The Corroboree
shane6891

Not long now till se QLD Cube season!!!

if they look like pan foes but have a jet black spore print and are active

then they would be pan subbs not foes

wich is why theyre active

the difference in prints is hard to tell if you dont have a comparison to look at then a pan foe print can look very much black

look very very closely at the lighter outer edges of the print if it looks slightly brown then its most likely a foe

if this is they are subbs shruman i would LOVE to get a print :)

please hit me up man

we need moooooooore rain!

fucking oath...i mean, like 3 days of weekday rain, then BOOM! 2 days of this type of weather and well be set for some hunting man...

instead no...the rian gods wanna fuck us over...:()

whoever said that cowshit close to markets thing, PM ME! :)

We just hit a solid week of possible rain on every day. Maybe this will be the season kick off we have been waiting for.

For experienced pickers - would you recommend going picking during the week of rain, waiting until it's finished, or waiting a few days after it finishes for extra sunshine?

Been very dry here. threatening rain but it aint coming.

Maleny and Montville are beautiful hinterland spots Bullit :D Some of my fav places to visit, so relaxed.

Edited by Safez
  • Like 1

safez its f*cken magic bro!! have u been along obi obi road [mapleton to kenilworth] awesum swimmin holes in the mary and obi creeks and loads of cowz!!! yes too fuken dry gettin abit worried alot of gum leaves fallin dont like it @ all ''fire''

cmori3 need about 100mls and more of rain then wait 2\3 days

Might be time to get out and start rain dancin'? haha.

Nah dont usually make it that far. Although since you mentioned it I might make an effort to do that whole loop, down obi obi to Kenilworth then boolumba, canondale and back to Maleny.

Then, maybe go on a drive through what looks like Mapleton state forest on my way back to Yandina and then home.

Decisions!

Edited by Safez

you just have to relax and let mother nature do her thing don't worry she will provide

So long as she doesnt do it with a flurry and flood my house again! Although a certain plant that may or may not have popped up at my old address before the massive flood did enjoy it and turned into a freakish monster plant. Let's just say, quality and quantity was assured!

If anyone (who isn't a first-timer) wants some company and a few extra hands, or even just some extra targets for the farmers to shoot at (safety in numbers), on a bit of a drive around give me a PM as me missus and I are keen fungi watchers limited by the range of public transport. Happy to contribute to fuel and conversation or whathaveyou and we are ready to go at the drop of a spore. We're on the east side of BrisVeg but can meet anywhere in the vicinity of the aforementioned public transport system.

Namaste

FCL

• Like 2

Goldies are out now after the rains we have been having. :):shroomer:

• Like 1

What, in QLD? You sure? didnt rain that much here :( you Lucky ducks

^^ Man its been raining all week on & off In southeast QLD. Theirs shrooms growing out of my wooden letterbox :lol: & a few different kinds of fungus popping up in my garden. I will go for a walk on the weekend & see if I can find some subjects to take pics of.

on rain here!

What, in QLD? You sure? didnt rain that much here :( you Lucky ducks

Yep. picked some myself. NNSW though, close enough to QLD.

^^ Man its been raining all week on & off In southeast QLD. Theirs shrooms growing out of my wooden letterbox :lol: & a few different kinds of fungus popping up in my garden. I will go for a walk on the weekend & see if I can find some subjects to take pics of.

This is ideal weather for cubes about this time of year. No need to wait any longer than 24 hours from when rains first start to go checking for cubes. Even a couple days left too long may give over-aged fruitbodies.

• Like 1

god to see the rain gods are providing just in time for 21.12.12! of course, it would not happen any other way.

If this rain in SE QLD keeps up, might get some pins the next couple of days - will report back!

i have seen some pins around, very few though. i think most of the rain so far has just strengthened the mycelium. we can expect at least two more days of rain, and afterwards chances of rain are around 60% per day.

can someone PLEASE, PLEASE PRETTY PLEEEEEEASE collect and save some prints for me for my return to aus!

i'll cover postage, pay you, trade you, jump through burning hoops, fondle you, etc etc.. i'll do almost anything! :wink: I'll even let you know my secret spots if your in SEQ!

sadly, by the time I make it back up that way i'll end up missing the season :( ...at least I'll be in melb for the subs nxt year though :P

Edited by fydesvindico
  • Like 1

you want prints?

or prints specifically from the australian native species?

i only ask because it is fairly simple to obtain prints on this forum. i would say liquid cultures are easier though, unless you are just wanting to store it for a long period.

you want prints?

or prints specifically from the australian native species?

i only ask because it is fairly simple to obtain prints on this forum. i would say liquid cultures are easier though, unless you are just wanting to store it for a long period.

help me find a spot on the gold coast, please?

Lamiters crossing, Advancetown hotel (look around these areas you will find secluded paddocks with fruits) Please harvest with a blad dont tear them out. I don't hunt Gold Coast anymore but seriously ANYWHERE just about up towards currumbin, advancetown, canungra that has cow paddocks you will likely find shrooms. a FOAF spread spores through most of tyhe paddocks in the advancetown area over a two year period so there should be an abundance of them around!

If u are referring to cararra markets DONT go picking there. The crappest most open spot ever. Near robina railway station is a massive open paddock (you are visible but easy enough to escape if trouble arises)

I honestly think that every cow paddock on the gold coast produces fruits eithe P. cyans or cubensis. I have never had a trip where i have fouhnd NOTHING. just other times are better than the rest. Good luck and any SE QLDerts who want some better directions feel free to shout out!

help me find a spot on the gold coast, please?

Lamiters crossing, Advancetown hotel (look around these areas you will find secluded paddocks with fruits) Please harvest with a blad dont tear them out. I don't hunt Gold Coast anymore but seriously ANYWHERE just about up towards currumbin, advancetown, canungra that has cow paddocks you will likely find shrooms. a FOAF spread spores through most of tyhe paddocks in the advancetown area over a two year period so there should be an abundance of them around!

If u are referring to cararra markets DONT go picking there. The crappest most open spot ever. Near robina railway station is a massive open paddock (you are visible but easy enough to escape if trouble arises)

I honestly think that every cow paddock on the gold coast produces fruits eithe P. cyans or cubensis. I have never had a trip where i have fouhnd NOTHING. just other times are better than the rest. Good luck and any SE QLDerts who want some better directions feel free to shout out!

edit: for those wondering why i share this, well simply shrooms are the drug that has opened the mind of many of my firends to the realities in our world. I feel this should be shared with all. Furthermore i dont hunt the spots anymore someone else might as well make use of them. Just be an ethical harvester, if you get more than you need invest in a dehydrator. spread the spores (tap shrooms opr use bigreds tek above)

Edited by DarkSpark
  • Like 3