The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
gtarman

My experiences with Kava...

Hey guys...thought I'd put up another one similar to my dream-plants thread, but for Kava.

I bought some Kava extract tablets (http://www.myhealthstore.com.au/thompsons-kava-2400.html) a while back after hearing some great things about it, but like many other such instances, I found that (at least with this method of ingestion) the hype was not lived up to...in fact pretty much all I experienced was a mild headache, even on much higher doses than recommended.

Anybody else have experience with this plant that could perhaps shed a little more light on it?

Get the real stuff - not the tablets or the Fijian stuff, but the good strains from Vanuatu/New Caledonia.

It is the business.

The End.

• Like 1

come to the meet bro, there will be instant kava to "discuss". i don't think those tablets are meant to make you feel much, they're supposed to aid with anxiety rather than get you high. i suspect you could "feel something" if you took enough tablets, but they are extremely expensive which may explain why any other form of kava is illegal.

as far as headaches, yeah, i feel a bit shady sometimes after kava, which is one of the two reasons i rarely drink it.

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 1

i remember my friend bought some back from a funeral where they made it from the roots was really tastey

Fresh, good quality kava is tasty IMHO.

I concur with extract versus prepared root.

AFAIK it is still legal to bring back 2kg with you from a holiday to a Pacific island like Fiji or Vanuatu, otherwise Schedule 4.

Tried the Thompsons 1/day for two months after 30 days I tried 6 at one time to no avail, then after 60 days I tried 10 at one time which at 35 mg per tablet should be (i think) about the strength of an average?? cup of Kava brew....... again a big fat NOTHING. I have given myself a couple of months break from any and all medication since but I kind of slightly feel there might have possibly been a very, very minor benefit :wacko:from taking the dailymicrodose??

Edited by eatingsand