The Corroboree
gtarman

Brisbane meet, Saturday August 25th

remember the chip factory that was there accross the road is a small park ideal for our needs

and i just thought if we had alot of people or bring alot of people a keg is only 40 liters

and if we had only fifty people thats around 3 beers a piece its just i have to return the keg to the brewery

so i dont want it to go to waste

Edited by bigred82
  • Like 1

was a bit more bust today than i thought id be. had a look round there though. to me the best place is as has always been - simpsons falls. alot of area to choose a good sopt, lots of BBQ's, tables ammenities, privacy, and easy access. not too many people there at all (nice contrast to all other area's up there today).

if the old chip factory is that building i felt it might be, just down from JC slaughter falls, then that park will be silky something (oak?) park. it's normally quiet there, but not today. there was a kids go-cart race going on there, the place was packed (we are planning a saturday, wonders the events there on any saturday), also, there was no toilets there but there was wood BBQ's and shelter / tables.

there was ok area's round near channel 7 and in between channel 7 and 9, with amenities, BBQ, tables, etc. however, i didnt think they were very private. the road was almost on top of those area's i thought.

the gardens i didnt go into tady, will check out that suggested area on monday / tuesday =)

so far, my preference goes to simpsons falls.

Cool, I'm happy with Simpsons Falls. Sounds like you've sussed it out pretty well.

I'd also say it's pretty much your call to make now, seeing as you're the one who went to the trouble of scoping it out. No use all of us sitting around and hypothesizing until nothing happens :-)

and slowly it all comes together =P if there still confusion on how to get there, it's like, the second eft i think past JC slaughter falls. it is signed.

• Like 1

see you there

Have fun boys wish I could make it.

i personally endorse this produce and/or service. i'll be there with clothes on.

Well thats no fun at all damn you.

If i can make my way down from maryborough what are the chances of someone picking me up from a traino... Although dunno if i can afford the $100 to train it there and back. we shall see.

cool can we organize transport i live in toowong can anyone give me a lift

im making a salad and bringing snags

• Like 2

bigred's lift should be sorted now. thanks for whipping up some food bigred, i'll bring a pan to cook up some mushrooms for vegetarians and mushroom eaters.

does anybody want me to bring bulk pots (about 150mm wide i guess)? i also have trays which fit 12 of those pots, and seedling trays. tell me exactly how many you want, i'm not bringing many extra. all used but in good nick. offer applies to AE members if they can get numbers to me in time.

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 1

can't make the meet but damm those pots and trays would be fuckin sweet!

I can't make it this weekend.

Hope you all have a good time & make sure to organize another meet up soon!

Sound like fun guys. who is the best person to contact for what to bring or who to throw some coin too for their efforts? And is the picnic area a far walk from the carpark?

about 20 meters away from carpark i guess =) i will bring some sort of food stuffs to cook up too.

Anyone going from the sunshine coast? my lift fell through and i really want to make it to this one. I can get a lift to anywhere on the coast or a bit further. Let us know cheers

cant wait till sat does anyone want me to bring vegaterian sausages

hmmm, i will try a few i guess =P

this weather is fucking incredible, is it not? it doesn't get better than this, if i didn't have shit to do i could just sit outside all day.