The Corroboree
qwertyuiop

The Currency Revolution - With Bitcoin

I'd be interested in what people make of this ICO and the plan for the coins themselves: https://ico.presscoin.com/ There's a lot of fine words in their website, - talking about being transparent, asset-backed etc.,  but I'm deeply suspicious. 

• Like 2

Haven't heard of this ICO but It's not well rated on icobench, I'd personally stay away: https://icobench.com/ico/presscoin

Even if the project is the most amazing project ever keep in mind ICOs basically run on hype and marketing. If you see everyone talking about an ico, it could be a good one to get in and dump as soon as it hits an exchange. 

Unless you're looking at long term, then it could be a good idea to invest if you really strongly believe in the project, but even then it's risky and better wait to see how it does and what exchanges it gets listed on if you're going for the long term.

A friend of mine made 11x his investment in Electroneum a few days ago by dumping as soon as it hit the exchange. It has since dropped over half.

I remember seeing a lot of hype and shilling around it at the time of the electroneum ICO... Hell I even have the app on my phone from pondering if I should buy in to it or not and unfortunately didn't...

• Like 1

Well I don't have much spare cash to gamble with, so any investment I make would be small, and probably long-term. Also, because I don't follow crytpocurrency & blockchain news very closely (at all), I had no idea there were so many ICO's happening. I shouldn't be surprised, but do feel that we are missing out. SABcoin anyone? :wink:

• Like 3

Hahaha SABcoin to the moon! Buy it to support the server costs and use it to trade plants & seeds with other members!

But yeah, everyone and their mother are trying to cash in on the ico craze, it's basically kickstarter but with more profits and no obligation to deliver lmao.

You got all types of people who have no clue about blockchain launching and or backing ico's these days it's hilarious. For example rappers (Ghosftace), boxers (Mayweather), actors (Jamie Foxx), basketball players (Dennis Rodman) and whores (Paris Hilton).

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Sallubrious said:

slide_1.jpg?5939826862048871210

Is anyone into Zero Fucks Given coins ?

yeah but jeez it cost me a fair few fucks to make a few fucks.. with .. a .. pretty Penny? :)

shedding late investors like fleas on a freshly dosed advantix dog

• Like 3

Hahaha so true Notherner! But for us the way I see it it's the pullback we've all been waiting for, time to heat those credit cards up. 

been tryna buy bitcoin for ages now , can anyone tell me a way that doesnt require a webcam please?

i have a hardware wallet just no way of buying any coin

....and need it really bad for a virtual sovereign ring for my middle finger :P to the banks

and not only but also, why is it always a black mercedes benz? :

http://www.neonnettle.com/news/3484-ceo-of-bitcoin-exchange-kidnapped-leaving-office-in-kiev

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ
  • Like 1

But you can go to a coin exchange and just buy them with credit card if you are so driven. Coinbase and Bitfinex are good examples. Localbitcoins can be better priced, though you will have to make cash deposits at a bank branch.

I highly recommend caution at this stage. The bubble has burst for the moment and further massive reductions in value are likely.

• Like 1

thanks i'll go ask the bank next time i can get to town if i understand what youre saying properly 

, i was linked to a place but it wont allow me to do jack shit .. i think it was coinbase come to think of it ..  its worth mentioning and warning ,

it asks for genuine details including passport photographed and a facial image shot requiring a webcam and will treat you as an american if you use a vpn set to there which will mean the only way you can move fwd is with a USA id which if you aint in usa you aint gettn fk all shit , n then it will recognize you if you retry .. thats the issue here

so word of warning

I have a coinbase account and never had issues when I used them.  http://keycdn.mturkcrowd.com/emoticons/shrug.gif

You could try localbitcoins then. You find someone on there with a good rating, make a deal, deposit the fiat in their account and they zap the BC to your wallet.

• Like 1

so all i will need is my digital wallet that way? or should i have a virtual one or something?

thanks a million btw , it means a lot to me to try and re-source some losses incurred the last 2 years...

i hope i can get at least a little bitcoin eventually to buy a few fkn aya seeds from wss who decided to go underground by the looks of it internationally but seem to accept bitcoin ... not that they reply or anything but scope for someone who is up to the job to post a handful of seeds ., an all..

• Like 1

All you will need is your wallet address and whatever the seller asks. Sometimes they want ID because they are trading and need to keep check for tax, but sometimes no.

Bitcoin payments are non reversible. So if you send BC to someone consider it done, there is no way back and it's entirely up to them whether or not they keep any part of any bargain. There is no recourse.

• Like 2

The only issue with localbitcoin is you're basically gonna pay quite a big premium compared to the current bitcoin price, especially if you don't want to have to provide an ID.

All the exchanges that you can buy BTC on with fiat will require ID verification one way or another. I found Coinbase's process to be the easiest tbh. You should be able to use a smartphone camera instead of the webcam, they send you a link via SMS, you click that link and from there you can upload pictures of your ID, recto & verso.

I'm not looking to sell any btc right now or I would have sold you some Horsey.

I would definitely agree with Northerner that right now the gains to be made are in altcoins, not bitcoin.

Although I just saw bitfinex has printed another 100 millions tether dollars, so it could mean another btc bullrun is brewing...

image-1.thumb.png.07e53b08a359f04461fef1ea3463158e.png

EDIT: you could also try to find a bitcoin ATM near you to buy from, there seems to be quite a few over there in the UK: https://coinatmradar.com/country/225/bitcoin-atm-united-kingdom/

Edited by MeanGreen
  • Like 1

POP!

FUD... run for the hills!

• Like 1

SALE! SALE!

Heavily reduced prices on everything!

Don't miss out!

http://m.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/laughing2.gif

Blue Eclipse stirs his magic pot, breathes in deep of the vapours... he sees a bear running until the solstice, criminal crypto cases on headlines, men jumping out of windows, young babies crying.

Edited by Blue Eclipse
  • Like 2

Bitcoin's environmental impact:

"Bitcoin’s electricity usage is enormous. In November, the power consumed by the entire bitcoin network was estimated to be higher than that of the Republic of Ireland. Since then, its demands have only grown. It’s now on pace to use just over 42TWh of electricity in a year, placing it ahead of New Zealand and Hungary and just behind Peru, according to estimates from Digiconomist. That’s commensurate with CO2 emissions of 20 megatonnes – or roughly 1m transatlantic flights".

Guardian link

• Like 2

ugly, so ugly...

I hope it dies.

Yeah, I wouldn't be too unhappy to see proof-of-work coins decline in favour of more efficient means of exchange. 

@Blue Eclipse: Now there's FUD 

sdfsdfsd

Edited by Teljkon