The Corroboree
whitewind

Australian Ethnobotanical Association

SOS thanks for being so helpful now it all makes sense.

^ do you even ethno at all bro?

Do I even Ethno? what is that a new Dance you kids are doing at Doofs?

• Like 9

/ not worth the warn points

Edited by self organising systems

A thought for saving costs is that i just upgraded my hosting and only use around 1/4 of my bandwidth. I can provide a few people with FTP access to store files and stuff temporarily for sharing with the rest of the interested parties.

Another thing to consider is contacting michael balderstone and co at the hemp embassy. I am sure they would be able to provide a lot of good solid information on and examples of all the relevant documentation that we would need to provide before becoming a 'legitimate assosciation'. Furthermore i think they woudl be happy to dedicate some time to helping us get this started.

I am very keen to put as much time and resources (Aside from money as that is limited) towards this as is needed.

Edited by DarkSpark

^ do you even ethno at all bro?

What the fuck is that "Bro"

You have come up with some strange shit in this thread but this takes first prize

You make a lot of assumptions about people on here when all you really know about them is what they have posted :wink:

Some of us are a little more mature and that would be not only in years but also in the way we think . We all have our own reasons to be here and we are all individuals that happen to have some common interests.

Hopefully this association can pull all of us together for a cause worth fighting for rather than a few individuals making a bit of noise that no one hears.

Cheers

Got

• Like 4

^ yeh i reserve the right to say you're a fucking idiot if you believe what you're doing will be anything but an irksome, reputation driven joke. torsten is giving you $? just be careful, i personally know of one instance where he's tracked someone down in person that he thought had done wrong by him financially. my only advice is just be wary of the things that come with forming your little plant-drug clique. ask torsten how often he has had contact with the police over the years, and how close he's been to landing in jail. do you guys want that in your life? is it in you to take it like a hero, for the benifit of people you don't even know, who may not want you acting on their behalf? if this does get anywhere the next move i would make would be to start a 'fuck the aea' lobby group, a 'fuck them in their stupid Auschwitz' (that's code for in the gas chamber) group.

I agree that this needs to be done right (and therefore that it could be done incorrectly) but I think it is possible for this association to be constructive.

Everyone else gets a lobby group, so why not us? It might make things worse, but things will get worse without our input either way. And the changes that some of us want (and if you don't want them, then be open about why that is) are not going to happen by themselves.

I understand that people might not want to be involved. Hell, I am waiting to see what happens before I consider decide what I might do. If you are going to be critical then at least be calm, reasonable and constructive. If you don't want to do that then you might consider whether or not this conversation is for you.

• Like 2

^ yeh i reserve the right to say you're a fucking idiot if you believe what you're doing will be anything but an irksome, reputation driven joke. torsten is giving you $? just be careful, i personally know of one instance where he's tracked someone down in person that he thought had done wrong by him financially. my only advice is just be wary of the things that come with forming your little plant-drug clique. ask torsten how often he has had contact with the police over the years, and how close he's been to landing in jail. do you guys want that in your life? is it in you to take it like a hero, for the benifit of people you don't even know, who may not want you acting on their behalf? if this does get anywhere the next move i would make would be to start a 'fuck the aea' lobby group, a 'fuck them in their stupid Auschwitz' (that's code for in the gas chamber) group.

I'm finding it difficult to keep track of two threads, and I'm not sure about this comment, I don't like it very much. I have worked with Torsten in the past, and we get on pretty well. You seem to have a very negative aspect of him. I haven't really seen that side of him so I'm not really sure where it comes from, but I think we should all be aware that any official organisation that is a lobby group has to be legally above board in everything that it does, especially in this area. Why Torsten's $s should be suspect sounds a bit like slander to me, besides he has provided other assistance than his small donation and he's been helpful with legal advice. You haven't offered anything apart from slightly incoherent slurs.

I don't intend on doing anyone down financially, this is a community driven group of people that we are just trying to help organise. You do realise that an association is not like a business organisation, there are financial rules (i.e. it is non-profit making, it is subject to tax-office scrutiny) and there is community voting when it comes to important decisions. Plus there is talk of local branches which would have some say in what they do. You can try to destroy it if you wish, but the whole point is to try and involve everyone in the community and give them a platform and a say in what is going on around them. You sound a bit paranoid to me, perhaps you would do well getting involved with other people. I half expect you to remove your comment, you have done that several times this thread, it seems a common pattern that you say something highly inappropriate and then have second thoughts.

Try to be positive, if you are going to provide constructive criticism about some aspect you don't like, please try and be coherent. We're trying to do this for the community and it's a lot of hard work, so criticism is welcome, I'm happy to discuss, but please try to be pleasant about other people when you do.

• Like 1

^ quote the incoherent parts for me? (my comments are in p.2, p.4 + p.5). neither you nor yeti101 go close to commenting on anything that even vaguely resembles what i've written here, nebulous references to paranoia mean nothing.

Edited by self organising systems

A thought for saving costs is that i just upgraded my hosting and only use around 1/4 of my bandwidth. I can provide a few people with FTP access to store files and stuff temporarily for sharing with the rest of the interested parties.

thanks mate, we have already begun on getting a website together and have the hosting sorted! Thanks a lot for your offer, plenty of people and been raising their hands with assistance and its fantastic.

I am very keen to put as much time and resources (Aside from money as that is limited) towards this as is needed.

Contact Stillman and Bigred, it seems they are very keen to start a QLD chapter and would be easier for you to meet with them as opposed to our Sydney group!

Thanks heaps again for your hosting offer bud!

D00d

Honestly the best thing for the time being is to get a moderator to kill this and the other thread and lock them both down, or delete them. Once your ready to fire the AEA up contact us by pm and then we can make a move Whitewind and thedood. All this forum rumblings is doing is detracting from the original plan.

Edited by Stillman
  • Like 1

Well that's another informative and telling post made by you. You actually don't have the right to call me a fucking idiot because my beliefs have nothing to do with you so I take that comment as being offensive.

Calling Torsten out for tracking down someone that has wronged him financially is another juvenile statement as I can assure you if someone shafts me financially I have and will again use any avenue to track them down and to get my money back. This is the real world.

As for the police I deal with them on a regular bases through my business and have done for about ten years but I don't talk to them about any thing other than work does that make me a untrustworthy person.

If this association becomes drug based I will be one of the first to the door as I have no interest in being a part of that sort of association.

The main reason I am part of this community is the love of plants and I especially am interested in growing ethnobotanical plants and cacti :) and I want to be able to continue to grow these plants without the government telling me I cant grow something because a few people might be consuming it.

If you don't want to be involved in this then I suggest you go and find another thread to troll.

Cheers

Got

• Like 8

Just to be clear, my donation to the association was one of the smallest of the existing ones. My contribution is mainly in the form of advice on how to set things up properly as I've had a bit of experience with associations over the years. I am already heavily involved in politics, lobbying and advocacy via industry groups, researchers and other influential individuals, and will not have much time to invest into this group, but I am certainly there to support it if the need arises.

I have not consumed or otherwise been involved with illegal drugs for many years. I don't even smoke pot. But yeah, the cops don't like me and will probably give me a hard time periodically for the rest of my life. But that is a personal thing. They hate me, not my friends or my business partner or any association I might be a member of. It's so personal they've never even hassled my partner.

But most importantly, if the communities I am involved in are so despicable and dangerous, why are you here 'SOS'?

My (un)educated & drunken guess is

This unexplained (and irrelevant) hostility towards you -Torsten & others is an adolescent coping mechanism that we go through in our mid twenties (ballpark) when we come to the realisation that our own idealistic world view is flawed.

Life has a way dealing us a handful of crap at times and when someone doesn't have the maturity to deal with it they often take it out those near to them, the father figure (Torsten) is often the prime target, especially if there has been disharmony with the paternal father and the chance for confrontation on that level is difficult. The extended family can often be targets as well as this is another convenient way to displace guilt or anxiety.

I don't see it the way others have, I just see a young man that needs to accept that the world doesn't always go the way you expected & to have a bit more tolerance for others.

Do I even Ethno? what is that a new Dance you kids are doing at Doofs?

that just made my day stillman was so down ( you understand ) thanks mate lmfao

• Like 1

your a twat reptyle, do you know the lyrics

Hi everyone, a bit of an update.

January has been extraordinarily busy for all of us so we haven't been able to focus on this, however the paperwork is in and we are now waiting on government approval of the request and the constitution, which I think should be accepted soon. Our Facebook page is being regularly updated with reviews and plant information, and our very own Darklight is very kindly offering proceeds from a mycology workshop she is organizing by herself up on the north coast. This looks pretty damn amazing so if anyone is interested I strongly recommend booking soon and saving up. Darklight is a fantastic scientist and a lovely genuine person so I guarantee that this will be worth doing, and hopefully be continued into the future.

Any questions, pm me

• Like 4