The Corroboree
Bigred

Meet up: Brisbane

Very pleasant afternoon I say. Good show.

• Like 2

Nimbim This weekend i will be t grnnys farm my mobile is 0449604015 ($2 sim for temp number so will not be connected for long

but will be on ll weekend) So as every ones attorney I advise everyone to meet there

Hey Brisbane crew,
I'm in the area for a few weeks, though it might be nice to head out to Mt Coot-tha, anyone care to show me around?

Some time this week, maybe friday or saturday arvo,

tumblr_nckdabotdB1rzotx3o7_250.gif

Orright, so another lazy Sunday plant-nerd-fest anyone? Thinking maybe Sunday March 22nd

• Like 1

I'm down for a working bee that weekend but i might be able to slip back into town to catch up with you mob.

• Like 1

22nd is doable. So is BigRed if he ever shows up!

Hey guys was it a Cassava I scored at last meet?

• Like 1

I'll be around for the 22nd, I'm in the Brisbane area now officially.

So is it a laid back swap or a working bee of some sort??

• Like 1

Haha my joint if its a working bee!

• Like 1

Yeah nothink it was cassava we all got bits of from shortly, unless you were thinking of something else. Mine all rotted before rooting unfortunately...I suck at propagating things by cutting :(

Endorfinder, good to hear you're in the Brizzle! It's usually a very laid back affair. Don't even know if I'd call it a swap meet, it's usually more of a plant potluck if I had to describe it haha. Although obviously trades and stuff are cool too and happen, but I don't think anyone's keeping score. More of a plant-sharing and shit-talking extravaganza.

Edited by gtarman
  • Like 1

And cool, 22nd it is then!

donkey%252520waffles_thumb.jpg?imgmax=80

(I'm not really making waffles)

so gtarman i should bring a plant or two, other than that we just shoot the shit? sounds so tame compared to meetups i'm used to ! ;)

doublebenno, I've just moved into a new place that requires a lot of jungle clearing so I'm calling dibs :)

are you aware of the brisbane permaculture society which does "blitz" working bees on peoples' houses? apparently once you've helped with 2 other (1 day) blitzes you're eligible for one of your own. being permaculture folk we're not just talking plants but also chicken runs, bee hives, compost heaps, drainage, crop rotation, etc etc :)

@prier I live a couple of k's from mt coot-tha buy haven't been for 3-5 years (and never their "botanical gardens"), lemme know if you like the idea of a blind guide leading a blind outsider ;) don't forget the botanical gardens in the city, they're much easy to get to by public transport etc (they're right down the south-east extreme of the city.

• Like 1

Endorfinder you need to show those guys how we used to do it in north queensland ;)

Not going to be easy with a very laid back afternoon situation, but we'll see what we can do eh?

• Like 1

I think we generally try to keep the meets more on the laid back side so as not to put off members who might otherwise not come along, and also not to draw unwanted attention of the wrong sort to our little community is all

And yeah bring as many or as few plants/seeds etc as you like :)

My phone is nothing short of Fucked, this situation seems unlikely to resolve itself before sunday. So apologies to those whose calls/messages I've ignored, pls message me regarding this weekend if there's any secret squirrel shizzle I need to know about.

Oh and was it mt coot-tha? Where do you go, like slaughter falls down the bottom or near the channel 7 antenna or what? :P

• Like 1

OK legends.... I think I can make it. we talking usual place at midday this Sunday???

• Like 2

Yep, that's the plan B)

• Like 2

Here now, but it's looking pretty stormy and no one else is here yet...anyone still comin?

I will be there by 1ish I hope

Cool..I think if no one is here by 12:30 or so I'll probably just head home, kinda rooted and don't wanna get stuck in the storm. But I'll let you know if I go

Sweet. Thanks gman

Yeah I'm heading home now, been here a good 40min or so and no other arrivals. Callin it rained out