The Corroboree
El Presidente Hillbillios

Are fake id's legal?

Hey guys,

I stumbled across this the other week. http://fakies.com.au/

It really made me wonder how this site could be legal especially being an Australian site selling fake Australian id's

If they were legal the site wouldn't have that disclaimer, no?

I'd say it's all in the disclaimer at the top and the fact that the card's look nothing like the real deal. Be grey area I suspect but not illegal untill you imitate an acctual card or try to use the card as identification.

Lmfao @ international fake id card!!!

But if the chaser can crash what ever summit that was with "government of neverland" "in-securety" passess, then who knows what these could be good for.

Id say they not illeagle the same way your cacti collection is not illeagle. If you intend to use it for an illeagle purpose then it is an illeagle item or w.e

Edited by eatfoo

Chasers I'd also said in red letters "it's pretty obvious this isn't a real pass" haha

• Like 1

In the past i would have said that having a fake ID was legal as long as it is not used for any fraudulent purpose, however that was then & this is now, and now as a rule of thumb unless you have specific approval for anything from one or more likely several government departments its a reasonably safe bet that it isn't legal.

I do know that having unregistered equipment to reproduce the holograms is enough to earn you an all expenses paid holiday.

That site is most likely working on the same principal that all the ppl selling button cactus in Qld do, just ignore it and 99.999 % of the time all is good

Edited by shortly

Was thinking people may be able to argue its not illegal,------------------- so long as they are really fake people. General rule in life-- if it cannot be taxed then it will be banned. In this post 9/11 world we live in we have to remember the grubbyment is on the lookout for stuff like this. Would be a good one to steer clear of i think. Cheers all

• Like 1

I wonder if it's illegal to create another identity.

Remember, proof of existence and use of identity are two extremely different things.

LOL> Of course it's illegal to have a fake ID. youll get a fine. fraud if you use someone elses name, so stick to using your own name.

Peace.

what about movie props you see some pretty good looking id's in blue healers

• Like 2