The Corroboree
woodferret

Too late for these light starved baby cathas?

Hello all!

These little catha babies had a rough start from seed under a single CFL. They are now getting put out in the full sun on my roof when its not raining. They wil spend cold rainy days under a larger group of cfl's than they had before. My question is, is it too late for the two that are really stretched out and leggy? Anyone have some tips or direction for this first timer? Thanks!post-12253-0-81047000-1353959438_thumb.j

post-12253-0-81047000-1353959438_thumb.jpg

post-12253-0-81047000-1353959438_thumb.jpg

Never too late man. As long as you ease them into more natural lighting, and watch for their signs (leaf curl, leaf wilt, bug attacks, browning) - and keep the soil nutrition favourable (not too sure myself on that one), then they'll survive.

In my experience they are easily able to sprout new growth from the nodes without prompting. With prompting (i.e. cutting the top node off), the plant will grow from the lower nodes. However, I would probably wait until your plants are bigger before doing that. So I don't think it's too late at all. Just be patient, and acclimatize them, and at a later date pinch off the top node to get it to bush more (once the plant has fallen over for example).

They are now getting put out in the full sun on my roof when its not raining. They wil spend cold rainy days under a larger group of cfl's than they had before.

Don't chop and change, they hate that. Put them outside and leave them there. Assuming you don't get snow.

I see, so the inside/ outside shuffle is a bad idea? I now have 4 very brite flouros to grow them under so I think I'll try that out. Thanks!

It's quite simple, and I am only just learning also (aren't we all), but indoor plants are weak plants. Do you want weak plants? Nobody wants weak plants.

Weak plants *ahem* weak plants

Leave em outdoors an use your new setup for propagation.

D00d

• Like 2