The Corroboree
Bert&Ernie

Named Clones Database Discussion Thread

brilliant idea :)

Can we also acknowledge like other plant people that a clone can only carry its clone name if it is propagated vegetatively that seeds must be referenced as the CLONE NAME OP (standing for open pollinated). That or CLONE NAME x whatever.

• Like 3

Alright Stillman, just added some remarks about that in the first post. Will clean up this thread later on so dont be surprised if all posts but the descriptions disapear at a certain point. But for now, people are actually free to post some more input about the template and anything that comes along with the database in this thread.

• Like 1

There are a few threads here that could be used for data. Bretloth's blog is good as well, but I don't think he has been around for a while...

he drops in but doesn't post much maybe pm him. His blog is excellent.

His blog is excellent.

Agreed. As is the Tricho Apprecation page that he started on FB. Hopefully he'll see this thread and contribute if he wants to.

• Like 1

excellent work!

what do you mean by "habitus"?

also chiral's growlog has a heap of photo's..

PD's gallery aswell.

Definitely need to get PD on this, that would be great.

Hi Guys, it doesnt take so many old photos to get this thing started. The good thing is that everybody who wants to publish a new name needs to post a few pictures when he does it. And theres a whole lot of older pics around and if there are people that want to share some of their pics, please let me know. But I will not take photos out of Chirals growlog, guys! I respect everybody´s copyright. Even Chirals. :wink:

You know, this is THE Chance to show off some of the australian Tricho clones that are very desired among most cactus enthusiasts in the whole world. I already know that this site will get a shitload of hits on google so feel free to share a few kickass pics for that. I already have some people in mind that will most hopefully be kind enough to share some of their great pics too. :innocent_n:

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 1

Hey guys! Nice thread EG

I was thinking about making growlogs or comparative shots of different strains for a long time now. The thread motivates me to get going too.

But I think it would be cool to see photos from different growers, different locations. Both serving as evidence of the distribution of the clone and showing the differences depending on where each clone lives.

Eileen must be the #1 , the most cult clone.

I have cloned this heavily, even spreading clones of it, but I havent really seen much or anything of, mostly due to overcloning, I haven't seen it get big. I have put one in the ground, but there's competition there and not so often watering.

I also got ROB & lance [cordobensis, hybrid w/ scop or even good scop , also coinceides with super pedro]

I am still not convinced rob is any different from lance in their traits. It should be interesting to see if those two would interbreed, proving they are not the same.

I also got ALF + OMAR , both pachanois that looks similar, but OMAR is rather faster grower . Not the fattest pachanoi phenotypes those two

I also got TIG, which is the most impressive clone for me so far, and I would like to wrtite for this entry, but I know nothing about the origin. Are there any other people who got TIG and are willing to share some photos of him? TIG is fatty for a bridgesii and in the 4 spines it makes per areole, it very often forms a characteristic shape, as two of the spines in each areole are directed downwards, something reported to be seen also in another famous bridgesii clone, PsychO, which I dont own.

Any infos about the background on TIG?

I also got Jess, a clone which is black rot positive, and is more thinny in phenotype than the fatty TIG.

I would also like to talk about "anus plant" [my temporary name]

a SAB sourced "pachanoi" KK2150 that goes monster on some limbs, it looks a bit like penis plant, but also looks like an ass.

I haven't observed this too much to describe the nature and habit of monstrosity, but I kind of feel like observing a strange and unique thing in the act. I got 3 monster limbs so far,

one has terminated the termination of the tip and started making areoles again, in monster habit so far , it is freshly rooted

one has been left on the mother plant and seems to also making areoles

one has stuck [so far] in a perfect anus shape

the clone has its own thread , and some pics too

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32085&hl=&fromsearch=1

Will try to take some shots today!

• Like 2

I think it could be a little broader than "clone's" I think varieta's could also be included. Stable lineages from specific localities like Icaro or Los Gentiles should also be included yeah?

Also maybe a field for AKA or possibly/probably Also Konwn As. Because there is probly a few out there of the same clone with more than one name.

Edited by shruman
  • Like 3

So if I put a pic up of a cut I have of a t scop I can name it my self?

What ability is there for people to add their own awesome pics of e.g. T. bridgesii 'Monstrose' which is a widely grown cultivar? Just supposing that I start the post and then bugger off after 3 months. Also what happens when there are name changes?

Edited by whitewind

you could name it T scop for sure. :wink:

Hehe I mean like My own cultivar like t scop jwerta?

i don't think putting up random plants and calling them a 'clone' is really tenable,

If you want to name a clone, you need to make sure it stays in cultivation and give away some cuttings! Please add information about where people can obtain a cutting. It only makes sense to create a database for plants that are IN CULTIVATION. This means that everyone who creates a name, needs to make sure its really a plant that people can actually get!

start sending out cuttings jwerta and maybe you could (hint hint)

• Like 1

The point of clone names is to mark an origin to an unique plant that can only be propagated by cutting or cell cloning not sexually . Unique in a tangible and stable way too may I add. Ie colour of spine, variegation, ethnobotanical merit etc etc. Otherwise we end up with a mess ie Lance / Rob / Super pedro Trichocereus cordobensis.

• Like 1

Okay thanks for clearing that up

http://www.shaman-au...es&fromsearch=1

hey there are a couple of good photos here

Icaro, Los gentiles, closeup for TIG's spine habit.

oh

this also, got a list of ozzie names too!

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23457&hl=clones&fromsearch=1

Edited by mutant

Hi Mutant, thanks for the link. Will be happy to take up on it and take some if your pictures into the database. I am also happy to write some of the descriptions myself but dont have most of the clones in my collection. Mutant, is it possible for you to measure some of the spine lenghts for the clones you have?

I wanna add that one of my projects is to take up Trouts Trichocereus Project Page and will also enclude the database on the site. The database will also contain known varieties such as the LOS GENTILES, SS02, SS03, and everything else that comes in mind. I am happy to enclude pictures of everyone here who wants to partake in the project and appreciate every single Trichocereus-Pic that we can put there so if you have a substantial collection of pictures, please let me know and i will enclude them in the site.

Btw, would be really keen to get some of the australian clones you got in your collection and would certainly send you some cool stuff back.

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 1

Hey EG, I am more than happy to help with any clones I might got and might provide enough description, only I know nothing on their backgrounds, sources etc. Sure I can measure spine lengths, in some clones.

P1070815.jpg

OMAR , Ozzie pachanoi, my biggest plant of this clone, not so much on the fat side.

P1070816.jpg

This is a fat blue peruvian that came with the highest recommendations, I am sure this clone is around more, probably in the USA, and maybe even got a name ['sierra blue' anyone? or the legendary true blue of Teotz? lol]

P1070817.jpg

Los Gentiles regrowth

P1070818.jpg

GNOSIS, ozzie sourced cuzco. I haven't cloned this at all, I am not sure what makes it special. Sure is a bit slower in growth rate, than say STEVE or other cuzcoids which are pretty fast compared to most peruvianoids.

P1070823.jpg

ROB, the scop / scopXpach [very similar to lance/cordobensis AKA super pedro]

P1070824.jpg

Ozzie scop, not really a named clone.

P1070825.jpg

"Euro scop" , a name I made up for this interesting clone.

read here

http://www.shaman-au...op&fromsearch=1

why it might be interesting and deserving a name.

P1070832.jpg

bridgesii '4 winds' . came with great recommendations.

P1070836.jpg

P1070835.jpg

and this is [last 2 photos] what the 'praktiker' bridgesii does with its ribs. not only it goes 4 rib, but it changes to 3 for a little white.

PS: hey EG consider this a general discussion / notes until you decide how to proceed. I got some ideas how to make this project take off.

F.e.

what is known as "NZ pachanoi" is very reminiscent of pachanoi kk339 . we could include this note in the description of the clone.

notes as these could be good stuff to include

or

ozzie scop, the spineless version is pretty common in Oz. There exist a named clone that supposedly is pretty fattier than normal called "Hulk"

maybe I am just imagining another side-project: defining the phenotypes in the species we are collecting.

What's the fattest pachanoi? Yowie?

Edited by mutant
  • Like 1

Wow, nice plants! Where is the pic of this "TIG" clone though? I didn't see it in those links..

Your 4-winds bridgesii looks very much like an SS02 btw