The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Bowser

Advice on Freeloading Friend

So here's the situation:

My girlfriend invited one of her female friends to live with her for a month or two since she just moved here and needed a place to stay while she finds her own place to live.

This friend of my g/f wanted to meet new people here, so I introduced her to one of my friends. So my friend and my g/f's friend hit it off, and two days later my friend is spending every night over with my g/f's friend at my g/f's house... which means she now spends every night at my house, since she doesn't have room in her place for the four of us. Not only does this come off as my friend being incredibly clingy, but also rude and selfish.

I really like my friend, but he lives with his mom and has a place to stay. I feel like hes totally taking advantage of my g/f's kindness, and straining a living situation that was already strained by having my g/f's friend living with her. My g/f won't say anything to him about this, and I feel kind of weird about saying anything to him about it, since he's not staying at my place per se.

Thanks for the advice!

i don't know...

a gangbang comes to mind

• Like 7

in all seriousness have you tried COMMUNICATION i've no doubt it will solve your problem, you and gf know the situation far better than we do.

also scuse me for being so forward but are there other issues at hand, jealousy perhaps?

• Like 1

haha Dave

your girlfriend needs to do something if she isn't happy with it. if she won't she needs to work on asserting herself. She is enabling her friend who is enabling your friend, and you are enabling your gf by having her at your place. :) just all squash into her place until she gets sick of it and says something lol

• Like 2

just be up front bro, do the ol ...i respect you BUT thing. people only take advantage of people that dont stick up for themselves, its your turf so lay the rules down, you have to step on toes to earn respect sometimes, its your turf lay the ground rules and dont feel sorry for doing so.

It's like the Universe is forcing u to take the next step...

I've been thinking that we've been together long enough now & maybe you should move in permanent like darling... :huh:

or

your girlfriend needs to do something if she isn't happy with it. if she won't she needs to work on asserting herself. She is enabling her friend who is enabling your friend, and you are enabling your gf by having her at your place. :) just all squash into her place until she gets sick of it and says something lol

Best of luck with that one man...

thanks for all the replies guys!

i don't know...

a gangbang comes to mind

been there done that... different girl though of course :wink: the idea of hosting a swingers party came to mind also :lol:

Talked with the g/f again about the situation. She then said something and my buddy left immediately so hope it wasn't too harsh, shes going to talk with her girl friend, cause her friend doesn't need to be inviting guests to be sleeping over every night... since its not her place. I'll be talking with my friend about it, and framing my concern as basically: you don't want to look too clingy to this girl you just met by spending every waking minute with her and maybe you could invite her to your place, me and my girl need some alone time also.

Hey man,

I've encountered shit like this before and i can sympathize with how damn awkward these social situations can get..

remember that your mate is not too much at fault here and you might wanna catch up with him asap to clear the air,

if you don't things cud get a bit weird between ya's.

funny that your gf hits up your mate first when its realy her mate who's making thjngs awkward for everyone

her friend will certainly know she's overstaying her welcome, just avoiding the isue so she can stay longer.

if your gf sorts out your mate, maybe it should be you who talks to her mate

it can be hard to be brutally honest with your friends cause you really care about them, which id say your gf already knows...

gud luck

• Like 1

I'd confront them with something like this.

I don't know the arrangement your GF has with her friend but you need to set some rules for your mate.

With a concerned look on your face say something like

Listen, money is getting very tight lately so if you are going to stay over we're going have to ask you to pay a share of the rent. You're welcome to stay but you need to do your fair share when it comes to the bills. Maybe we could work a fair amount for each night you stay.

If you want to really force the point you could start talking about a roster for houshould tasks like doing the dishes and cleaning etc.  

If they don't move out then at least they will know that they can't just stay for free and it will establish a bit of respect that is deserved as it is her place.

Edited by SallyD
  • Like 1