The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
sync

Question about eating slightly mouldy mushroom

I stored some cubes in honey and found out a few months later a slight mould was growing on top of the honey. Besides that there doesn't seem to be any damage to the mushroom themselves.

Are the mushrooms still potent?

Thanks in advance.

Wouldn't advise consumption in any case.

I hope these weren't fresh mushrooms...could explain the mould situation.

definitely wouldnt be touching them, that mould will be growing throughout the entire jar for sure

I've known plenty of people who couldn't give two rats shits about eating mouldy drugs, they'll even pay you for the privilege.

I'd consider mushrooms like food, eat only if edible.

The mushroom honey trick is one i've never understood why people do... so much easier to dry them up for longterm storage and accessibility.

• Like 3

"blue honey" is okay as an idea, you roughly crush freshly dried shrooms, leave in honey for a week or so, strain the chunks out and consume a small amount of honey. honey doesn't spoil easily, doesn't let in oxygen and sort of fights pathogens and psilocybean alkaloids seem soluble. it is perfectly convenient to eat a slice or 2 of toast with a mildly earthy taste and aroma when consiering how rapidly a dried shroom will oxidise, and how bad they taste, or, so i hear.

• Like 2

yeah dude. i mean, only noobs put that shit in honey, your best bet is to invest in some 00 size gel capsules which can carry about 2 grams of dried up cubensis, sotre that with a moisture evaroparater (found in burrito packets)...cuz man, honey is fucking disgusting and gross, not to mention it takes away the flavour of the mushroom, which is all part of the experience brother. i think i know who this is...