The Corroboree
gtarman

Calea Z. and Silene Capensis...anybody else not notice any effects?

careful guys they might make cheese illegal

Sigh.

Edited by shonman

maybe we should have a bath in molten cheese and drink it, here in Austria we have many wonderful cheese from the mountains

Hardcore explorers or dream staes might wanna consider working with Amanita muscaria , were legal.

The full on dissociative experience resembles lucid dreaming a lot.

I always found that double awakening shit very scary, not by own experience, the oneirogenic activity in my head has been very limited [or the recollection of it, who knows] for many years. I still find it very strange what people do in their dreams. I had a friend watching a dream where they put him on fire, then he [false] awakens and his bed is on fire, and he jumped from the balkony 5 stores high!

Well he did not, it was dream , and before crashing he cried "mom!!!" and woke up. He was like 25 years old then, so crying for his mom is pretty indicative of the terror.

Fuck what do you guys dream about? Sick

I agree false awakening is the most scary.

i laid in the bed and was about to be murdered, i said to myself this is a dream, wake up, so i woke up.

what a relieve, just a dream, and than i saw the person to kill me again, wake up, wake up, this time it's the real world...

That waking up in the dream is strange.

I gave a friend if mine, who is older and a veteran, a Calea Z. Plant

(because I really don't know what to do with these, they propagate so easily when young anyway)

I said....Aztec Dream Herb.....helped you have very real dreams...

He said...No F'N way am I eating that, with the dreams I get after the war....

He is a great guy though, I can only imagine what he has seen.

Waking dreams have happened to me a few times, but were more friendly.

I have heard,

It may be possible to try to make this happen,

By going to bed very thirsty.

You may dream of getting a glass of water, and get up to go get in in your dreams

I just woke up and walked around the house, in my dream.....I thought I was awake...it really seemed that way!

Then I woke up,

You know what I mean!

Once it happened twice!

I woke up, after thinking I was awake in the dream,

And...then.....I REAlLLY woke up?

Edited by shonman

absolutely, false awakening is horrible, I had it in in the lucid dreams of belladonna-fruits a long time ago

As far as I know, I'm still in a dream.

Can one of you guys help me wake the f*ck up?

• Like 2

I got some calea recently and have tried small amounts in tea but haven't gotten any effects. I'm going to try upping the dosage significantly and reducing the liquid to give it a fair go, but I am suspicious that mary jane might be inhibiting its effects.

^^ good luck. And I mean that at least semi-sincerely...I've upped dosage to ridiculous levels before and got zilch. So I'm thinking either the consensus in this thread is correct, and there is an active strain - and an inactive strain, that is much more common...or the whole thing is placebo and Chinese whispers.

I dunno, I've heard so many positive responses to it that it's hard to dismiss easily. Day 5, still no dreams. I don't normally have/remember dreams to start with though, so that doesn't say too much - I'm hoping to climb my way up from rock bottom dream recall here really.

I'm increasing the dosage a bit, but I'm hoping to get a cumulative effect of some sort so I don't need to have a tonne at once or anything. At the moment I'm having a small handful of calea in each nightly batch, simmered with some sleepy tea of sorts (has valerian, scullcap, catnip, passionflower, peppermint, strawberry leaf and maybe 1 or 2 other herbs) in a pot for a good 15 mins to end up with one cup or so of liquid.

Doesn't taste too bad with the other tea added. Right now I'm trying it with honey added, and it's actually pretty tasty. I'll keep you guys posted on if I get anything out of this dream-wise, but even if it doesn't this brew sure as hell puts me to sleep.

I might try making a tincture out of one of the bags to try a bit further along the track, to see if it's an improvement or not.

If nothing else I'll have fun experimenting :)

Scarecrow - I tried 0.5 Grams of the 10x extract and that was enough that I could feel my heart beat. I think people are missing the 'active dose' marker of being able to feel and sense your heartbeat with Calea - if you can't, have more, and if you still can't, have more, and more, and more until you can. If that doesn't work and you've exhausted your stash - I'd try it from somewhere else because you might not have Calea. It feels like a gentle hot flushing and a distinct heart beat feeling. Nothing like an adrenaline heart beat, but it's noticeable.

0.5 grams of 10x extract (by itself in a capsule with a glass of water), tried it 3 times and all 3 times it was like a sheet of kaleidoscopic tinsel fabric wrapped my mind and I was off into full lucid dreaming. I've had to use 7-8 grams of dried leaf to get an effect.

I know the heartbeat sensation, I've had it before. Gave me some VERY mild closed eye visuals (nondescript blobs of colour shifting around), but it has never led to any more dreaming than usual (usual being none whatsoever).

I've made a tincture out of one bag now, hopefully that will work better. I might try it out tonight (it's been soaking for over a week now), with tea and a half a shot of tincture or so.

Yum! haha - It's one of the most bitter substances I've ever had (Andrographis is up there)... Let us know how you go!

Aw, it's not that bad. You've obviously never drank a chinese medicine herb brew.

Hell, with some peppermint and honey it's damn near palatable

It sounds like you got the 'false Calea'

Even by chinese medicine and ayurveda standards Calea and Andrographis are among the most bitter medicines in existence, lol.

Andrographis is called 'The King of Bitters' for a reason, and Calea is equally bitter but with a nicer buttery flavor.

It sounds like you got the 'false Calea'

Even by chinese medicine and ayurveda standards Calea and Andrographis are among the most bitter medicines in existence, lol.

Andrographis is called 'The King of Bitters' for a reason, and Calea is equally bitter but with a nicer buttery flavor.

I'm pretty sure it's active, it definitely knocks me out pretty quick. I actually got some effects last night; I woke up with that sensation of knowing you were just dreaming about something coherent, but I couldn't remember what it was. I'm starting to think my dream recall is probably the real issue here.

And I didn't say it's not bitter :P

What I meant to say is: When you start mixing chinese herbs together you get some truly awful flavors. Learning to overcome those before trying Calea may have skewed my judgement

• Like 1

I believe the false calea z. is rare in oz, or even non excist.

America had lot's of false calea issues, we ozzies did never...

I usually say...."I dont drink this for the tast!"

Edited by shonman

so no one here suggests ambitious dream-o-nauts should experiment with non-drug ways to help oneirogen activity and recollection?

I do

go and read up on a lusid dreaming site. Take notes, before you sleep, after you wake up. Take a time before you sleep and try to think about it.

and stuff like that

like I said, no experience with dreams really, but hey, I dont believe it works only by taking the blue pill. Not with minor psychoactives

also, get Coleus

Edited by mutant
  • Like 1

Yes mutant! Very good point indeed.

Mutant.....I just figured everyone had done that already, but is it a good idea....

Especially, when combined with plants, too.....

Some have said.....

Go to sleep thirsty, you will dream of getting water, then maybe wake up in your dream

Mutant.....I just figured everyone had done that already, but is it a good idea.... Especially, when combined with plants, too..... Some have said..... Go to sleep thirsty, you will dream of getting water, then maybe wake up in your dream

dream u need a piss then umm ya too drunk :wacko: can any1 cum in there dreams :scratchhead::unsure:

bullit some people do all kinds of strange things in their dreams