The Corroboree
Ethos

Current poll, should Australia follow Colorado and Washington and legalise Cannabis

59 YES

41 NO

Meanwhile the Christians are rallying their troops..

• Like 1

Haha yeah exactly. It's Sunday, so the people voting No are mostly at church lol

63%!

• Like 1

Meanwhile the Christians are rallying their troops..

Or as they call it: "Church".

(Just piggybacking chilli's joke)

isn't being on internets during church time kind of blasphemous?

isn't being on internets during church time kind of blasphemous?

exactly, that's what i was speculating as the reason the votes have gone so far in the favour of rationality today

• Like 1

67% yes with just over 32,000 votes

Edited by Ethos

something tells me there's more than just australians "voting" here,

I mean seriously who in this day and age still has negative stigmatic view in their heads from years of brainwashing propaganda, if they do and they still see it as a harmful gateway drug knocking on the doors of our communities ready to corrupt our youth and turn their brains to mush, well I guess there are a lot more ignorant Australians then what I thought.

I think that would be to a large extent Baby Boomers

You've got to understand where they are coming from to understand their belief system. Many from that generation have lived their entire lives as good corporate citizens and their belief systems (that you touched on ie brainwashing & propaganda) are deeply instilled and unwaivering.

In many respects that ideology is reinforced by their material success, there has never been any need or desire to think on a different plane because their ideology has netted them everything they desire -two houses, two cars and now that many have re-paid the bank, to them the system just works.

Anything that doesn't fit in with this materialistic paradigm to them just seems wrong, for them it has worked well and they expect the successive generations to blindly follow their lead and play the game of whoever dies with the most shit wins. The game is expected to played by rules that have dictated largely by corporate moguls such as Dupont General Electric and the like.

If you were to put yourself in their shoes, growing up post WW2 with the arse hanging out their pants and then watch the western world transform into a prosperous utopia (in comparison to the poverty they were born into) then you could start to appreciate their belief in the system, a system for them has worked very well.

Given all what I've touched on, anything that doesn't fit into that paradigm (living your life with the primary motivation of material gain) just doesn't resonate with their belief system. Let's face it, from that perspective a teenager spending his days and or nights perusing anything other than material gain is just not right and seeing and hearing about people fucked up on drugs (some of them make no distinction between heroin, marijuana or speed) just reinforces that belief system. The sensationalist current affairs type programs that they love serve to reinforce this as well.

I'd go out a limb and suggest that about half of them couldn't give a shit either way, but the ones that do think MJ is wrong are very motivated to prevent it becoming legal because they think we will end up like some of the third world countries where MJ is part of the culture. They won't look outside their materialistic belief systems and appreciate the economic factors that have kept those countries in dark ages ages ie the world bank and big corporations.

So they will forgive you if you get pissed at the Christmas party and pretend to fuck the dog in front of the kids, just don't get stoned and sit in the corner.

Edited by SallyD
  • Like 4

It's the variety that would be most appreciative, instead of the same old strain year after year. Oh thhe good old days, where you had a choice of thai buddha, mullimbimby madness, tasty bush sinsemilla and others. Now its just 'generic strain' in the limited network that some people exist in.

With a little time and effort anyone can have a far broader variety than they could of ever had in “the good old days”. The Internet is overloaded with as many technics as you can imagine and there are heaps of seed banks in England that deliver all over the world, with exceptional stealth.

“That’s just in theory obviously, I’m just going by what I read on the Internet”. Not like you can break the law, even if it is a completely illogical & feeble law.

Of course, if you are worried about breaking the law, then you could always just go buy some incense. Don’t worry if you end up on the floor, convinced you’re about to die before your 30th birthday from a fucking heart attack, well you are simultaneously completely freaking out about the absolute meaningless of your very own existence! At least you won’t be breaking the law.

• Like 1

SallyD, what wonderful write-up. hit the nail well and truely on the head. nice =)

Agreed. A well written point of view, there Sally.

Jabez, many people have neither the circumstances or the desire to grow marijuana. It's one thing to keep obscure illegal entheos because most police, neighbours, friend have no idea, but just about everyone can recognise a ganja plant !

• Like 2

Yeah psylo, trust me brother I’m only too aware of the obvious stress & obstacles involved in obtaining your own connoisseur strains. As a matter of a fact I think I clearly pointed it out in my post. Stuffed if I’d put myself though that kind of stress. lol, apparently some people are even travelling down the silk road, to obtain something special to smoke from the US. Now that seems a little extreme to me for a week or two worth of bud.

Anyway, my point was don’t worry about the “good old days”, right now are the “good old days”. In fact, everyday your feet are above the soil is a good old day, or so a wise man once told me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Btw, the poll is closed. 70% for and 30% against with 35509 votes counted. Would probably have to be one of there most popular polls.

Peace

• Like 1

70-30 now

Not that it really means that much politicians just don't care what the majority thinks these days. They know what's best for us and they don't care what you or I think about that

this is a topic i truley believe if any one is a ACTIVIST and wants to see medical cannabis legal to help ease the pain of loved ones pm me

will be organizing a rally for medical cannabis reform in Australia

• Like 1