The Corroboree
Pat Uri

Pityrodia salviifolia - Pat Uri's debutante

Oh dear folk - how lovely to say hello again and bring you songs, and secrets, and schemes! For I have been kidnapped by hostile tribes, upon whom I spied, until liberated by my warriors, for enormous ransom - as such I am worth! Whilst forced into their custody, and celebrating with them the capture of such as prize, as myself, the hostile tribes of the Crocodile's became drunk upon my magic and hypnotised by my singing and did not notice how I excited their young women...

(Reader's Discretion:- Text Edited - In short he craps on for half-an-hour about seducing 50 odd members of an 'enemy' tribes - not likely! - tee!hee!hee! Phaemon's Dog)

Anyways when I was little I was taken up these mountains, where the Local Elders would make "tea" by making a little fire to heat stones and dropping these stones into a "coolibah" bark dish of water and this one, that They called "Mountain Sage". - How they know this one called sage?

Yet they knew it as "sage" - the wise one.

It was taught to me as "sage" - the special mountain sage - at a time I had heard of no other 'sage"

It is strange that it is named Pityrodia salviifolia - but it rather hits the "nail on the head".

More soon'

Your mate'

Pat Uri

• Like 6

Great to have you back Pat. I missed your posts :) Do we have any more info on this? Nothing on the forums, as far as I can see.

Edited by at0m
  • Like 2

Yes so, this one they call Pityrodia salviifolia was special mountain "tea" to drink, for it only grew in places of Power.

In my turn, I knew of others who sought to smoke it. They found it powerful - in their way - as smoke. I'm sure it would be.

But I was only taught it as a drink, that opened the mind, a very "heady" experience

Yes my dear friends-of-forum; it is time to make good a few promises. No - Australia is not short on the topic of psychoactive plants.

Introducing Pityrodia salvifolia - SunriseDreaming Himself called it "Sage" even though he had never seen any Sally previously!

Yet the Queensland Brother Shaman could not wait to introduce it to Robert Brown.

Potent herb that in all respects deserves it's place in forum...as with Sally D. shall we not write history together my friends?

Cuttings soon - to all who can make it happen...Loves. And shine on for me! you beautiful things!

• Like 2

Shame I would have loved the 50 shades of grey included. Would LOVE cuttings if you get them going

:wub: :wub:

:wub:

Edited by whitewind
  • Like 1

Please tell us the story too! I love a good story!

• Like 1

Cuttings soon - to all who can make it happen...Loves. And shine on for me! you beautiful things!

If you're offering cuttings soon - I'm very interested :) Registering interest early!

• Like 1

Sozz - not much story to tell - hence why I appeal to forum to "note-this-well" for it may be in the future we answer this tale

Why Local Ancients knew the herb as "Sage" has me stuffed! There wasn't contact....surely..? 1810???

However - it certainly is active and is merely the first

• Like 1

Fascinating.. Would love a cutting if any are floating around. :drool2:

• Like 1

guess ill be taking the family for a little hike this weekend :)

cheers Mr Uri

• Like 1

("Phaemon's Dog" taking dictation from Pat Uri:- Hello Pat Uri - how is the head this morning/afternoon?)

Gidday Everyone! - Still celebrating my return to my country! - so I'm forced to use the neighbour's dog as my secretary today!

Knows my password anyway - bloody Dog!

Dog reminded me that:- 1) certain disclosures I made above have yet to go to Court, so best hush up, huh?

2) you people might like to know "dosages" of above...Good point Dog!...

Not much at all really. A couple of sprigs in a boiling billy of water - then taken straight off the heat, to cool, enough to sip hot in dixie cup with canteen of water - say 60g per litre - of freshly picked. Or sundried, it was usually gathered in April/Dry Season, for tea. Brewed only strong enough to taste very good and welcome. Effects within 20 min drunken as morning tea on top of mountain where it occurs.

Smoked, I've never seen a "3 paper" finished. Mind you - we knew nothing about vaporisation etc.

3) DOGS don't talk! Can't type either but...

(OK that's enough thanks Pat Uri...Just keep taking the pills, Pat...See you soon Good Folk....until I activate my avatar Phaemon's Dog)

• Like 7

I'm hoping to have a good set-up at my new place - I would love to get a cutting.

What's really exciting is how little is known about this plant.

Perhaps a thread in Australian Native Plants on this and related sp is called for - though there are very few papers on to go on. I've collected a few links here .

• Like 2

any info from people looking into this?

if you're in the area this would be a brilliant thing to be looking at

33zbitk.jpg

any info appreciated ;)

• Like 2

Ah yes very nice thank you. As you can see above there are two very distinct populations, confined to altitude with no range in between. This is very unusual in biological populations. I can assure you that it doesn't occur in the highlands around Mackay (Eungella, Finch Hatton, etc) as I spend some time kidnapped by the enemy tribes of that region some decades ago.

(What a time we had too! Grins all round! Beautiful country! I remember sitting on a cliff edge at sunrise, feet dangling over the edge, having the first smoke of the day and watching several hundred Richmond Birdwing butterflies feasting on the opening flowers of an enormous Pararistolochia praevenosa vine that dangled down from the trees above me to near the foot of the cliff. They were so close you could touch them. They were totally oblivious to me and carried on sipping nectar like iridescent green hummingbirds.

As I sung chants to them, 3 gorgeous young gins came with my breakfast and to beg me to start their cooking fire for the day, with my manly "thum-pup" - what you people call fire sticks - as only men carry them.

I could tell by the food they had prepared me, and the look in their lovely brown eyes, they were very excited to be hosting such a powerful captive as myself. So I sung for them over my breakfast as they massaged my shoulders and weaved little blue and red flowers in my hair and beard - which was very black back then - and were charmed by my voice and beautiful body...

Hold on folks = I'm digressing wildly here! Back to the botanics yes?)

So presumably the ancient populations were connected in the time of the great Landsborough sandstone's deposition and became separated by the great Pioneer River's erosion to form the Pioneer Valley onto the coast. Hence it is a very old and very powerful species and bears very little relationship with other Pityrodia spp. You see this also expressed in its well drifted genetic sequence in one of those fine scientific papers above.

So it was rather an outstanding choice to found the Genus upon. None of the other's are like it at all and have probably evolved from it since. None of the others are poisonous either - which is a good sign for the overall health effects of this plant. I've certainly consumed enough to know it isn't! Afraid I can not say too much about it in pregnancy and lactation as it was a men's magic. It doesn't contain thujone either.

Now I'm assured that here as avatars in forum we are like the angels, neither black nor white, neither male nor female, neither given or taken in marriage, and so the normal restrictions of Earth women prying into men's secrets don't apply here. But if there are any women of totem crocodile out there - be ashamed because the moon will take you for your disobedience. You have been warned!

That lazy PhaemonsDog should have climbed those mountains by now to gather you people some cuttings, but all the lazy shit has done is make me look at loads of paperwork to identify it to species. Not good enough! He thinks he'll get out of the work - but he won't. All I see is picture of that scraggly red stemmed proper rubbish one and not the one I want him to get. The bum should have kept mine alive when he sampled it twenty years ago now. To completely confirm it I need to see its living aura and not some monitor reproduction!

No - there won't be anything much on the internet about it. No more than on any other aspect of australian black culture! Try looking up thum-pup, or even Byellee, or for that matter the whole Goeng-Goeng nation! No they are too busy building megaports, ruining the harbour and treating us like proper rubbish! Hence why I write to this forum, to preserve a little while I can.

So thank you for reading this and I shall tell you some more soon. SAB shall have exclusive use of this one! Thank you Mr T! and folk. And all the good people above for their links and maps and things - because I am still learning this computer thing and that dog won't be back for a bit.

Respect! and Peace! Most High Spirit bless you.

Edited by Pat Uri
  • Like 12

Would also appreciate cuttings Pat. Also can you describe effects??

Edited by in_spirit
  • Like 1

This is very exciting!

Definitely so much about native species that we do not know (or more correctly, most of us do not know).

Any further info Pat?

Edited by glimpse

This interests me quite a deal. Does it seed? Takes quite some time to get a living specimen or cutting here as it must move and be sustained many places along the way. I pray for seeds.