The Corroboree
PositiveHAL

schoolie on shrooms in bali punches woman in face

The guy obviously has existing mental issues. I'ts not like you dont know what your doing on Mushies, The judgment of right or wrong is still there. well for most people at least.

Sounds like they were both as drunk as skunks.

Of course its the mushrooms that made him violent o/c

I remember I had an Heated argument with a mate once (over a girl) , was all water over the bridge when myself and a few friends, including said mate decided to listen to some subswoofers.

Anyways well into the nice bass tensions started to rise, and as u know things can get quite telepathic. Within seconds the DARKEST mood arose, an it was like the bassytune was WILLING on violence, like egging it on.

Without being conscious of it we where sizing each other up, it was inevitable to us that violence was the only way, with every part Of the tune behind it. I kinda came to and was like "hey man do u really want to do this? Is this for real?" which kind of snapped him out of it as well, and he was like "fuken hell what is happening" it ended up with - I don't really want to fight, do you? No, but do you? Was really quite a dark moment- there was no fear at all, it all just seemed very natural and law of nature'esque with the subies bass pumping it out of us bringing it to a climax. I'm glad it never happened because I believe it would of been a horrific event.

I mean the new subsystem had us so pumped up, felt so powerful that I could just punch through a brikwall, my mate reported afterward he also had that sensation. We where basically prepared to tear each other apart. Non of my other friends said a thing, they said they where terrified, that there was such a dark ominous energy in the room that you could not cut with a knife.

They also noted that as quick and heavy as it was, it disappeared just as quickly when we snapped out of it, it was just so out of our control.

Funny since then all that tension has left our relationship and we r best buddies again.

Edited by incognito
  • Like 2

i couldnt even throw a punch on tha shrooms!!!

• Like 1

I've known someone who said they quite liked to take 4g doses, go to a city nightclub and fight people. Of course they never picked the fights... it's always some guy staring at his girl or something, what else is he to do?

I couldn't comprehend it from my own experiences but it seemed perfectly normal to him.

i couldnt even throw a punch on tha shrooms!!!

I'd be too busy apologising all night if the thought even came in to my head.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong I'm anything but a violent guy nor is my mate, was just a very eery occurance. I guess everything we where repressing just came to the surface nd everything became very ape-like primal very quickly.

What was surprising and we both felt this. Was the amount of absolute power in our bodies that was at our disposal. I guess when the mind takes the limits of the body as to what it thinks it can and cannot do, and everything is working in unison the body is capable of some crazy shit.

Guess the moral of the story is be mindful of set and setting, I guess I was lucky that I had a lot of experience with super chunky bass music and was able to step back for that one second and see what was going down.

Don't ever think ur the exception to the rule of bad shit happening whilst listening to a fresh pair of subwoofers.

• Like 1

Some nice subs can definitely induce some very raw and primal emotions.

I knew a guy in high school who would drop acid then run through the houses of people he didn't like, smashing anything and anyone that got in his way. He would be like 'oh that guy is a loser, imma drop LSD and do a run through on his house'

Luckily, evolution kicked in and after briefly dating my sister he killed himself a few years later.

Edited by chilli

"Paul Mergard, the Bali co-ordinator of community group Red Frogs, which helps schoolies, said magic mushrooms were one of the worst threats for revellers in Bali."

But there magic how can that be a threat! :shroomer:

Police chief I Gede Putu Dedy Ujiana said they did not arrest the boy because he was clearly suffering from the effects of the drug. He was taken instead to the Bali International Medical Clinic

WOW that is a pretty good response from the police of somewhere that lock you up for weed possession...i mean i understand the mushroom situation is different there but it still seems inconsistent.

ps. notice how the news websites never have a comments section open on contentious drug related stories? hmm

Edited by frank
  • Like 2