The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
incognito

Want- adenium obesum

Would love an advanced plant of anyone has 1 for sale :)

Do any Sydney nurserys have them available?

Edited by incognito

Here ya go Incog-

I'll babysit it for ya... :wink:

incogdsc0916.jpg

• Like 7

:.(

Zelly what sort of Adenium is that? Looks like a pachypodium with the spines? Got any seed?

Stillman- its a Pachypodium saundersii, and sorry, no seeds.

Here's a pic of the only Adenium I have, A. crispum

adenium1011482.jpg

seeds here

If they wont ship to you, have them shipped to me & I'll send them on. :wink:

• Like 3

I've found some both through Bunnings and out at Hamiltons, unfortunately my bigger one didn't survive last winter as I was dumb enough to have it in the ground. Loved the 2010-2011 summer but rotted out completely during the colder months.

Hey man post a pic of it and I'll see if I have it I have few different one

I have a few not real advanced ones Im not 100% sure if they're obesum but they look the same I'll post a pic and see what you think I also have a few seedlings

yah i had some seedlings up last yr but they rptted over winter. im figuring on keeping them under lights this winter until they harden the fuck up.

ive got a few batches of seed going a double red , black, and a purple var that have just popped up.

Really I had no trouble with them just potted them and let them go although I did have about a thousand seed so I'm not real sure how many rotted

red black and purple sounds awesome I've see the red ones mine are pink with a white center or white

the little buggers hardly ever grow true to type apparently, but fingers crossed I just want a couple double and triple blooms. That would look awesome.

Incog if you can wait until after Christmas I will probably be able to swing you some of these.

DSCF2001-20.jpg

All of thses are apparently from triple blooming parents seeds direct from Thailand.

And this is my big freak seedling.

Triple Amethyste

DSCF2003-16.jpg

seedling was sown in May/ June this year from memory. Is 3 times the size of everything else. God If this thing has a rad flower I will be a happy little vegemite. Also best thing about Adeniums is they graft beautifully and respond amazingly to BAP6 and GA3.

• Like 1

or if you come pick it up you can have this one for 100 bucks.

DSCF2011-2.jpg

Actually No I like this plant.

But I will gift you one of the little ones for Christmas. I promise, just remind me in December.

Edited by Stillman
  • Like 1

nice one guvner :)

i love these plants :) sethomopod should post some pics of his big berthas.

i might save my dollars and get a biggun couriered to me from the site listed above. :)

ive crazy weather where i live, icy cold winters with heavy frosts, an almost sub tropical spring, then a SCORCHING HOT summer and autumn.

the icy cold winteres don spare many delicate plants. mildura is closer to vic is it not?

holy dooley stillman id love to take you up on your offer :)

anyways im off to the supermarkets for pho and ginger beer ingredients :)

i wouldnt mind one of that flower colour, but from what i cant tell that is the most common colour.

id almost pay a hunge for that specimen.

ive got to many high prced plants im paying off at the moment so its a pipe dream for now.

Edited by incognito

Holy shit $100 is that what ppl will pay for those I have a few half that size they're only about 4 years old. I might have to collect some more seed this year lol

what do you mean double bloom is that 2 different colours or just multiple flowers?

for example

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ADENIUM-OBESUM-DESERT-ROSE-TRIPLE-FLOWER-TRIPLE-TANZANITE-20-seeds-NEW-/170935871546?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27cc92683a

like a rose flower

Adeniums are worth a shit load in the right market. A plant that size 100 to 150 in nice shallow bonsai pot. Add the word Bonsai and it goes upwards. And that just the common coloured flower.

True, they are not cheap plants. Sethomopod was saying they command high prices even in south east Asia. He has an absolute beauty. Very toxic sap I believe.

my mom went to a plant show and got pretty big adeniums as big as stillmans for 15$ a piece. i was pretty damn suprised at that price they are impressive specimens. wonder why they're so hard to find over there in aus?

You know why Trippy because alot of big time cacti and succulent people here in Australia think they are hard to keep. And I can attest they have there challenges. You can grow out 1000 adenium seeds from various hybrids treat them all the same same soil mix same water same temperature control. half will grow steady and look ok one quarter will pump and be three times the size of everything else and the last quarter will rot. They just seem fickle I do well with the larger established plants but seedling are just a roll of the dice its really weird. I don't think they are that hard I just think you have to factor in a 20% mortality rate. And learn to water and feed accordingly. Remembering that the Adenium Obese complex is most likely 4 separate species hybridised, each requiring its on variations of care. I take it back they are a pain in the arse, but they are soo pretty.