The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
shroomy

anciant Altered states

that must be of some comfort to those who have the history channel.

We do not get cable up on owe hill,

Was it good?

Is it going to be on again? If so when?

?

[This message has been edited by RonnySimulacrum (edited 10 November 2002).]

is that the one about drumming/vibrations in southamerican and druid caves?

Sorry for taking so long to reply but that thing that pays the bills needs to be done. um no it wasnt that drumming one,thank goodness. i only caught the second half as usual but it was interesting. they showed a Andian ritual at some high altitude lake conducted by a shaman with the help of some juiced sanpedro. interesting way to swallow it to through the nose whith the aid of what looked like a small animal horn. Also showed a south american shaman brewing ayahuasca which they even pronounced correctly. there was no real news but it did give an Overall and unbiased (IMHO) look at drug use over the ages and even went as far as to put the point that alchahol seems to be a drug that western culture can tolerate and your more interesting options tend to be far more appreiciated by eastern cultures. another interesting point it raised was that these evil drug taking cultures have never had a drug problem in there societies until western culture intervenes and isolates these into there pure form ie opium-heroin. all in all a good show but i have no idea if it will be on again as i refuse to pay an extra $3 a month for a guide.