Before (as in 15 months ago)

post-10238-0-64087600-1351555543_thumb.j

a few days ago...

post-10238-0-25639400-1351555782_thumb.j

post-10238-0-64087600-1351555543_thumb.jpg

post-10238-0-25639400-1351555782_thumb.jpg

post-10238-0-64087600-1351555543_thumb.jpg

post-10238-0-25639400-1351555782_thumb.jpg

looks like it may have been replanted, whats the new soil like?

Looks like its not getting enough water and is being kept at a too dry/hot place. But yeah, more info needed. Soil looks wrong too.

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 2

looks like it may have been replanted, whats the new soil like?

Looks like its not getting enough water and is being kept at a too dry/hot place. But yeah, more info needed. Soil looks wrong too.

the soil is vermicompost, just recently transplanted is there something wrong about using vermicompost?

the soil is vermicompost, just recently transplanted is there something wrong about using vermicompost?

holds to much moisture and is to compacted for cacti you want something that drys and drains quick.sandy gravel kinda soil, mix some gravel and sand with your vermicompost mix..looks like its got some kinda rot by what i can see close to the base..yet the cacti itself looks very dehydrated.

Edited by applesnail
  • Like 1

My guess is the roots were kept too wet in the new soil and started to rot. The rest of the cactus is probably dehydrated, since the roots weren't providing water and the plant was trying to ward off infection.

I'd take it out of the new soil, check out the roots or whats left of them and let them dry before trying to replant in more freely draining soil with lots of pumice and grit. Probably also make sure the soil is neutral or slightly basic to prevent future rot. Might be able to graft a healthy section, but probably dicey. Good luck!

• Like 1

so basically, i need sand-compost, mixture or pure sand?