The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
_e_

stone culture

halos kin

well i put a post up the day the site went down, and unfortunately it has vaporised.

i doubt i will be able to articulate the topic as creatively as i had previously. but here goes :

"i like to collect stones. pretty effervescent sparkly vital shimmering stones.

unfortunately i let things lag over the past 18 months, and seem to have lost touch with my stone collection.

as such i'm looking for someone to get me back on track , and in touch with my stone culture.

life just isn't quite AS amazing and vibrant and colourful without em."

if you can help me and mine out, i will be more then happy to reciprocate in an equally valuable way.

I am particularly interested in atlantean culture, and any relics folks may be able to share from this civilisation, would be more then ideal.

warmest regards

plant lov.e

• Like 2

Well here's a relic from a primitive stone age culture. A stone axe head.

I found it in the rainforest covered in mud in PNG. I compensated the landowner who was surprised I was willing to pay him for it. He showed me a few others he had found (of a different coloured stone) and said they were not uncommon.

I took it to a museum up there but I saw they had plenty of perfect ones on display and I learned that these black axe heads were mined and produced from a single place near Mt Hagen and were traded all over the country. They took a worker at least a week to produce from start to finish.

Usually they were about twice the size, but mine had been chipped and re-sharpened (probably quite a few times).

I gotta say, it's one of my most treasured possessions. Stone objects are truly awesome, mortar and pestles also do it for me lately.

post-8867-0-75647000-1343657831_thumb.jp

stone axe head.jpg

stone axe head.jpg

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 4

I have been looking as well but I Can't Get No Satisfaction but I would be a Fool To Cry just over a Heart Of Stone. If I say Let's Spend The Night Together Hot Stuff will that be Too Rude.

I realise You Can't Always Get What You Want and I have No Expectations but if you could Start Me Up I would be very Happy

post-4489-0-22753500-1344661441_thumb.jp

Cheers

Got

post-4489-0-22753500-1344661441_thumb.jpg

post-4489-0-22753500-1344661441_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

tuning in . go team cereal stone . roll on.

LOL...I missed this thread.

what sort of rocks are folk looking for?

River/beach polished?, big pieces broken off of specific types - just I case I cross the right pieces.

Are you into suiseki ???

I began to appreciate it a bit more after getting into bonsai although I'd much prefer a mix of suiseki and bonsai

Such as root over rock plantings and things like that

Rather than just the stones themselves I find the trees add more of a landscape aspect to it

• Like 1

Wow, love that axe head Halycon Daze. Super cool.

I have a few nice sedimentary rocks with fossils (trilobites and shit) that I have found over the years. One of them sits with the base of a nice bridge. I too enjoy rocks :D