i have a pool thats gone sour cauz i cant maintain it! i wanna use that ??? o yeah my veg patch is dead and my swamp plants has no swamp aarrrrrr

Edited by bullit
  • Like 1

Ask the kids to raindance for ya then?

Er i'm not sure about pool water chemicals, they might just kill your plants :( must be frustrating looking at it all the time tho.

Exposure to sunlight purifies the nasties in tap water in a few hours, or are u guys relying solely on tank water?

I'd run the pool water through a filter of sorts and use that for the plants. Also, get soil wetting agent and water xtals. and use a drip style watering, it is much more efficient. mulch heavily aswell.

• Like 1

22 and be-a-u-ti-ful here, haha

Ask the kids to raindance for ya then?

Er i'm not sure about pool water chemicals, they might just kill your plants :( must be frustrating looking at it all the time tho.

Exposure to sunlight purifies the nasties in tap water in a few hours, or are u guys relying solely on tank water?

my little feralz dance all day everyday hahah i just have tank water :unsure:

I'd run the pool water through a filter of sorts and use that for the plants. Also, get soil wetting agent and water xtals. and use a drip style watering, it is much more efficient. mulch heavily aswell.

yeah naja dont have a spare pump only have tha daveiez pump for my tanks dont have no irragation but do mulch ! i live in tha hinterland and its usually rains fucken all the time thats why i grow niteshades and not cacti and its usually 3 to 5 deg cooler than down tha hill! hasnt been like this 4 bout 5 years up here!!!

22 and be-a-u-ti-ful here, haha

fuk your 22 hahah jokes

Edited by bullit

header tank on stumps, up a hill, gravity feed it, use the pump to pump ur pool water to the header tank and letit trickle filter through to ur plants.improvise header tank with wheely bins, wine barrels in series, kids pools, etc

• Like 1

header tank on stumps, up a hill, gravity feed it, use the pump to pump ur pool water to the header tank and letit trickle filter through to ur plants.improvise header tank with wheely bins, wine barrels in series, kids pools, etc

dont have tha coin to set that up bro nor tha time ! i have spent over $500 ON water in 2 months just soo i can drink damn it i forgot bout vodka $2000 grand now haahha yeah naja i work on a fruitfarm for tha last 12 or soo years [sic of fixin and settin up irragations ] haha

the pool would b my plants best friend should i trust it naja i dont know?? do u water ya sacred garden with mains water??

perhaps try the pool water on one smaller potted plant that you have others of and see what happens.

• Like 1

I think try it on a few plants also. I lived on rain water for 14 years growing up and know your pain bro. We had a 20sec shower rule for 12mths once, and you lathered up outside the shower, the 20secs was to wash the soap off! Crazy times.

I remember pop running fairly dirty shed roof run off water and running it thru a wine barrel with carbon down the bottom. He did it a few times then we drank it. I think it was aquarium style carbon, or maybe I'm just assuming it was carbon... Anyways this story made me think u can do a similar cheap filtration system yourself with what's laying around

• Like 3

yeah, mains water is all I have access to now I don't live on acreage. They don't seem to mind one little bit. If it hasn't been clorinated for a loing time, most if not all of it should be gone, if u can't smell it it's a good start. I'd say it'd be fine, but thats a final clal that ur go9ing to have to make.

Peace

• Like 1

I use town water on a great diversity of plant species. They survive OK, but do not thrive anywhere near as well as plants that are irrigated with rainwater or other non-chlorinated/treated water sources.

• Like 2

we hav rain :worship:

• Like 5

15mls givez me week ?? put bucket everywhere to catch it lol my solanaceaces lookin happy already <> i hav spent over $500 in last 2 months for water crazy aye!

still no rain here. :(

start dancing <> gods must be crazy

Town water has never been a problem for any of my plants. Pool water that has been "Clorinated" contains Sodium as well, this is a hazard for soil structure. ie the ability of the soil to hold together, but also to be free draining. Using Clorinated pool water can result in collapsing soil, soil errosion and a reduced abilty of the soil to hold nutrients. it can be used, if you are really really desperate, but this Sodium-Chloride "salt" must be leached from the soil with another "salt" ie Gypsum (Calcium Sulphate DiHydrate) BUT! relies on good drainage and lots of water! Better to ride through the waves by employing rain water harvesting techniques such as sugested by naja naja than to get that desperate Be mindfull of Sodium if you wish to irrigate with with pool water!

Edited by MikeyMagic
  • Like 2

I only have access to town water unfortunately and my plants do pretty well i think

December 2012 was the driest December on record. Worst season for picking cubes.

41oC here today, my Yakons looked F**ked! But my cacti are loving it :)

• Like 1

we hav rain :worship:

havnt had no rain since !!!!!! lost 2 brugs i have cuttings but. lost 1 belladonna fuck fuck fuck!!! doin daily town runs now with 50 litre bottles BASTARD

happy fucken happy fucken man!!!!!!!!! my plants r dancing!!!! rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by bullit
  • Like 1

rain dance hey? in a country who's name i forget, a cats is placed into a bucket of water along with a cerimony and lo-and-behold, it rains. so, try washing a cat =P you will likley pay with a bit of blood though..