The Corroboree
nitrogen

Nitrogen´s Connoisseur hybrids - pics and seed giveaway

I also got the seeds today :). This new line of seeds is quite interesting. Most interested in the '' x TPM and Lumberjackus x Sharxx Blue and have like 8 Psycho0 x N1 seeds gonna sow together.

I know that flowering is determined by many factors; how long from seed does it take for a trichocereus to flower assuming no grafting? Would try planting in the ground as soon as large enough or using the largest container I can use. Sorry I know this is a bit off topic for this thread.

Back a few years ago when my seed grown ecuadorian pachanoi flowered I want to say it was around 5-6 yrs old - likewise my 2 seed grown cuzcoensis plants were like 5-6 years old when they flowered..

Seems there's a couple strategies for flowering - if you put them in the ground they appear to need to get much bigger before they do so - this is Zelly's approach, who has a sort of Jurrassic-cereus Park situation going on at his house :)

In contrast, most of my cacti have flowered in pots, and seem to do so more readily when they get rootbound, and not growing that fast - they are much smaller than Zelly's in general, but flower more than comparably sized plants that he has in the ground..

Edited by nitrogen
  • Like 10

I am crying tears of joy after opening my mailbox this evening. :)

Thank you so much Nitrogen!!

• Like 1

Ok thanks that is really helpful...

Looking at zelly's post on Leyenda from AZS it matches the age of your flowering cacti. SS usually sells seedlings that are around 3 years old + 2 in AZ sun :)

That psycho0 x cuzco is the coolest looking plant!

mean phuker

Planted them up last night.

I'm on it Nitrogen! :)

I'll update when blobs appear!post-13887-0-27066400-1447454705_thumb.j

post-13887-0-27066400-1447454705_thumb.jpg

post-13887-0-27066400-1447454705_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

well said! ive already had two people from this community contact me on different venues to offer me a few free seeds from the seeds they got from you, Nitro. Some people are recving more then just a bag of seeds from you! Legend!

@Solaritea

@CactEye

:lol:

• Like 1

P1140267.jpg P1140268.jpg P1140269.jpg

nitrogen 2012 offspring, lol this must be one of the slowest grows of these seedlings compared to ya all!

kudos to all people that offer freebie gifts and share the cactus passion, simultaneously bringing this "generous spirit" that nitrogen mentions into plant forums.

• Like 4

^^Haha still not as slow as me.. my 2012 batch are nearly big enough for a photo.. getting there :)

• Like 2

Nitrogen, my brother. Thanks from mother Africa.

The seeds have arrived safely. It's kind of amazing how they passed smoothly through the customs and the post office and came directly to my house.

I must admit, I'm so excited for all 6 crosses.

About "To have the spirit of achuma in mind and spirit in such transactions.."

Last year, I cut a lot of cristated and monstrose pups and gave them as gifts to of local cactophiles (that don't like Trichocereus). Now all of them fell in love with the genus. One of these guys came back from Europe with a few different varieties of crested and monstrose pachanois and gave me a cutting from a crest and another from a monstrose for free.

Your generosity has made a chain reaction here (and I'm sure in other places) and it's beautiful to see it develop and get bigger ......and most of all, to be part of it.

Thank you my brother.......you are a legend.

• Like 6

Seeds arrived in excellent condition. Thanks again, Nitro! Appreciate your seed giveaway and how you covered the shipping costs for everyone involved! Can´t wait to get them in the ground.

• Like 2

yay my zelly freebies are starting to grow !

i can't wait to see if some seedling crestage happens before my very eyes !

post-14443-0-15209800-1447763157_thumb.j

x] exciting

hopefully they will turn into some nice plump heifers!

2015-11-17 12.22.20.jpg

2015-11-17 12.22.20.jpg

• Like 1

From the 2012 seeds. About 18 months old now.

TPM x N1 (just starting to look a lil cresty on top)

IMG 1004

IMG 1003

TPC x Juuls

IMG 1002

IMG 1001

(Pach x Juuls) x TPM

IMG 1000

IMG 0999

(Peru x Juuls) x TPM

IMG 0998

IMG 0997

TPC x Juuls grafts - one normal phenotype, one monstrous

IMG 0987

IMG 0985

• Like 7

Man, I received a letter from nitrogen with some of the legendary seeds today too, I am truly humbled by the generosity, and I feel honoured.

There still exists a sense of community even in this fcked up world. I can imagine what this has cost you in postage. A living legend.

• Like 3

so thanks heaps nitrogen, I'm no less confused but I know where they cam from now

you are a legend regardless :worship:

Edited by DiscoStu

Man, I received a letter from nitrogen with some of the legendary seeds today too, I am truly humbled by the generosity, and I feel honoured.

There still exists a sense of community even in this fcked up world. I can imagine what this has cost you in postage. A living legend.

Got the seeds as well, thank you nitrogen so much! Others have already said everything that needs to be said way better than I ever could.

Cant wait to get these in a few takeaway containers.

You are a legend my friend

Edited by DeadStar

Also, gigantic respect to zelly who is obviously doing loads of unpaid and upraised work here too. I hope I have the chance to visit your garden one day zelly.

• Like 7

Alrighty everyone, the seeds are in the mail - woo!

The seed code is as follows:

1. Lumberjackus x TPM

2. Psycho0 x TPM

3. Sharxx Blue x TPM

4. TPM x Sharxx Blue

5. TPM x Huarazensis

6. Lumberjackus x Sharxx Blue

enjoy!

Bump

• Like 1

got my seeds today, i cant thank you enough!!!!! i too am bewildered by the amount of postage cost you must have beared. if you ever need anything dont hesitate to contact me, i am in your debt.

I noticed my first few popped today. A few TPM X Huaraz and Sharxx x TPM

Only 7 days and I'm sure not the most ideal germinating conditions...but here they are!!

Hello little ones!

Here's a few of the Sharxx X TPM pushing their way out

post-13887-0-54484300-1447978472_thumb.j

edited to add photo

post-13887-0-54484300-1447978472_thumb.jpg

post-13887-0-54484300-1447978472_thumb.jpg

Edited by CactEye

:lol: seeds landed safely this afternoon

Thank you for your generosity nitrogen, your a top bloke, Much respect too you :)

Hey guys im real curious as to what everyone thinks the approximate rate of mutation has been in these seeds in the past? 1/10? 1/2? I cant wait to get home because im pretty sure theyre there.

I haven't been home to see if mine have arruved yet, but I was thinking what if everyone who has recieved some of these seeds make a small donation to a charity that nitrogen can pick seeing as he is too awesome to accept anything in return?

• Like 2