The Corroboree
Goldtop

Loph red rot

Hey all, does anyone have any solutions for the red spots showing up over their lophs? Also has shades/lines of white, light green-beigey spots. Theres no open wounds so im now sure how it started, anyway any info might save a life :) cheers

pics would be helpful but it its rot id put some sulphur powder on it and keep it dry for a while

• Like 1

Its dry on the outside jwert, well dryish. Its not like the orange brown rot ive had on trichos, it looks like a different type of savage. Little spots around 5mm square at this point, but they just keep expanding and forming new points over the plant. Hopin im not too late :(

can you get any pictures?

Not anytime soon man, can grab the mrs iphone in the mourning/lunch

Nah it doesnt look like might damage d00d :( the plant as a whole still looks fine, just a couple litle patches of red, rotting looking shit going on

Edited by Goldtop

Some seedlings of my loph's batch had these spots.

Because i had a lot of seedlings i discarded damaged cacties.

One batch had a lot of them (that was from another vendor), and i discarded all the batch.

Seems it is fungi inside the seeds, they must be contaminated and seems it is systemic desease.

I tried difenoconazole spraying, it did not help (bu i did not wait long, just 2 days, and then discarded them).

Now i spray the seedlings from the start of their sprouting.

Wetting seeds before sowing with fungicide may be better prevention.

dont worry about if the actual button is wet....is there any moisture in the substrate its in? if your in SE QLD(or just south of the border for legality), then the temps are dropping sub 10degC atm at night, with little good hard sunshine through the day as well, then I would keep it bone dry....My Mexican tap-roots haven't had a water for over 5 weeks now and they are all under cover)

EDIT: I dont get the extreme over-wintering growth some of you get, but I rarely take losses....

Re-affirmed my thoughts on less is best the hard way recently with a Coprypantha longicornis.

Edited by 2Deep2Handle