The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
waterboy 2.0

WTB/WTT - Sceletium emarcidium

Hi folks

looking for a small cutting of Sceletium emarcidium if anyone has one spare?

WB

I think I may have a different Sceletium sp that may be emarcidium? Just waiting for a flower to confirm ID.

Got these from a seed company in the US as Delosperma cooperi but pretty sure Sceletium species of sorts?

When it flowers I'll try and ID but I will start some plants off for you if your interested?

DSCF2005-14.jpg

• Like 1

That looks like a delo to me Stillman - but no expert, I did find the seed I got from the US showed a couple of phentotypes.

I am still keen though :wink:

yea, that look like your delos variety, hey WB.

Looks like the "glossy" phentotype I got , I had the seed throw about 4 distinct looking types. I found this with the coops and the boss'es. I think I sent you a glossy boss Psylo?

no you never sent me a boss ! Been wanting one for ages, I thougt no-one here had them.

edit: you sent me some coop

Edited by Psylo Dread

I think I sent you a glossy boss Psylo?

Nah, that was me...psylo is not deserving, he has an odour...lol

I got a couple of boss cuttings from "tonic" (white flower, vertical growth)..

I'll send one in ur direction WB.. :wink:

I'm waiting for the ones u sent me...same as stillman's above...to flower, to get a positive ID.

It does look very suspect for some type of sceletium... :scratchhead:

EDIT: actually out of the 4 I got from u, there was 2 types. 1 like above & another that was more clumping & compact like (same leaf type).

Edited by space cadet 101

I actually bought it as seed as Deleosperma cooperi so I imagine it will have a pink purple flower. Just didn't seem very delosperma to me the leaf structure seemed all wrong? I need to do some googling lol. So have you got this one? The frigging thing won't flower lol.

Anyone keen on a piece of this just pm me as I am starting off some cuttings have about a square metre of it growing lol.

• Like 1

Possibly have the same one Stillman, seed wasn't from WSS by any chance?

• Like 1

yeah it was. What colour flower does it have?

lol....2 years on still awaiting a flower even under full neglect. Grows like a beast - I thought my climate was holding it back.

purple is the colour found a little half dead flower today when I went to hack some of it up, didn't bother to take a photo it was mostly finished. Do you find this plant "soft" as in fragile th estems seemed to bend and bruise if I was a bit rough? weird. Anyway took a heap of cuttings will have them on offer to all and sundry in a month or so if all works out.

Its more fragile that fleshy type, but not as much as scelly (which I knock bits off all the time) . Cuttings take very easily I found, better with a bit of neglect.

Might have to move out into the sun, and give a bit of love to push em to flower this summer.

After what, a year - mine haven't shown flowers either, despite growing quite well. Just sits there as a limp mass of non-descript surface covering

• Like 1

yeah mine have grown fairly quick but they didn't like the dry winds we have had. I checked over the entire 6 pots of plants and that was the only bud. I guess it might go mad after summer into Autumn but I am not holding my breath.

so every single one of my 30+ sceletium plants have been severly damaged by hail. They appeared to be fine after the storm last week, but noticing them today, the impact of the stones has had a negative effect, and the are all disintegrating. Fuck that, I hope they recover.