The Corroboree
Bigred

Meet up: Brisbane

Saturday 3rd Feb! Locked in...no more humming, umming or arghhing.   See ya there.

Doubt I will bring much with me as current weather conditions makes propagation too much work.  If anyone is after anything I have or can acquire, pm me and I will happily bring it along.

Hey! I am pretty shy when meeting new people and pretty damn socially awkward in new situations :) What are these meets like? Postage is way too expensive these days and i have a few plants that need new homes :)

Are you all friendly (i may or may not be :blink:)?

I am trying to improve on my "avoid new situations" issue and i would love to meet some plant people :) and yes i have a giant piper auritum that needs to go somewhere!

23 hours ago, miss-meander88 said:

Hey! I am pretty shy when meeting new people and pretty damn socially awkward in new situations :) What are these meets like? Postage is way too expensive these days and i have a few plants that need new homes :)

Are you all friendly (i may or may not be :blink:)?

I am trying to improve on my "avoid new situations" issue and i would love to meet some plant people :) and yes i have a giant piper auritum that needs to go somewhere!

We are super friendly :)

Meets are great usually some interesting conversation with like minded people, food to eat and plants for trade. I haven't been to a meet in a while so im looking forward to meeting some new peeps at the meet.

I will bring some food to eat and some cacti to give away or trade

Edited by sharxx101
  • Like 1

I'm keen too, been awhile since I've been to a Bris meet

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 7:23 PM, Infinity said:

Hello Rebeka,

I think your proposal has merit and personally I'd love to see it get off the ground.

What are the next steps from here and how do we get involved?

Just had a message exchange with someone I don't know in Facebook.  We got as far as ....11am Sunday 28th January 2018, Mt Coo-tha lookout, (catch the 471 bus from Adelaide Street if you need), lets talk face to face about starting a Brisbane Chapter of the Australian Psychedelic Society...  before I opened up this thread, (since I am nothing if not foolhardy), . . . and I think we should just go ahead with Sunday 28th talking AND the February 3rd more usual community meet, with plant exchange potential, BBQ, etc.

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:28 PM, sharxx101 said:

How about Sat 3rd of Feb @Mt Cootha?

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:49 AM, Cumbrella said:

Saturday 3rd Feb! Locked in...no more humming, umming or arghhing.   See ya there.

Doubt I will bring much with me as current weather conditions makes propagation too much work.  If anyone is after anything I have or can acquire, pm me and I will happily bring it along.

This is my thinking for now:

• It is good to move now with respect to the recent inauguration down in Melbourne, and assert a Brisbane chapter;
  • distinctly, it is also good to be a community behaving like a community who get together socially with or without a formal society;
  • Mt Coo-tha seems like the usual location, Silky Oak picnic site (I think is the one after Slaughter Falls, and before Simpson Falls), and is cool;
  • Whereas my thoughts of the look out at the top Sunday morning, started with memories of the way integration commences might often enough meet with others similarly minded at Mt Coo-tha lookout at dawn, but since the first bus doesn't arrive until 11am, then that's when...and bring a thermos since we don't need to use the café;
  • APS folks in FB reckon to try DMT Nexus website to spread the word as well, and I will do.

It will be nice to meet other folks here in Brisbane who attend EGA events.

I attended EGA first in 2011, and gave a workshop about my prescribing of homeopathic remedies for indigenous heroin addicts. That lead me into my first Ayahuasca experience, (that cured my longish term mild PTSD symptoms etc, etc), ...and already having an indigenous medicine man's gift of Pituri from himself, took me quite far, since I eventually got around to chewing the Pituri as well thereafter.  And in 2017, an Israeli man hanging out with Rick Doblin gave me a card with his contact details as the owner of a medical marijuana license for Australia, asking me to provide his contact details to indigenous growers I know.  Which I have done.  (And oddities are occurring all around.)  I am kind of keen to see a Brisbane Chapter of APS made formal, but also mindful that an existing community flow need motivate this process. 

This is a cut and paste of the part of the APS Constitution related to Chapters, and it ought be noted that there is no need to incorporate, and neither is it stated whether all group members need be an APS member, (although we need assume one or two at least will):

7 Affiliation of Chapters  (1) The Association may endorse the affiliation of a Chapter.

(2) A group of individuals may apply for endorsement as an affiliated Chapter, if not less than three quarters of its members voting at a general meeting vote in favour of becoming affiliated with the Association.

(3) An affiliated Chapter may be established as an unincorporated body which must be consistent with the aims and purposes of the Association.

Be mindful of the APS aims including that of "representing the psychedelic community", and since representational roles can become fraught with political mindedness, there are a number of good reasons why not everybody will likely need be interested in being too involved in the process, and also why everybody might want to know about the process...I don't like politics myself, and am proceeding with all due caution therefore.  I mean I don't seriously think just a few interested folk from Brisbane can join APS as members, and then claim to represent the community in Brisbane.  The role of an affiliated Chapter need reflect reality somehow.

This URL is the Constitution which APS inaugurated with.  Do note that membership is not by proxy, so potentially every member of a Brisbane Chapter will need to join APS. http://www.psychedelicsociety.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Constitution_APS.pdf

Edited by curaezipirid
addition

Well that didn't work.  I don't think anybody at all turned up today, unless anyone who read in this thread did.  Via Facebook, one person messaged me, but was going to find it hard to get there, another person messaged me and wanted to come along but is stuck at Sunnie coast with no car, and I had a nasty junkie acquaintance from youth turn up on my doorstep wanting to know what's up, managed to escape, but missed a few buses, and then the world went weird awhile and a long time coming integration process became more manifest.:wacko::blink::blush::oB)

Meet is on this sat at Mt Cootha 12pm. Bring a plant for trade or a freebie for a newbie.

Anyone who doesnt know the meeting spot can PM me.

Hope to see u there

Please post here if you are coming.

Thanks

• Like 1

Is it still on? I dont want to drive all that way to see it cancelled from rain

Yeah its still on i will be there around 12;30pm

Leaving now cya's soon

just woke up, probs not going to make it.  sorry for the stuff around.

Great turn out today even know it was raining :). It was awesome meeting some more SAB members. Thanks to everyone who came along. We will have to do it again soon.

:wub:

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

Next meet is on Sat March 17th come along and celebrate Autumn with the crew.

Bring a plant for trade or a freebie for a newbie.

Hope to see you there 

14 hours ago, sharxx101 said:

Hi everyone,

Next meet is on Sat March 17th come along and celebrate Autumn with the crew.

Bring a plant for trade or a freebie for a newbie.

Hope to see you there 

It's good to see you encouraging meets there like you use to do here as a Melbournite Sharx.

We had a meet yesterday, and we used the 'community picnic rug' ( donated by Sharxx many years ago) lol. 

I hope to see you at a Melbourne meet one day soon mate.

• Like 1

How many from here will be at Earth Frequency?

9 hours ago, Amazonian said:

It's good to see you encouraging meets there like you use to do here as a Melbournite Sharx.

We had a meet yesterday, and we used the 'community picnic rug' ( donated by Sharxx many years ago) lol. 

I hope to see you at a Melbourne meet one day soon mate.

Thanks Amz. I miss the crew from the Melbourne meets, we had some amazing times. When i am down we will have to catch up :wub:

• Like 1

Anyone interested in coming to a meet on the 17th of March?

• Like 1

Sweet meet is on for the 17th pf March. Hope to see you all there

Meet is on this weekend. Red and I will be there.

Bring a plant for trade or a freebie for a newbie