The Corroboree
planthelper

how to insert a big pic

hi!

when i upload and insert a pic, to a post, it stay's relativly small, people have to click it and than it get's bigger...

but some people insert pictures into there posts, which appear already big, in the post, and i ask how this is done.

i noticed that some of the "big pics" embedded, have a foreign url (non sab url) and maybe this is why.

anyway, if it's possible to insert a big pic into a topic, which has been uploaded to sab, than pls tell me how it's achived (click, by click).

I don't know if there's a way to do it by uploading directly to a post, but if you upload it to the gallery first, then you can embed it in your post. If you don't want it to appear in the gallery, you can always use an external image host (e.g. tinypic).

Piper auritum leaf 2

tn_gallery_4660_502_261941.jpg

http://www.shaman-au...leryℑ=4987

^^^ Different attempts linking to shaman-australis/forums = can't be done in large (max size 100px x 100px) unless someone else knows how

However you can do if linked to an external website like photobucket but then images won't be saved here

Would have to ask Admin why I'm sure it could be changed Edited by whitewind

Don't know what you did there Whitewind, but if it's in the gallery, there's no problem embedding it, you just right click the image and "copy url", and then click on the image icon in the reply box and paste the url (or surround the url in img tags).

gallery_4660_502_261941.jpg

• Like 1

...but yeah. If there's an option for it in the forum software, it would be better if attached images would display at full size unless they're over, say, 2 megapixels.

• Like 1

^^ shit I get a message saying I can't do that let me try again!

gallery_4660_502_261941.jpg

Okay sweet

Okay planthelper you need to upload your images to your gallery and open the gallery.

Then, in another tab you start your new post. Where you want to place the pic in your new post, you go back to your gallery pic, right click on the picture you want to insert, and click on where it says Direct link to image file, where it opens the image fully. Then you copy the web address, go back to your post and open the Image box, paste the web address and hit okay.

That is very long and tedious way of doing it, inserting from "My Media" only gives that box with a description and a thumbnail to the link, like above and of course uploading direct gives you the thumbnails with the option of expanding.

• Like 1

I don't know if it helps but I always resize my images in photoshop so that the largest length up or across depending on the pic is at 1000px

Then I upload to my gallery then when I look at a pic in my gallery it says on the side share I think click that and it comes up with multiple embed codes I use the bb code and they always come up big just like the pic whitewind posted above

with so many people using mobil devices it seems a bad idea to post large images directly.

I have external linked, I have done it because I have had issues getting an image up to the server mainly timing out due to primitive internet connection in a fairly remote area. Be stuffed if a mobile device works here...lol

If its an issue I wont put anything visual up.

hi planthelper. i use photobucket ive tried others. this works best. simply upload pics to photobucket .copy the desired image then paste on thread wall.

(they appear this size)

cheers

9944bce5.jpg

• Like 2

i think i have a photobucket account, but finding the password might be a problem, hehehe.

i'm not sure how to copy and paste an image, but i'm very sure, of how to copy the url, and than when promted by the forum software, to paste the very same.

i have encountered though another issue, which beats me.

1, uploaded image to the gallery, all is good.

2, pasted url, when promted, into a reply.

3, forum software comes up saying something like, we don't allowe this sort of image extentsions.

i think, i had to reduce the size, and than it worked.

with my fucked dyslexic english (thank god only two members have a problem with it), i'd say, it allowed me the initial pic upload, but than it dissallowed me, to reproduce (to relinke) because the picture was displayed on the screen, in it's biggest possible size.

anyway, i manage to insert now big pic's, so i'm very happy, thx flumsquid! :)

The only advice I can offer is: when inserting anything big, make sure to use a lot of lube.

• Like 4