The Corroboree
Vine Voice

What we can do for Greg?

Hi everyone,

I've started this thread as a way to organise any ideas and thoughts about how to assist Greg in his hunger strike. I know Greg can take money donations through Paypal, or cash in person. There are also other ways to help support him, and this thread is for talking about that. I am also interested in any ideas that people have about why they don't want to support him, and talking about that. Greg'll write stuff here as well, so he can let us know what he needs and how people can show their support.

Edited by Vine Voice
  • Like 1

Greg's protest has become all the more important in light of recent events. The governments are in many ways becoming ever more restrictive (fascist) in their ideals and behaviour, they act with an apparent immunity which is so hard to fight against. Greg has found a chink in the armour of the victorian government, a chink which could open wide the defenses of all the state governments. Our federal government is behaving in an undemocratic, fascist manner and we need all the tools we have to fight back until we reach a state of much greater enlightenment, where plants and spirituality are freely available to all.

• Like 1

What about organising a series of rallies around Greg's lone protest, leading up to Christmas? Combine them with rallies against the federal governments new plans to make so many plants illegal. Greg would benefit from much larger exposure, others unwilling to directly support Greg would have a fascinating focal point for those willing to explore spirituality in a deeper way. I can see a win-win here, and other protests could be organised in sync with this in our local cities and towns. I can't make it to melbourne, and I'm sure there are many others who would like to support him can't either.

• Like 1

Nudity will ensure greater attention from Joe Public. Get your gear off, Greg !

If only there were a thousands Gregs then the issues wouldn't be as eazy to ignore.

I wish there was something i could do to support him.

Probably best to keep you clothes on bro

How long does he intend to Hunger Strike for?

edit just reread the other thread 21st of December. Holy shit that is a courageous Goal.

Edited by Stillman

i'll probably be moving through town tomorrow, if you need something let me know, i have access to the powerpoints to charge stuff (at the uni) if you want too,

I've got to admire his dedication to this.

Most of us just write our thoughts here which won't amount to anything but Greg is really putting himself on the line for this cause, for all of us.

I can't see him getting much mainstream media attention though. Maybe be people should be plastering it all over their social media pages and university notice boards ect to help get the message out.

He's protesting about an issue that most people just don't know about, he needs exposure.

Good on you Greg

Edited by SallyD

Wow, awesome responses in such a short time already! Yeah I agree with everything everyone said, except the guys who don't know who Greg is! Whitewind, great point. Greg's position is becoming more significant in light of other events. It seems like the issues of legalisation and other similar topics are really buzzing worldwide at the moment; good time to be bringing it up. Great idea about the protest, I think it would be so great if we could do that. We should all march together, why not? The government seems to ignore Greg, but it would be more visible if there was a group march. I would think we could march around the parliament steps or something, Greg could make a speech or something, if he likes the idea.