The Corroboree
Bigred

how many weet bix do you do

i have 4 soggy weetbix for breakfast with some blueberries

I dont eat cereal but my son has a strange way of eatting his. He has cereal in a bowl, milk in a cup. Most people mix the two in the bowl but he will have a mouthful of cereal and then take a drink from the cup of milk. Strange kid but i love him

• Like 11

i have 4 soggy weetbix for breakfast

What was the name of that biscuit game? :scratchhead: lol.

2 is a comfortable amount . Not bad with butter and jam , but super crumbly.

What is the difference between weetbix and vitabix.?

I use to think they were called weet BRICKS.

:)

• Like 2

What is the difference between weetbix and vitabix.?

Well, I think weetbix is more processed than vitabix. Also weetbix has more added vitamins, I also think weetbix has slightly more sugar, where as vitabix has more sodium. Another difference is vitabix has more calories per serve, but each biscuit in weetbix is identical in weight so two biscuits is exactly one serve, where as each biscuit in vitabix is slightly different in weight so you can’t easily know if your getting exactly a one serve unless you actually weigh them.

I eat 4 weetbix every morning, using protein powder and 2 raw eggs instead of milk. Sometimes I’ll eat just that 3 times a day for a few weeks as I diet. It’s a really good way to quickly gain a lean body mass, after a few weeks of toking and stuffing my face with junk food. Also really helps to build up some decent muscle, if I get off my lazy arse and do some exercise.

• Like 1

i have 4 soggy weetbix for breakfast with some blueberries

Woah dude, don't you know?

Never eat soggy weetbix!

• Like 1

you know weetbix has iron filings in it don't you? as does a lot of breakfast cereal.

• Like 2

Woah dude, don't you know?

Never eat soggy weetbix!

lol thats how i got taught about north east south west

Edited by bigred82

3 with a light manuka honey glaze and just enough milk (but not too much).

yum.

you know weetbix has iron filings in it don't you? as does a lot of breakfast cereal.

Well, I’m very curious to here your theory as to why this would be an issue?

I was under the impression it was a good thing breakfast cereals had iron added, since I’m a vegetarian and thought I needed to ensure that I’m getting enough iron from other sources.

2 weetbix, oat bran and honey.

I wonder if Brett Lee really eats 16 weetbix, seams like a marketing scam to finish the box and replace it quicker...

I dont eat cereal but my son has a strange way of eatting his. He has cereal in a bowl, milk in a cup. Most people mix the two in the bowl but he will have a mouthful of cereal and then take a drink from the cup of milk. Strange kid but i love him

Now thats actually really clever, i hate soggy cereal, doing it this way he gets full crunch with every bite.

• Like 3

it's not as readily absorbed as elemental iron in plants etc. and besides, i don't want to eat iron filings. but hey if your fine with eating small shards of metal every morning be my guest.

if your fine with eating small shards of metal every morning be my guest.

^ compliments the mercury in my amalgam fillings. lol.

I actually eat oats and bran for breaky. Not cooked oats...too gluggy, just plain old oats and milk. ( or eggs, or toast....or chocolate...or left over pizza etc.. etc..)

:)

• Like 1

Either bacon, leftover tacos or chicken snags on bread rolls with cheese & saurkraut, manybe even a homemade pizza for breakfast here. The notion of so called 'breakfast foods' for breakfast is a social brainwashing. Pack it on in the morning, work it off through the day, have your weetbix for dinner !

• Like 1

truth be told i don't really eat breakfast, most i can handle is a few bits of toast at most, i'll start eating trail mix or something in the afternoon if i get hungry

None. Too many carbs.

I have 1 weetbix - drop of milk and about 10 grains of sugar - my weetbix must be hard not soggy. My 13 year old who is near 6ft tall has 6 in his first bowl and 4 in the second bowl. Gawd i would pop

Either bacon, leftover tacos or chicken snags on bread rolls with cheese & saurkraut, manybe even a homemade pizza for breakfast here. The notion of so called 'breakfast foods' for breakfast is a social brainwashing.

“The notion of so called” flesh as food “is social brainwashing”.

lol, wtf that pig ever do to you? It’s nothing short of a disgrace how their raised so fat greedy westerners can feed of their flesh like wild animals.

got to admit i was raised on weetbix is there a alternative to weet bix that does not have iron fillings in it

Edited by bigred82

not to my knowledge, vita brits is the same afaik,

I wouldn’t worry about it too much bigred, qualia is just being are party pooper. Weetbix are a unique aussie staple food. lol, eating weetbix straight from the box spread with vegemite is nothing less than patriotic.

EDIT: btw, you can buy organic weetbix, pretty sure that doesn't have the added iron.

Edited by jabez

Jabez, If it makes you feel any better, for the next week I'll hold off eating bacon until lunchtime.

Edited by Psylo
  • Like 1

I've got a box of organic weetbix in the pantry, it doesn't list iron as one of the ingredients.

I haven't had weetbix for over six years, when I found out I was gluten intolerant.

I've cured myself of that scourge now so I can eat weetbix again. After six years the first taste of Vegemite on toast was pure bliss.

• Like 1

It's been more than 10 years since I dropped cereal stone cold.

Processed foods suck for breakfast. Makes you feel like shit, hungry tired and farty.

A cooked brekky is the only way to maintain one's Alpha-male stamina. That and a piece of fruit.

• Like 1

Well, I think weetbix is more processed than vitabix. Also weetbix has more added vitamins, I also think weetbix has slightly more sugar, where as vitabix has more sodium. Another difference is vitabix has more calories per serve, but each biscuit in weetbix is identical in weight so two biscuits is exactly one serve, where as each biscuit in vitabix is slightly different in weight so you can’t easily know if your getting exactly a one serve unless you actually weigh them.

Man... you know too much about weetbix.