The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
waterboy 2.0

'tis the season

Yeah but they are the tas alkaloid modified strain with extra thebaine. yummm!

• Like 1

lol... thats as good a perimeter as most of em..... and more than likely Obtuse, not much morph varieties in production now due to the world surplus from the good old days.

Id cut my neighbors lawn. if they were my neighbor

• Like 1

Lyell highway coming out of Hamilton heading towards Ouse?

i can just see my self doing the sound of music

• Like 3

That's the Thebaine strain? They're the same colour flowers that the old bloke down the road grows. Last time I spoke with him he said he'd never had any trouble with them.

They look the same YM - they could be ...they could be not....

Its the alkaloid profile thats different, not the appearance.

Edited by waterboy

• Like 2

If its gonna deteriorate into a youtube fest Ima put this up love this song

• Like 3

They look the same YM - they could be ...they could be not....

Its the alkaloid profile thats different, not the appearance.

Oohhhhhh. I didn't know that. That makes sense. Fuck, the old bloke better be careful. Although I doubt his seed source would be that negligent. Anyway, that's a lovely photo, waterboy, when you say morph surplus you mean a genuine stockpile somewhere? And can't they produce morph from thebaine?

Global stockpile yes, legal grown crops are controlled by the International Narcotic Control Board (INCB), this body controls the areas in production based on global supply and demand.

Conversions of alkaloids are also controlled by this body, and my rudimentary understanding is that thebaine varieties produce it from extraction AND allows for the given amount to be legally converted. ie you can only convert a given % of the crop under international laws.

Thebaine is also more valuable than morphine for the licit pharma market. ( yes they can YM but codeine, hydrocodone etc also worth more...why downgrade). The chemists out there may have a better handle, but they make a lot of shit out of these, depends on which intermediate they get the best cost effective starting base from to cook up some evil opiate.

Edit - Aus is a signatory to the SIngle Convention on Narcotic Drugs (1960's ish) - thats why why comply with the INCB regulations

Edited by waterboy

Ah ok, is morph still widely used? Sounds like the other opioids get preferred over morph.

A southern Tasmanian teenager has died after drinking a lethal brew made from poppy heads.

The 17-year-old was found dead at his home on Sunday evening.

Inspector John Arnold says the young man died after brewing a batch of stolen poppy heads into a tea.

"If you consume those opioids in that unregulated way, the consequences can be obviously lethal," he said.

Inspector Arnold says poppy-related deaths are unusual.

"A 50-year-old northern Tasmanian man died in similar circumstances in February last year," he said.

"Prior to that, the previous death associated with poppy ingestion was back in 2004."

With the poppy harvest approaching, Inspector Arnold warns it is a serious offence to steal and possess poppy heads.

The coroner will investigate the death.

Tasmania's lucrative poppy crop is worth about $100 million.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-11-28/teen-dies-from-drinking-poppy-tea/4397570

^ this is very sad, and even sadder is it is a story that has really slipped under the radar locally.

Important to state that the theft of a commercial crop, of which one does not know the strength, or alkaloid profile and creating a poppy tea brew which just compounds the issue can lead to you, or possibly someone you love going to sleep, and sleeping forever.

RIP young fella.....too young...again truly saddening

WB

http://www.themercury.com.au/article/2012/11/29/367196_most-popular-stories.html

Edited by waterboy