The Corroboree
LikeAshesWeFade

Tips on impressing a hot date! haha

Ok.. so I have what could quite possibly be THE HOTTEST date I've ever had, coming to my house tonight. Brunette, big brown eyes, olive skin, heavily tattooed and yeah.. YEAH!!?!?!? I am absolutely FREEEEAKING out and trying to clean my half bach pad, half 4yr old girls toys - house and it looks like I'm getting nowhere but I'll nail it.. I have to! haha

So.. yeah, gimme tips!! What are some cool subjects to talk about etc?? haha we are both too afraid to watch this horror movie on our own so we both decided we'd watch it together. So the movie will fill in any awkward silences haha but still.. I want to talk! I want to get to know this girl!! She's everything I'm looking for in a lady haha!

**PLEASE HELP**

LikeAshes

:)

• Like 1

Don't talk to much except to ask her lots of questions about herself! If you're interested, be interested. Be totally involved, look into her eyes continually and above all enjoy her company, be relaxed, have fun! If you like her heaps and she likes you, excellent chance of it working. Good luck and have fun!

• Like 1

from the sounds of how you achieved this date (not wanting to watch a particular horror film alone) it is likely this girl doesn't expect you (or want you) to be the macho, single-night-of-fun type of chap, and you will likely get a second (and third, etc) date, as that says, to me at least, she has a similar outcome in mind to you from this link up. i hope that doesn't sound weird, i had trouble putting to words what i meant :P

apart from that, whitewind's advice is solid :) good luck on woo'ing what may be your dream girl

dio

• Like 1

Ask open-ended questions, rather than straight yes/no questions. Have the mindset that "you are interested in this person, and want to understand them - who, and why they are." Actually be interested. The questions you ask shouldn't be straight from "guide to interviewing job applicants" - try and make her laugh a few times, I don't know what your particular brand of humour is, but just go for the genuine laughter.

/\

Top-shelf advice

Most importantly - this woman has taken time out of her day to get to know you. This is a reason to feel happy and special. :D

She wants to see you being happy, but don't go all the way to methed-up clown levels of excitement, and don't be so calm and collected that she'd have difficulty picking you from a lineup of rocks. Be yourself when you're at your best.

/\

Top-shelf pep talk

A useful tip that I got was that for some questions, perhaps provide some "prompts", as it can be quite hard to formulate a reply to a question such as "why did you decide <important life choice based on multiple factors>?" - for example "Why did you move to Australia? - for the scenery or for the nice people?". It's not something that you want to use in every sentence - no way, but for some difficult abstract questions, it might come in handy so that your question doesn't stop the "flow" of the conversation. Flow doesn't mean constant chattering - and it doesn't mean a tennis match of talking, it's more like a good piece of classical music. :P

/\

Random tip

Edited by CβL
  • Like 6

The old advice of just be yourself comes in handy, but only with a few addendums - you need to try and and be yourself, but be the you that is not freaking out. With that in mind though, it's often pretty hard not to freak out in situations like these. The best thing to do is to accept that it makes you nervous, but to make peace with that and not let your physiological stress-response get in the way of having fun.

Don't let your mind feed you bullshit like "she's outta my league", or "god i hope i don't screw this up". Recognize that stuff as the nonsense it is, and steer your focus to a more easy and chill vibe - having fun hanging out with a cool chick.

My last piece of advice is to realize that there are A LOT of really hot girls out there, and that putting any one of them on a pedestal or viewing her as somehow special when compared to all the other ones is shooting yourself in the foot - because when you think you won't get another chance like this again, you automatically take things too seriously, become really nervous and get inside your head.

Relax, have fun, and realize that there's 6 billion people in the world - which means even if she is one-in-a-million, there's still 3,000 girls out there just like her. And some of those are probably hotter :P

Edited by gtarman
  • Like 2

^ lol wow, way to make a girl feel special.

I like your logic but don't go letting her know you have that in mind!

Top notch advice gentlemen, they'll have made a Romeo of you in no time!

• Like 3

hahaha oh woww the response to this topic has been fenominal! Thankyou all for your advice!! I must admit I feel alot more at ease after reading your responses haha my house is now looking good enough, my dog has been washed, some incense is burning and yeah.. I'm feeling good about this! I just got a gut feeling we're gonna get along really well! :lol:

Edited by LikeAshesWeFade
  • Like 1

look into her eyes continually

But make sure you don't have a psycho look on your face while doing that cuz it can really creep people out (not that I've had a problem like that I'm just saying that I imagine it would creep people out... ahhh forget it)

• Like 6

my dog has been washed

haha good luck mate :)

• Like 3

Dont talk, just listen. :)

Just kidding. Just try to enjoy the date YOURSELF and dont waste time thinking about what she might like. In general, you should prefer doing thethings you like because you act a lot more comfortabely when you do the things you like. Choose a movie you like, not a cheesy romantic movie because that looks too "dodgy", you know? Try to reduce nervous ticks to a minimum when you are talking, look her directly in the eyes and LEAN BACK. This is crucial because attraction has a lot to do with body language. Dont lean towards her like a needy wuss but dont keep too much distance either. Make sure to touch her every now and then. And before you ask: No not on the tits and the ass! ;) I mean that you should sometimes "high five" her or bump into her with a smile and call her "punk" or something like that. Call her funny names. And no, dont call her "you filthy whore go to hell!!!" or something like that....be playful and always smile when you bust her balls. Treat her like you would treat your bratty little sister. And just be funny. Tell a funny story every now and then but have an eye on the way you talk. Dont talk all the time...try to talk like some people in movies do. Imagine Russel Crowe in Gladiator talking like Eddy Murphy and you know what i mean. It changes everything. Be yourself but dont sell yourself cheap. Could tell you a lot more but its probably too late to use so much info so my best suggestion is to have fun. bye Eg

Edit: Oh and dont try to give her a goodnight kiss for all cost. It makes a lot more impression if you arent the type of guy that does that. To avoid a situation like that, you should try to kiss her before the end of the day. If you find yourself in the right situation, go for the kiss. Because you dont want her to put you in the friendszone because you didnt have the balls to make the move, you know? She agreed to come to your house or to go out with you so she´s definately into you enough to consider something more so dont put yourself in the friends category by not doing anything.

And make sure to have some alcohol at home. Dont try to make her drunk but if she feels like having a few drinks, she should certainly be able to.

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 3

Remember to hide this page on your computer screen :wink: Unless you think she's the kind of girl that would find this cute... then you might accidentally leave it up... Good luck mate!

Edited by IndianDreaming
  • Like 3

I've got some more practical advice for your date. Wear clothes that you feel comfortable in - not really daggy ones, but clothes that make you feel like you like you're cool and help you to feel confident. If you drink, have a beer to relax your nerves and ease the tension. Also, when the girl comes, if you like a particular clothing item she's wearing or if you like the way she's styled her hair, let her know. There's nothing people like more than an honest compliment.

If this girl is coming to your place, you've half way to a new friendship and hopefully a new relationship. She already trusts you and she is probably is looking forward to your company. Good luck :)

• Like 2

Bookmarking this shit lol.

Remember to find common ground to keep the conversation flowing. Dont lay into the munchies too when watching the movie either If your constantly stuffing your face it can put them off and you'll smell like chip flavoring by the end.

And that reminds me. Smelling nice can be important. Have a shower so you smell clean and faintly like shampoo and aftershave, dont blow them out of the park with pungent aromas but come across as fresh and pleasant to smell.

• Like 1

tell her you're excited to see her put some food in her mouth while you put food in your mouth, crushing the food together as you move your top teeth towards your bottom teeth, like the old days, on the farm, make a paper mache bust of her face and as you give it to her say 'yhhyyhhhehh, ehhhrrn' and look at the ground, also tell her how she fits into your life plan right away otherwise she will think you have autism and can't understand social cues.

• Like 5

hahaha ohhh you crack me up EG! I love your advice!! I will be sure to close this window before she comes haha luckily enough the computer is in my room and I highly doubt we'll end up in the room.. but hey.. heres to hoping! hahaha. I have already decided on what I'm going to wear and I feel rather confident when I wear the outfit too. I am just happy to have some company! we're both into underground metal/punk so thats always a good category to bring up! she's also had several bad trips from shrooms so I'm keen to hear about her experiences. There's definitely alot of similarity between us so that's always a good thing, plenty of subjects to bring up and talk about!

hahahahahahahahah a paper mache bust of her face! omg.. fucking hilarious! I love it!!t I will most definitely be having a shower and using some nice smelling body wash, then a little Lynx Anarchy under the arms and a few puffs on the neck of some decent cologne. Sinking back a few scotches as I type lol get the old dutch courage goin!

Remember to hide this page on your computer screen :wink: Unless you think she's the kind of girl that would find this cute... then you might accidentally leave it up... Good luck mate!

Yeah leave the computer on, and leave the webcam on in case you get busy and then we can watch and post a running commentary!

(sorry, too much? :devil: )

• Like 1

Dont forget to comb your hair!

awkward-mullet.jpg

• Like 1

AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH I'll try leave the webcam on lol hahahaha. COMB YOUR HAIRRRRR GEOFFREY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sure fucking hope I dont scrub up THAT bad hahahah

I used to do a lot of dating in the past and over time, i pretty much learnt what works and what not.

Btw, dont talk about ex-partners! Like ever. If she starts doing it, just ignore it and change the subject. I know people who tell hideous stories about their past relationships during the first date and it should absolutely be avoided. And dont feel like you should tell her everything about yourself...leave some things for her to discover. Be a little bit mysterious...

And no matter what, try to be unpredictable. Dont feel obliged to do the typical things everyone else does on the first date. You know, girls are sick of people who do the same shit as anybody else so be original. Thats not rocketscience...just dont do the same standard type of date. If i go out, i usually go to ikea shopping and goofing around. If we stay at home, i watch horrormovies and cook some sick shit with her. Like Peniscookies or something crazy like that. :)

• Like 3

^ so ladies, who's up for some cock biscuits and a night out at ikea!

lol you smokin crack EG? :wink:

• Like 3

And try to find out about what she likes and what not. It isnt really helpfull if you have a whole climbing trip planned while her family was tragically killed once trying to be the first people that climbed the matterhorn backwards or whatever. I guess you get the idea. Ask her about the best (and the worst) date she ever had or the things she likes the most and use this in the future.

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 3

lol you smokin crack EG? :wink:

lol, no. Girls like men who are a little bit crazy. Not Hannibal Lector Crazy but Captain Jack Sparrow crazy, you know? So im actually extremely qualified. :P

Edit: and avoid negative topics for all cost! If the whole conversation suddenly is about the tragic day when her poor hamster bommel fell in the mixer, change topic immedietly. You dont want her to have negative feelings when she´s with you.

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 2

Another advice I can give, is that if you take your shower at least an hour before you see her, it works better. The reason for this is that you then have time to re-emit your pheromones - aka your natural smell. And if you're feeling confident, and eat a decent diet, and perhaps exercise, your natural smell will be great. The cologne is an accent of your existing smell, not a substitute. If you washed all your smell off and only smell like crushed up plants, you'll have to work harder to excite her sexually. :)

• Like 1

HAHAHAHAH oh EG you are a fucking champion I tell ya.. hahaha cock biscuits and ikea! lol!!!!! I totally get what you mean though.. I can be Jack Sparrow..!! I was thinking about having a shower roughly an hour before she arrives so that'll work out well!