The Corroboree
soulsvr

General question

Guys

I use to have a great LW collection. I had over 500 plants. About 6 years ago someone stole all my good plants. Since then I have just stayed away from my cacti collecting.

LAtely I have been missing them. Alot. I am older than most of you guys. I have really been thinking about starting over on my cacti collection. I have found a dealer that will sell me many 1cm plants. do you guys think they will be of any size in the next 10-15 years. I hate having all small plants but buying anything of any size is pretty expensive.

Please give me your thoughts.

in the right environment depending on what sp they should be pretty big I would think. Why not learn how to graft? With grafting they will be big in 2 years.

• Like 2

I agree, become a graftingmaster!

and buy some k-9's ;)

I have done some grafting before, Like I said I really hada nice cacti collection.

I guess I am just looking for someone to tell me yes go for it. it doesnt matter to me grafted or root grown. I am getting a little impatient with my cacti.

I have a few that I have started in the trich area. Been working on a cabinet with MH lighting. Just wanting a little push

Do it buddy we need more like minded people around

Yeah man, for sure go for it. I'm sure you knew better than anyone, that there's no "final goal" when growing plants. Just because your plants might not have had as long to grow as they would, does not make it not worth growing them. Growing is about much more than having gigantic plants, but rather more about the actual growing of the plants itself. SO GROW!!!

• Like 2