The Corroboree
GregKasarik

Transcendent Compounds - Hunger Strike for Religious and Spiritual Freedom - 2012

I have changed my mind about Greg, and I now see him as the postmodern equivalent of an ancient Israelite prophet.

have the media actually been contacted Greg? i missed that part..

you could greatly improve chances by creating a buzz yourself, crucially you would need as much footage as you can get, which will increases the chances of getting some short sections of suitable material

we need lots of stuff of greg skinny but lucid, smacking down puppets of the status quo with his radical theories, doing the acid at parliament, and saying lot's of stuff about freedom and then getting dragged awy by 1984-esque cops in black uniforms

also there is a good chance your actions on the 12th will be taken more seriously this time, and i think you can expect to see some LEO, which is even more reason to have people quietly filming in the background.

nearly everyone has cameras on their phones now, there is no reason all your discussions and actions should not be recorded , it seems like such a waste

I am amazed you haven't had more practical support given all the fuss some people made about how important it was that everyone unquestioningly support you... where are all these people now?

I honestly can't believe it, even if I hated Greg if I lived there I would be popping in there and recording this stuff every couple of days.

Edited by chilli
  • Like 5

Hunger Strike day 27! Due to increasingly severe bouts of dizziness and light headedness, I will not be out and about today. I am finding myself to be increasingly vague and clumsy, although I can still concentrate when required.

Tomorrow and Wednesday, I will be on the steps of the Victorian Parliament House (I'll be driven in on both days).

Wednesday will be the last day of the hunger strike! I am certainly looking forward to getting some food back into my stomach! :-)

also do you have a twitter account? i'm not down with the kids these days but apparently live tweeting things like this might attract some of attention. on your last day you should consider live tweeting your activity. i can imagine a headline like "guy live tweets acid trip after 28 days without food" would attract a lot of attention (if not from government, at least from people in the so called "twittersphere")

I am @gregkasarik on twitter, and have about 30 followers or so. Hopefully I'll get a few more as time goes by. I don't know if I'll be up to twittering the event on Wednesday, but I'll do my best. Typing onto a touch screen is problematic at worst, but while trippiing? :blink:

I have changed my mind about Greg, and I now see him as the postmodern equivalent of an ancient Israelite prophet.

Hopefully with less fire and brimstone! But I'm very much a voice crying out in the wilderness...

have the media actually been contacted Greg? i missed that part..

you could greatly improve chances by creating a buzz yourself, crucially you would need as much footage as you can get, which will increases the chances of getting some short sections of suitable material

I have made several attempts to contact the media, but they aren't really interested.

One journalist I spoke with expressed disappointment that I was not representing a group and was just acting alone. Apparently if I am formally representing a group these things carry more weight. After looking at my sign another complained that there were "too many big words on there", which really shows the level that they pitch their reporting at. That journalist was from The Age, so I'd hate to think what the Herald-Sun would think.

At this stage, I am actually quite content with no media coverage and won't be putting out a press release for Wednesday. The problem is that while some sections of the media are warming to the idea of drug law reform, it is still very patchy and LSD is currently under a cloud thanks to that idiot police officer who incorrectly said that that kid had died from an LSD overdose.

My main audience for Wednesday are the politicians and the community of users. With the former, I intend to demonstrate that LSD is perfectly safe, while exercising my rights under the Victorian Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities. For the latter, I intend to show that we can challenge the status quo. I hope to motivate them to join me in standing up for their freedoms. I have big plans from here, but without the support of others, it will all come to naught.

Certainly, the media may pick up on what I am doing, but that could easily backfire. Best let sleeping dogs lie for the moment. That way we can organise properly so that we are much better prepared for hostile media attention when we do hit the public spotlight.

we need lots of stuff of greg skinny but lucid, smacking down puppets of the status quo with his radical theories, doing the acid at parliament, and saying lot's of stuff about freedom and then getting dragged awy by 1984-esque cops in black uniforms

also there is a good chance your actions on the 12th will be taken more seriously this time, and i think you can expect to see some LEO, which is even more reason to have people quietly filming in the background.

nearly everyone has cameras on their phones now, there is no reason all your discussions and actions should not be recorded , it seems like such a waste

I am amazed you haven't had more practical support given all the fuss some people made about how important it was that everyone unquestioningly support you... where are all these people now?

I honestly can't believe it, even if I hated Greg if I lived there I would be popping in there and recording this stuff every couple of days.

I think that you'll find that there is always a great discrepancy between the practical support offered and the positive vibes and well wishing that goes on. One is easy, but the other takes time and effort. It certainly would have been nice to get some more help, but if people still want to help they can. I haven't gone without food for this long simply to turn my back and wander off! :)

Having said this, I have had the support of some really amazing people through this journey. Intriguingly most of the support has come from people who I have only known for a short space of time. Nick Wallis, who does the Enpsychedelia (http://enpsychedelia...ychedelia/blog/) podcast stepped in to offer me a place to stay (as did a girl, who I met on the very first day). Others such as Vine Voice have been regular attendees and have made great efforts to stay in touch and see how I have been doing.

I've been on Nick's podcast three times now, and will probably be on the next few as well. He has been a professional radio host and it really shows through in the quality of his voice, questions and editing.

I had someone interview me on camera, when I was tripping on the 28th, but am not sure when that footage will be made available. Sadly, other offers of filming never actually materialised and my own efforts to put up Youtube videos floundered on my own lack of experience and too many other things to do.

Still, it is early days yet. In doing this, hopefully I have planted a seed and demonstrated my commitment to pushing forward and fighting for the legal rights for us all to make educated decisions about our own consciousnesses and what we value.

Also, given our somewhat antagonistic history, I really appreciate your positivity about what I am doing. It means a lot to me! :wub:

• Like 3

Hey cool stuff Greg! Glad you're still doing well and even if you're dizzy and vague, still able to make an articulate and intelligent post. Thanks for the mention; I would have liked to come in more, but work and family are keeping me busy right now. I hope to leave work early on Wednesday to come in, and hopefully it'll be a larger gathering. I've been loving the interviews you're doing with Nick, and he is a very professional radio host. It was a good opportunity to get some footage and interviews, and aside from Nick there hasn't really been much. I would love to film or record a bit with you on Wednesday if you want, keep up the brilliant work mate!

Greg have you thought about how your going to rehabilitate your self (read return your self to healthy weight)? I'd imagine a controlled staggered calorie controlled diet.

You did it! Congratulations Greg!

• Like 1

This was a very impressive protest, well played Greg. You got attention, and didn't make such a huge palaver to get yourself arrested. I sincerely hope you did get plenty of footage of the protest, because I think there is still a lot of mileage to be made. I assume it would be freely available to use, so long as the contect is made clear? I'd love to get my hands on some. The fact that you took illegal substances for personal reasons on the steps of Parliament House and "got away with it" while advertising the fact in front of politicians and the police force is really something that the community can use effectively in the future, and is something to find good heart about. There really is a difference between using them recreationally (which is what the laws are actually targeting) and for spiritual use, and what you have achieved is pretty amazing. Congratulations, and much respect.

• Like 2

Oh and go easy on your first meal, it will probably make you very sick!

This was a very impressive protest, well played Greg. You got attention, and didn't make such a huge palaver to get yourself arrested. I sincerely hope you did get plenty of footage of the protest, because I think there is still a lot of mileage to be made. I assume it would be freely available to use, so long as the contect is made clear? I'd love to get my hands on some. The fact that you took illegal substances for personal reasons on the steps of Parliament House and "got away with it" while advertising the fact in front of politicians and the police force is really something that the community can use effectively in the future, and is something to find good heart about. There really is a difference between using them recreationally (which is what the laws are actually targeting) and for spiritual use, and what you have achieved is pretty amazing. Congratulations, and much respect.

Did you go whitewind? What kind of stuff happened?

I hope you're still alive and kicking Greg - there hasn't been any word from you. I hope you have had some time to sit down and relax, as well as think about your achievements and future goals. Kind regards - CBL. :)

• Like 1

People have been wondering what I have been up to since I finished the Hunger Strike. I recovered fine and have put back on quite a bit of the weight that I lost.

I did hit something of a wall in the aftermath (which had more to do with personal circumstances and recurring depression than the effects of not eating for 28 days) and have taken a bit of time to get myself back on my feet. However, I am lucky enough to be supported by some really outstanding people (some who are here) and am now feeling much more energised and once again prepared to go out and do battle with the forces of authoritarian nastiness.

Some of these really outstanding people are going to be joining me on the next phase as we ramp things up a bit on Drug Law Reform here in Victoria. Expect more news in the next few weeks.

• Like 6