The Corroboree
whitewind

Cannabis more damaging to under-18s, study suggests

Lol, I was a heavy cannabis user since the age of 12 and had an IQ test when I was about 26 and scored 144, (even smoked a few cones of kronic in the car before going into the psychologists office). So that must mean I should have an IQ of ‘at least’ 154, idiots! Some of the wealthiest people I know are complete dim wits. It’s a stable & supportive environment as a child that produces a well-adjusted and successful adult, which cannabis users don’t usually get, because of how cannabis & cannabis users are stigmatised within our society. IQ has very little to do with it, imo.

My yuppi family members are convinced I’m fascinated with evolution and don’t care less about the footy because of the evil weed. Doesn’t matter how much I tell them that “not everybody is obsessed with football and the bible”, they are convinced!

Anyway, the majority of people who start heavy cannabis use from a young age are poly drug users (usually alcohol) and come from disadvantaged backgrounds. How can they possibly know it wasn’t alcohol, bad diet or environmental factors that affected their basic intelligence?

This study has obviously been manipulated to confirm a preconceived opinion. Just political science at it’s best.

"Lol, I was a heavy cannabis user since the age of 12 and had an IQ test when I was about 26 and scored 144, (even smoked a few cones of kronic in the car before going into the psychologists office). So that must mean I should have an IQ of ‘at least’ 154"

Lol so maths was'nt in the IQ test?, shouldn't that be 152?

• Like 3

lol, I guess it just goes to prove that IQ doesn’t mean shit.

Everybody has days when they’re on the ball or days when there tired and drained, which would obviously significantly affect the score. It really isn’t an effective way to test a person basic intelligence.

Edited by jabez

please consider the children!

Look at Carl Sagan, he's been credited by some as one of the greatest thinkers of the last century and he actually credits a lot of his higher reasoning to marijuana use.

wow, I never suspected Carl Sagan to be stoner. I think some one on hear recently posted a youtube audio clip where Graham Hancock asks him if he would ever consider taking psychedelics and he gives the most text book reductionist intellectual response (oh yeah maybe mescaline or lsd coz huxley did it and I consider myself as sophisticated as him, ah but actually you can get the same effect with electromagnets and meditation so no I won't go near those nasty drugs). Maybe I need to be more accepting but that guys confidence in his scientific pardigm really annoys me...

"i've never taken lsd but i know you can the same effect with something i've also never done so whatevs."

Hmm if you can get the same effect from big electromagnets and meditation I need to find myself one of those machines, probably the same price as a kilo of rocking horse shit though.

I've seen loads of kids with a crack pipe in their mouth, rather than a joint, as their first drug experience these days - MJ and whatever harm it may bring is a piss in the ocean compared to the damage ice is causing to our youth... Not to mention ADHD meds prescribed willy nilly - legally to extremely young children.

That was Dawkins. But yeah, it was good to see that he had an open mind about it.

Oops your right, my apologies to Mr Sagan :)