The Corroboree

i though of pumice, and perlite would be good aswell, but believe me, my soil is not too wet and not too compact, and nice and airy {is this a word?(well airiated)}.

the problem is, everytime you try to fix something, with certain measures, the same will have a ripple on effect.

if i add perlite, i will disturbe the roots.

if i spray against mites, the leaves can get burned.

if i increase humidety, i suddenly get more spider mites.

mauve, at your location, you should try, to grow this plant.

I have a kava plant on the way, does it do better on the coast north of the capricorn in australia?

mauve, at your location, you should try, to grow this plant.

I wish but i am facing a big problem: i can't find a single kava plant ! :lol:

Hawaiian nurseries don't send cuttings anywhere else but US and the only other nursery growing kava (herbalistics) don't send outside of Australia.

Since kava is hard to grow and rare, i never found someone with a spare cutting.

Challenge ! I like it !

At my location we have two problems, for kava: the relative cold in winter: January-February the temps oscillate between 10°C-25°C and we regulary have typhoons, kava dislikes wind. So i should try a mix of potted plants, greenhouse and different protected locations, forest-like.

Other than that it should be ok.

They don't ship live plants worldwide...

ask mindperformer, where he got his one from.

i'm proud to say, that the plant, pictured at the above link, was the source for herbalistics kava.

aswell, i might say, that the original plant was a gift from tort, but sab doesn't sell kava plants anymore.

further more, even the original importer of this plant, steven told me, he gave up on it, and now he does brugs and frangipanis.

http://www.sacredgardenfrangipanis.com/angels-trumpets/index.php

• Like 1

Imo you are correct planthelper.

My limited experience with kava is wet feet seems to be a big issue.

I have had three identical 40 cm plants side by side in the greenhouse.....one got all droopy, shed its black tipped leaves and eventually died.

When another looked a bit said a few weeks later I quickly pulled it out to a dryer location and it sparked up.

3rd one.....same conditions, mix, water etc.....powering on!....go figure

Sooky plant in my opinion......but I am no expert.

I shall persist

Edited by CoLaNuT

hey ph thanx for the info in the last post http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36307#entry435187

yeah i have bought brug plants from steven b4 and happy with them!! with tha phtophthora thingy i can c it happenin with soggy soil but fuk i spoil this biatch lol the soil is perfect, i bring her in if its cold,, daily flea her... hahah u name it !! :wub:

Edited by bullit

I have a tiny plant, that has been hanging on for ages and grown 2 leaves. Hopefully it survives. The damn chickens stomped on it! I just don't seem to be very good with Pipers. Must be a secret I haven't figured out. Maybe they love sand or something in the soil (their roots are quite fine).