The Corroboree
Bigred

brisbane meet 15 september

Can't make this one... but the next one will be locked in as soon as the date is set.

we will be kicking of at one i will be there around twelve to set up hope to see you all there. Try to bring a few friends and a few nibbles will be bringing a small bbq

does any one need a lift pm me or have trouble getting there on the day call 0403423959

I should try and get around to spending more time interacting on this forum, I joined some time ago but have been a bit lost in my own world for a few months.

I live in Northern NSW, couple of hours south of the border, about 5 hours from Brisbane, maybe a bit less time now they have done a few upgrades on the pacific highway I gues, furthest north I've been for a couple of years now is the gold coast, I've been a bit of a hermit.

Point is, I'm about ready to come out of my shell again and feel the need to step outside and "find the others".

So even though it's quite a drive, I am seriously considering making the effort and coming to this Brisbane meeting (which is now tomorrow - so I am totally acting on last minute impulse.

My partner and I walked away from the corporate mainstream culture a few years ago and have been focused on surviving with our own food growing and participating in the capitalist system as little as is possible when you have a teenage daughter in high school (now TAFE) and 4 cats to feed :)

I left the building industry and just sort of dropped out and have been slowly eroding my savings as I expanded my consciousness and my partner is a primary school teacher and is the driving force behind our veggie garden.

way too much to explain here and now but I guess what I am doing is reaching out to the local (ish) community for some social contact with like minded people.

Would we be welcome to just turn up at the Brisbane get together ? (even if we don't make it tomorrow it would be good to plan on making it next month).

Are there any meetups or community events that happen in NNSW ?

• Like 1

Of course mate. Everyone's welcome, and we're a good bunch of people, so I'm sure you'll be made to feel right at home.

Edited by gtarman

well I just checked google maps, it says its 270 ks from me, will take 3 1/2 hours each way. have to talk the missus into the idea now,.. i'm working on it, this feels an important thing to do for some reason.

everyone is welcome the more the merrier I would love to see you there hope you can make it i will be there at twelve

well hope everyone can make it i will be there at twelve we are having a charcoal bbq with satay chicken yumo and there will be plenty of cuttings and seeds to trade

Is it TODAY??? My partner and I are keen - I thought it was next weekend!!? If it's today than I'll be super bummed (besides don't want to make first impressions while in the middle of benzo withdrawals) :(

Have ensured next weekend is totally clear for a meet!

Argh, sorry if I got confused with the dates and missed the meet - hoping it's next weekend and just my fubar brain misreading the posts.

Next weekend: Be there with bells on! :lol:

Doh - should have read the full thread - confused with the Gold Coast meet thread :rolleyes:

RIP gem's brain :blink:

I don't think I'll make it to this one sorry guys, I'm rooted, got work again later on. Fatigue FTW :angry:

Next time though hopefully.

i really want to make sure the ball gets rolling with these brisbane get-togethers. today my trailer connection and trailer lights thwarted me, spent half the day fixing the prick (i recommend you not buy these from super cheap auto).

hope it went well and, once again, if anybody wants to see a meet at the gold coast or whatever, it's really as simple as posting a time and location.

Blew it, woke up at 9.15 and just couldn't get there, bummer.

will keep my eyes open for postings of future meets, really need some socializing soon.

was a lovely day heaps of good vibes we will be going back to mount cootha next month and we will be changing it to a sunday and thanks to all the people that came we need as much support as possible to get it off the ground

Edited by bigred82

I could hopefully make a Sunday. How was the turn out?

the next one will be held on a Sunday as it will be better for all concerned i have work and so does my brother . We need numbers to help keep this going otherwise

its going to die out . any way will advise of the next location and date soon hope to see you all at the next meet

I'll need to apply for furlow, but i should be good to go.

What date will that be? the 6th?

it will be on 14th of October up at mount cootha hope everyone can make it if you need a lift catch the train to toowong and i will pick you up on my way to the bbq

I'll put in for leave the 14th

As long as there is day light i'm happy to drive, gives me the opportunity to carry stuff.

same location bigred? i will try to bring a stack of those dangerous plastic chairs or something.

as usual, put your order in for unlimited free pots, pot trays and seedling trays and i will deliver.

one seat on offer from anywhere around north brisbane.

Thanks to everyone for coming out to the last meet - was great to reconnect again.

Bigred - Thanks for helping me start the car. It turned out that my alternator was almost dead at that point, so I didn't get to far!

I should be free for the next meet and I'll try to bring some homemade haloumi. I'll also put an offer out for anybody needing a lift on the east side of Brisbane

Sorry again for the late bail last time guys. That's a VERY rare occurrence for me. I'm organizing to get the 14th off tomorrow - no letting fatigue or such nonsense stop me this time..just had a holiday too, so won't be a problem!

Should have plenty of time to get some goodies together for pass-arounds B)