The Corroboree
Bread Filter

Catching a Thief - drumthumper001

For those that don't know I was ripped off $200 by forum member drumthumper101 for a cactus I bought from him.

http://www.shaman-au...showtopic=31551

I have repeatedly, politely and patiently given drumthumper001 the chance by phone, PM, and through his Facebook page to do the right thing but he has continually ignored me.

It is has now been over 6 months since he ripped me and I have finally decided that enough is enough so today I messaged his band through Facebook. He plays in a band called the Bum City Thrashers and lives in Sydney.

This is the message I sent to his band:

Hey Guys.

I am hoping you can help me resolve this issue so that were are all happy with the outcome.

I have been attempting to contact your drummer ******* ***** for some time now as he defrauded me over an online Cactus sale for $200. I deposited the money into his bank account and he told me he would send the cactus I purchased but obviously he never did.

I have been more than understanding and given him ample chances to rectify this situation but he has ignored my good nature and taken advantage of the situation.

I was hoping that maybe you guys could have a talk to him for me and see if you can get him to do the right thing and just refund my money? There would be no more questions asked and no repercussions.

Let me know what you guys think and feel free to contact me at any time for the details that I have collected to verify that I am telling the truth.

Thanks.

If any forum members have any ideas on how to recoup my money could they please help? I will be more than happy to pay you $100 if you can pull it off. I am not interested in violence, threats of violence, intimidation, harassment or even name calling. I would like to resolve this so that we are all happy so the guy knows that can't treat good people like that.

Failing that my mates and I are going to go to their next gig and we are going to throw shoes at the drumthumper001 all night long.

Edited by Bread Filter
  • Like 4

maybe you can talk to your bank about a charge back, although that may bring a level of authority in that you're not comfortable with. something I'd contact the bank about anyway, for info/future reference sake if nothing else.

• Like 1

maybe you can talk to your bank about a charge back, although that may bring a level of authority in that you're not comfortable with. something I'd contact the bank about anyway, for info/future reference sake if nothing else.

Interesting. I didn't realise I could do that from a bank deposit. I thought that was a credit card thing. Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. I'll talk to the bank tomorrow and the $100 is yours if it works.

• Like 1

threaten the band with posting bad reviews of their performances. even send them an example. they'll make him pay. he's not going to get away. it might take a while, but i am sure you'll get your money back eventually. you also have to make a reputation thread about him.

violence, threats of violence, intimidation, harassment and name calling is all I got. But T may be on to something, pressure his band mates I quite like that.

threaten the band with posting bad reviews of their performances. even send them an example. they'll make him pay. he's not going to get away. it might take a while, but i am sure you'll get your money back eventually. you also have to make a reputation thread about him.

I made a trader review thread for him 6 months ago. It in the OP here.

I have mates in the music industry and we have some plans cooking if they continue to screw me. I haven't got a reply from the Bum City Thrashers yet :(

Bad reviews are definitely a good idea T. That's easy to do as well.

You are an absolute legend qualia. I just started the charge back process through my bank.

The said the refund can take up to 90 days but when I get it the $100 is yours.

Thanks again.

Because drumthumper001 was such a prick he is getting shoes thrown at him on stage for sure. I might even print up some T-shirts.

• Like 1

Because drumthumper001 was such a prick he is getting shoes thrown at him on stage for sure. I might even print up some T-shirts.

Shoes??, i was thinking rotten eggs,lol.

I don't think the whole band should be penalized for drumthumper001's rip off antics , unless the rest of the band were in on it. But if going through the other band members is/was the only way to get action , then a bad review threat wouldn't be too bad.

So is it 100% certain you are getting your money back through the bank Bread Filter?. I hope so.

I don't know how people can just rip people off like that. Don't they have a conscience.Grrr!

:)

Shoes??, i was thinking rotten eggs,lol.

I don't think the whole band should be penalized for drumthumper001's rip off antics , unless the rest of the band were in on it. But if going through the other band members is/was the only way to get action , then a bad review threat wouldn't be too bad.

So is it 100% certain you are getting your money back through the bank Bread Filter?. I hope so.

I don't know how people can just rip people off like that. Don't they have a conscience.Grrr!

:)

Shoes are easier to source at gigs as I like to remove them from crowd surfers. It teaches them not to get up there again. If they do then I take their socks.

No idea whether the bank charge back is 100%. I'll let you guys know.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that you got ripped off, but I fail to see why the band should suffer bad reviews, items thrown on stage or industry blacklisting simply because of one member who has deceived you in a transaction entirely unrelated to the group. The rest of the band have absolutely no obligation to assist you, and by hanging threats over them (or even plotting to do so) is poor form. By all means, go to their next gig, and confront the guy directly, face to face, but there's no need to bring others down as well. It's none of their business, nor their responsibility.

• Like 1

Bum City Thrashers, eh? At the moment, this thread is toward the end of the first poage of google results when you type in the band's name. Will this thread climb higher up the google search results if we mention Bum City Thrashers more? I'm not sure how google ranks its results.

Bum City Thrashers.

• Like 5

Bum City Thrashers, eh? At the moment, this thread is toward the end of the first poage of google results when you type in the band's name. Will this thread climb higher up the google search results if we mention Bum City Thrashers more? I'm not sure how google ranks its results.

Bum City Thrashers.

Wow. I didn't know it worked like that. Still I gave Bum City Thrashers a chance to reply and they ignored me.

Where are they playing?

get on their facebook page. A few pix of the drummer. im sure someone will run into him.

This is the text that shows on Google.

Catching a Thief - drumthumper001 - The Corroboree

www.shaman-australis.com › ... › CommunityChill Space

3 posts - 2 authors - yesterday

He plays in a band called the Bum City Thrashers and lives in Sydney. This is the message I sent to his band: Hey Guys. I am hoping you can ...

I think you should change the text after Bum City Thrashers to:

He plays in a band called the Bum City Thrashers and lives in Sydney. He is a complete scoundrel and money scammer and he's got it coming. This is the message I sent to his band: Hey Guys. I am hoping you can ...

Of course, we need a carrot too. Tell him we will change the title of the thread and the content to "Bum City Thrashers Are Awesome" if he coughs up the $200, plus donates a minimum of $50 to PRISM

Well what do you know? I just got an email from drumthumper001 offering to refund my money!

does this mean i don't get my $100? :wink:

Well what do you know? I just got an email from drumthumper001 offering to refund my money!

c

confirm when you actually get it..

If you are going to launch shoes at him make sure they are a size 12 steel cap Blundstone.

Oops just saw the above posts. Maybe the steel caps are a no no.

Edited by Gollum

Looks like my message to his band was what did the trick. They ignored me until I decided to post my letter to them on their public wall.

I must say I am stoked with Bum City Thrashers response to this and must now say that Bum City Thrashers are awesome! Not one of their members though.

drumthumper001 has claimed to have sent my Loph today by express post. Unfortunately he says it is in bad shape now so I am quite concerned :( He has thankfully offered to refund my money but has asked me to be patient so I am a bit concerned after his track record. I will send the Loph back to him as soon as I get my refund as I am not trying to rip him off.

Do you guys feel I am within my rights to ask for a refund and return the Loph?

Due to the fact that it was my Facebook intervention and not the charge back that has hopefully settled this, are you ok qualia if I don't send you the $100? If you still want it then I understand.

Due to the fact that it was my Facebook intervention and not the charge back that has hopefully settled this, are you ok qualia if I don't send you the $100? If you still want it then I understand.

lol, ok i guess i'll just have to manage

lol, ok i guess i'll just have to manage

Send me your details and I'll send you a money order mate. I am a man of my word. I could be waiting a while for drumthumper001 though.