The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Rabelais

Trying to remember a TV show - 80's

I will be seriously impressed and grateful if someone can help me out here.

It would have been in the mid to late 80's. I think it was a 5 minute short to fill the gap between other programs, stop-go animations of mainly kitchen and household items coming to life and getting up to hi-jinx in cupboards and sinks etc. It was silent and had a very surreal feel to it...when I think back to it now, I think of it being western European or Scandinavian in feel...but this could be completely subjective. Pretty sure it was on channel 9 or ABC.

I hope someone can remember this and help me with a title, or suggest a message board out there where someone might be able to help. I was thinking IMDB but it mainly seems to be filled with trolling teens.

first thing I thought of was teeny little super guy but after watching it I don't think thats right = (

Yeah, I can't imagine it being American...it was very arty and surreal..almost creepy, that's what makes me think it was European. I was so mesmerised by it as a kid...just so different and unique. It was definitely for kids though, I remeber it being on when I came home from school.

I remember this was this on the Afternoon show with James Valentine?

you know what I love to this day, that duck animations with teh cool theme song it was french, and also the line that is the little dude who is always raging out and the animator always ends up with his hand in the screen messing him up like erasing the you guys remember those?

These were the really old ones but they made new ones in the 70s and 80s I am sure.

Edited by Stillman
  • Like 2

Rabelais, I wonder if youre referring to a Jan Svankmajer short film called "Dimensions of Dialogue" ?

I remember ABC had heaps of cool fillers. Like the sped up city and landscape scenes.

but i remember la linea fondly, and so glad to see it.

certainly a different contrast to the rubbish that now fills spaces, i.e. adds and other stuff.

The nightshade garden is growing on me though, lol.

Cheers, Ob.

:( These types of post make me sad though because i know Wandjina would be able to answer this one. we spent quite a while chatting about 70's and 80's kids tv. In fact i think she started a thread either here or on AE about it. miss you Wan.

Edited by obtuse

I don't this is the one you are talking about Rab but anyway

The same people make one with utensils and kitchen stuff instead the fruit too, but I think you're searching for something else.

• Like 1

Stillman, thanks so much for posting La Linea!

Been looking for that one for a while now :)

I seem to remember something about an egg beater

Yessss! I remember the egg beater!...there were also spoons, glasses, string. Damn I wish I could remember, I searched for about an hour last night after making this thread, but still no luck.

Rabelais, I wonder if youre referring to a Jan Svankmajer short film called "Dimensions of Dialogue" ?

That's not it but I had a look and that is seriously cool, thanks!

Thanks for the examples of animation, everyone, love it...especially the origami duck. Kids televsion was so much more interesting back then.

and what about eat carpet and liquid tv

• Like 1

do you fellas remember Secret Valley

There was one episode of Secret Valley that haunted me for years. There was some guys who had a disease (I'm assuming diabetes in hindsight) and he wasn't allowed to drink coke. Anyway, he snuck a coke and drank it behind a shed and then fell unconcious. I don't know exactly why, but the concept of that freaked me the fuck out.

Cities of gold OMG!

Magical memories of this show. :)

• Like 3

the good old days when tv and games had a plot i miss a country practice so much depth and old school home and away like when

bobby got hit by the spped boat and the old 286 with leisure suit Larry, commanda keen , dos xtree i miss those days

Voltron and BAttle of the Planets (or G force) now those were some sick cartoons.

I still have all my voltron toys from the 80's, there so awsome and well built. the voltron toys these days are dodgy as

• Like 1