The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Evil Genius

Kill Kill Kill Muder Murder Murder

Yeah you know, i dont want to sound cruel or something like that. Honestly, im the type of person that likes all animals and it fucks with my head that i have to kill em. But i have no other choice as it got to the point that they shat all over my kitchen every night and i am quite concerned about the diseases they can possibly carry. Hanta and shit.

I have some of these Plastic traps that are shown above but they need to be replaced as they are kinda "worn down". They always snap, even without anything stepping on the trigger.

I have one Trap that catches them alive but i am a little bit hesitant to use it as it breaks my heart to kill them. You know, they like living too but i feel forced. I asked them friendly to go away, caught them numerous times alive and brought them outside but they just keep getting back so i guess its me or them now. With the traps, it kills em instantly if everything goes right but i have concerns with that method as well because it oftenly hurts them and causes them to suffer a slow death. I dont want them to suffer so i think CO2 would be a more humane way. Will look into it a bit. But its still sad...

EG I know how you feel, I struggle to brush a lil jumping spider off my cacti when repotting. Maybe gas thme iwth nitrous so its a little more fun (joke)

caught them numerous times alive and brought them outside but they just keep getting back

I had the same thing happen . I kept catching mice and letting them go right down the back yard, and each morning I was sure the same mouse was back in the trap. So I put some red nail polish on a few toes before i let it go...and yep! next day, there's this red toed fat mouse in the trap. So now I take any i catch to the reserve at the end of the street along with the snails. I just have to do it Ninja style, because I don't think the neighbors would be too happy if they knew what I was up to.

:)

I had the same thing happen . I kept catching mice and letting them go right down the back yard, and each morning I was sure the same mouse was back in the trap. So I put some red nail polish on a few toes before i let it go...and yep! next day, there's this red toed fat mouse in the trap. So now I take any i catch to the reserve at the end of the street along with the snails. I just have to do it Ninja style, because I don't think the neighbors would be too happy if they knew what I was up to.

:)

I bet all the other mice were jealous when they saw their friends kitted out with nail polish.

They must have been the hippest mice in the district.

I had real problems with them so I went around the house and jammed steel wool (stainless) into all the holes that looked big enough for them to fit through & fitted patches made out of colorbond steel sheet on the gaps around the drains etc. That slowed them down a bit but I was still getting them in the ceiling so I inspected under the house and the vermin barrier was obviously installed by a drunken myopic one handed six year old so that needed to re-done.

Then I fitted some door seals that have small gaps that won't allow them through and no more mice.

It's not so easy on some houses, particularly older ones but for me it was well worth the effort patching all the entry points.

Warning point lifted or the carnage continues. It's ur choice eg. Next week I shall send further, much more drastic objectives Mwoo harr ha!

I dont want them to suffer so i think CO2 would be a more humane way. Will look into it a bit. But its still sad...

I had always thought that people might just be mistaken when they said they use carbon dioxide to kill animals humanely (pounds and pest exterminators and the like)- I had this lingering hope that they actually meant carbon monoxide. But I've just looked it up, and apparently CO2 is the correct chemical. I still hope I'm wrong about all this, but afaik:

The feeling of needing to breathe isn't actually triggered by a lack of oxygen, like you might think, but by an excess of carbon dioxide. This is why it's so easy to asphyxiate when there's a gas leak, or carbon monoxide filling your car or whatever - you just don't even notice it because the problem is too little oxygen, not too much carbon dioxide, so the "need-to-breathe" response never gets triggered and you're pretty well unaware that you're dying.

This is how it works for humans, anyway - I really hope it's different for rats and dogs and birds and all the other animals that are "humanely euthanised" by this method, but I don't really see any reason why it would be - it's a fairly fundamental biochemical mechanism. So if it's the same for rats as it is for humans, asphyxiation by CO2 poisoning would be a horrible experience even if it only took a few minutes - it's the one gas where you would actually feel like you were suffocating. Bopping them on the head with a mallet strikes me as a much more humane method than painful, conscious asphyxiation.

Human being 0 Mouse 204

I've had success with raw chicken on Snap traps or whatever they're called as well as peanut butter and nutella. I like the snap traps any the funny angles you find the little guys in after they've gone off = ) really I can't see the difference in how you kill a mouse whether it's poison, snap trap or catch and freeze or catch and gas.

I say let the cat kill the mouse and let the cat live with the karma

after the floods here we got massive rats I had to get rid of all my chickens and stuff these things were so big I would walk under the house to get something at night and they would just sit there on a rafter and watch me I'd make a big noise and try and scare them off and they would just look at me. It started to feel like that scene in Jurasic park were the game warden gets eaten by the raptors. SO I just poisoned the filthy things. It was a bit gross because we had a few dead ones get smelly but they really are Vermon and they spread disease and shit and the planet is better with out them so I just do it what ever it takes poison trap KILL. It will make you feel better, we are the Apex predators for a reason, remind them before they uprise. lol

peanut butterr ... good as gold

the extra r is coz your missing one in your topic title

Operation MISSION IMPOSSIMOUSE failed again. ALL Traps cleaned, twice since yesterday, The "Alive"-Trap wasnt touched. Fucker´s good. But i am better. Mouse Terrorism against my kitchen will not stand. Derp.

Look at it this way, with all of the peanut butter the mouse is eating, it'll soon be big enough to trip the trap.

^^LOL^^ or die of heart failure :o

Come on EG "You can doooo it". Fuck, now I'm been keep awake by a mouse in Germany............haha.

Mwoo harr harrr (holding cat in arm, wearing monocle and tapping fingers together)

One of the degus died yesterday. It was my favorite one and it was such a friendly animal. Not sure why but its possible it caught a virus or bacterial infection from the fucking mice that run around where they live. Now the gloves come off.

Ninja skills activated. 1 degus a day.

incog's profile pic looks like a evil german mouse I reckon? :unsure:

Na magic dog. But close.

Are you ready to talk warn points yet eg? Hmm?

Are you ready to talk warn points yet eg? Hmm?

No but ready to give you a good old fashioned spanking. :wink:

Incog, don't you work in the food industry? You should be careful you don't call karma down on your head! Or around your feet. They are probably in there right now, scrabbling around, defecating, eating, eating, eating. In a few days there will be millions, a plague of tiny squealing things undermining the foundations of your castle. Better bring home the big boy.

I actually have a pet work rat named phantom. I'm immune to rats as had one for a few yrs as a pet. But he scares the bejesus out of the other lads.

Particularly the indigenous guys? Why is it in my work experience that it's the indigenous guys who are afraid of bugs, mice, rats, frogs, snakes? There's a stereotype I had dashed.

To date I've worked with an indigenous guy who screamed like Ned Flanders at the sight of frogs, now another who reacts the same with mice and rats.

Hey eg :) sleep well my friend xxoo

Edit- btw eg I checked out ur profile pic on "you know where" and I declare my bot as presented to you for due punishment.

Have you brought out the big guns yet on the mischief of mouses EG? any casualties of war?

Just his sOul

Yeah you know, i dont want to sound cruel or something like that. Honestly, im the type of person that likes all animals and it fucks with my head that i have to kill em. But i have no other choice as it got to the point that they shat all over my kitchen every night and i am quite concerned about the diseases they can possibly carry. Hanta and shit.

I have one Trap that catches them alive but i am a little bit hesitant to use it as it breaks my heart to kill them. You know, they like living too but i feel forced. I asked them friendly to go away, caught them numerous times alive and brought them outside but they just keep getting back so i guess its me or them now. With the traps, it kills em instantly if everything goes right but i have concerns with that method as well because it oftenly hurts them and causes them to suffer a slow death. I dont want them to suffer so i think CO2 would be a more humane way. Will look into it a bit. But its still sad...

I love you EG :wub: