I'm pretty sure this one is e.seminudus:

YAWgth.jpg

BYF5vh.jpg

And i'm not sure about this one:

4ti4Ih.jpg

m4xsuh.jpg

Thanks in advance

21 answers to this question

yeah e.seminudus, and maybe pachanoi x scopulicola, or just T. pachanoi??? looks like pach with maybe something else in there?

• Like 1

Looks like it's got a bit of "scop pop" so I think it's a scop cross too. :)

• Like 1

Hmm looks just like a pure scop to me

• Like 2

The spines are to pronounced for a scop imo I would say a scop x as well.

Cheers

Got

• Like 1

I always thought scops when young had fairly large spines

• Like 2

Scop X

Seen quite a few "bunnings finds" lately that look like scop x pach

Yeah just a plain old scop IMO, juvenilles often exhibit different to traits to there adult form, think of young lophs with spines.

I'm sure with age it will lose its spikieness. Time will tell.

I still wonder where hamilton gets their seed...

Nice score BTW

• Like 3

Don't think those are Hamilton plants though, never seen a scoop for sale there. Collectors corner on the other hand shipp both those plants to some Bunnings stores, in black plastic pots too ;)

Collectors Corner are the Scop kings their own seed from what I here.

Well spotted, I was thinking that after I posted, it should be in a blue pot with a dorky tag if it was hamiltons. I've seen cactus corner move a few of these on ebay aswell sold as scop.

a couple years back these type of posts were quite prevelant but from memory they were hamiltons scop's.

Their own seed huh?, things just keep getting more interesting...

Edited by shruman

Thats what I was told. I have never seen Australian Scop seeds available anywhere in the world that I could find online anyway?

the blue pots from hamiltons, are the packaging for master hardware chain, as requested by them...bunnings have black pots i think from hamiltons.

EDIT: BUnnings also order through(and at my local store prefer) Paradisia Cacti as well

Edited by 2Deep2Handle
  • Like 1

Least up here the Hamilton pots are greenish blue in colour, blue for Masters.

Edited by Snowfella

Yeah most bunnings hamiltons I have seen are that blue/green aquamarine? colour. Like these:

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=22446&st=0&p=232658&hl=+bunnings%20+hamiltons&fromsearch=1entry232658

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21492&hl=%2Bbunnings+%2Bhamiltons&fromsearch=1

or you can see a hint in snowfellas avie.

Is this what you call blue for hamiltons/masters?, cause I would call that grey: http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32725&hl=hamiltons&fromsearch=1

Yup, that's the ones. Think that photo is alittle washed out though as Masters wanted a blue to match their logo. Been a while since I went to masters now as last time I was there the cacti was overrun by mealies.

the blue pots from hamiltons, are the packaging for master hardware chain, as requested by them...bunnings have black pots i think from hamiltons.

EDIT: BUnnings also order through(and at my local store prefer) Paradisia Cacti as well

Paradisia was the tag on the Peru I found at my local bunning's at the weekend.

Cheers

if i were you i'd repot them straight away. god knows what bunnings has one to that soil but if you leave them you're just as likely to find them dead in 3 weeks time.

• Like 1

Bunnings has nothing to do with what they are planted in as they don't repot anything. Whatever you buy with a Hamiltons or Collectors corner label is most likely to be in whatever the 2 nurseries potted them into.

What Bunnings, Masters and other places do though is water their stock to within an inch of their lives!

Edit: I've got plants bought from Hamiltons still in the original pot and soil that still are doing fine well over a year later, trick is to be careful and let the pots dry fully before watering again. Hamilton soil seem to retain alot more water than really is good, but with the heat in their polytunnels the pots still dry quick enough.

Edited by Snowfella

if i were you i'd repot them straight away. god knows what bunnings has one to that soil but if you leave them you're just as likely to find them dead in 3 weeks time.

already have haha, i saw that advice in another thread

Paradisia & Collectors Corner are the same company.

• Like 1