The Corroboree
Thelema

potentiating by burying things

so did anyone try this yet? no-one? I'd really like to hear some experience reports of people who have buried stuff. I don't care if it's whiskey or changa or dmt.....

I haven't buried drugs for gnome powers to get in them, but I am in the process of digging up a pet rat that was buried in a pine box in a plant pot for the last 10 years, I wonder what she will look like? I hope it's not too disgusting, I want to keep the skull if I can. Or will it be rotted away beyond recognition?

Okay that was seriously off topic, sorry.

Edited by chilli
  • Like 1

Certainly doesn't hurt :)

throw it in the tassie water....james boags seems think it potentiates everything...

http://jvsc.jst.go.j...lish/index.html

Here's this awesome website that goes a LONG way to showing you exactly the type of illusions your brain conjures up. I think I got partway through exercise 1, and was already embarrassed at how much "lies" my brain was telling me. :P

Edited by CβL
  • Like 3

it can be a curing process...

not with shrooms normally, but bud to change the thc's into higher delta somethings.. ie more psychoactive. but most stoners wouldnt have the patience :). wouldnt take 2 days.. years can turn something pretty magical.

only example i can think of, except for pituri :drool2:

No way i would bury my weed, as THC's break down with time, i cannot see it getting stronger in any way.

Having grown before and having stored some underground for safety reasons, having it come up mouldy even after going down 100% dry (or as close as i could get in, in the middle of summer) and being in a totally sealed container, i wouldnt leave it there for long enough to try it, not because im inpatient, but because theres a very high likelyhood that you will get 0% smokable weed at the end of it.

If you guys mean not sealed, so the dirt can get at it. Well that would end even worse.

Edited by Yavimaya

No way i would bury my weed, as THC's break down with time, i cannot see it getting stronger in any way.

Having grown before and having stored some underground for safety reasons, having it come up mouldy even after going down 100% dry (or as close as i could get in, in the middle of summer) and being in a totally sealed container, i wouldnt leave it there for long enough to try it, not because im inpatient, but because theres a very high likelyhood that you will get 0% smokable weed at the end of it.

If you guys mean not sealed, so the dirt can get at it. Well that would end even worse.

Thats just what i heard, from some old fella @ the pub. Probably all the VB and rumbo`s talking. Might try burying some whiskey and see what the gnomes do with it.

Thats just what i heard, from some old fella @ the pub. Probably all the VB and rumbo`s talking. Might try burying some whiskey and see what the gnomes do with it.

Curing is a process that requires periodically exposing the leaf matter to fresh air whereas mould thrive in an environment with no fresh air. Curing definitely improves the quality of the smoke, tobacco is cured for years before it's put into death sticks for our enjoyment.

• Like 1

Didnt know that about curing.

There is still no way i would do it with something that can degrade with time/ light/ heat/ moisture exposure, like weed.

If i lved where i could bury it in perma-frost, maybe, but i would have to have plenty spare that i would be willing to waste.

Edited by Yavimaya

The problem with burrying an already psychoactive object is that its already intoxicating, and when we are talking about psychedelics in particular, the resulting experiences from ingesting are always related to set + settings in a way it's not possible to determine a degree of potentiation via burrying if any. A relatively better way to try this one, would be with non-psychedelic psychoactive compounds which have a more standard / less variable effect range. Again, from alcohol to stimulants, the resulting experience WILL be affected by all kinds of set+setting, apart from the burrying, albait in a far less degree than with psychs..

various people in the thread have explained in detail the fact that the burrying becomes part of the ritual and part of the expectation. It also brings a 'traditional' and 'magical' air to the subsequent experience, but it depends on the individual content and concerns and expectations.

So IMO it all boils down to the ethnography of burrying to potentiate, and any historical aspects [as shortly I think mentioned earlier in the thread] .. also why it appeals to someone, why it matchs their style, if you prefer. Does it refer to something 'dark'? Is some darker form of energy seeken? Is the earth used as an extra-archetypal symbol, to direct energy and experience to a desireable path?

Esoterists/mysticists might have stuff to say, but they usually dont talk about those stuff.

====

There was talk about what 'I' is.

I have a full answer on this and it all comes from common sense, biology, natural history documentaries and a holistic approach I try to encompass when talking about why?when? what? and who?

The I's , the egos, the selfs, whether you like to see them as illusions , or real esoteric mechanisms, not only offer a sense of individualism vital for all life forms and in higher animals, the sense of self-consciousness, but also are the main motivational engines of our bodies. This is not only true with humans. All animals relate to others and act from their individual point of view, for the sake of their individual genetic 'coding'. I dont like cold scientifism approaches like Dawkins, but natural history not only accepts the notion of ego, I's and the like, but it also highlights their importance as the basic drive of life.

People will say "the ego is not the only driving force in us" - yeah, but its the most reliable, the tightest and its tangible. Emotions cannot form solid compositions, they cannot be easily processed, replicated, checked, been dealt dialectically etc. Emotions dont choose, egos do. Our emotional parts are definately as 'real' as the egotistical ones, maybe even more so, and surely some people emotionally inclined will be put off by my attempt in explaining the notion of self.

But at the end of the day, I the ego will always be the answer to those who condemn individuality because they are convinced that ego is always bad, and unity is always cool - interestingly, this is a common opinion in psychedelic communities. But no idea about unity can be constructed without the self, the personal identity

Egos will be the driving force in the struggle of all forms of life that promotes evolution - herd mentality, social habits never prevent the pioneering individual to walk a different, bit weird pathway. Y'know, no evolution comes from peace and harmony alone only. On the contrary, our needs to feel something more, our ever-evolving egos are to blame for making up a spiritual/philosophical approach where the notion of egos is incomprehensible and the drive of life seemingly unknown, tending to unite in life itself. Maybe the missing link is not magick, but the ego, the self.

Ego is the heart of life, like sun is the basic part of a natal chart in astrology. Most of the times it is the central part of a charts interpretation, that is the Sun sign. Emotional people will often act in awkward ways, and most of the times they will not know why. The sun / the ego might explain such occasions in simple tangible psychology terms, and among other things might explain why certain people are studies in contradiciton: their egos is not well alligned to other important planets/part of their self, like the moon/emotional and spontaneous self or mercury/the spirit content of a man.

In any case, I find the egos / I's are the connecting force between different forms of life and the main drive force of life. Motivation brings action. Egoism brings antagonism. Perhaps the aforementioned communication between species on this planet is not so important as the ego force in each one of them that brings the most motivation. And whether you like it or not, you might please your emotional world, but for true calibration with yourself, you got to embrace your ego too - which might be somewhat of a challenge in contradictive characters.

People with lots of fire signs in salient positions in their natal chart have stronger egos and sense of individuality. two of the fire sign [leon, aries] are often guilty of opressive behaviour among their other lovable traits.

So you might understand why this stance of mine towards the much underestimated ego if you take into account that I got all three fire signs in salient positions, sagitarius double so.

Peace, and love yerself

Edited by mutant
  • Like 2

OK, I get it.

Let's get the methodology straight here, as FAI concerned:

1) the burying needs only a couple of nights

1a) hole should be at least 1 ft deep and watered after burying.

2) it can be enclosed. -so changa shouldn't be a problem! Gnomes can get thru plastic after all!

3) reports should be comparing a well-taken/familiar substance with the particular potentiated substance ONCE only (to begin with)

4) in my opinion, I'd like to see reports of tryptamines like shrooms or DMT, I think "these molecules respond best to gnome intervention"

It's best to bear that so far, no-one here has reported anything apart from me. I've done it a couple of times since with tryptamines and arylcyclohexamine derivatives and I would say that all experiences so far have been potentiated quite fucking noticeably with "gnomic" magic.

^^^

hey thelema what about the dose? btw can I see your natal chart? zodiac sign? :)

Oh heck I feel a bit silly writing here - but that has never stopped me before!

This might tie a few loose ends together:- Dainis wrote a paper "Buddha Grass in Australia" in the 1975 Australian Customs Forensic Laboratory where they were trying to find out why Thai budda sticks had so much delta 9 in them - up to 20% of their weight and 100% of the resin. It had long been assumed that they must have adulterated the material with hashish oil or something in manufacture.

Under a little gentle "persuasion" by the Malay police, drug traffickers revealed that they buried the stuff in hessian bags a good metre or so under the ground in moist, rainforest soil. Way down deep. In the deep soil where anaerobic bacteria live and there is no oxygen (which is lethal to them). Originally they did this so that sniffer dogs couldn't find their stash, but discovered the material lost a lot of its weight over 8 weeks and actually became more potent as a result. When dug back up the black wet material was wound onto bamboo slivers to dry creating the characteristic "stick".

What happened was certain tropical rainforest deep soil anaerobic bacteria invaded the material and consumed a great portion of the inert plant matter, but left the resin. In fact they up-converted and reduced (chemistry term for the reverse of oxidation) the majority of resin to delta-9! The trick was to bury it deep enough that the right bacteria got in and not the upper layer aerobic bacteria that would oxidise it to useless compost.

Dainis experimented to see if this really happened and if such bacteria lived in Australian tropical soils. His results confirmed everything was true, but his studies got buried themselves by authorities. I had to pretend I was an official academy cadet to get my eyes on the paper and there were no photocopiers around when I did.

I once saw the first page of this paper on the internet, but not since. I assure you, young folk, not EVERYTHING makes it to the internet and there is still a lot of ancient red hot knowledge still awaiting upload. The paper is available only to registered users - which I am not - and security is much, much tighter around their archives now.

I know the procedure does work, although convincing anybody else these days to try it (let alone dig such a hole) is difficult. Modern strains make such efforts seem unnecessary, but I'm sure there are some aficionados out there who would appreciate my letting youse know! Indeed such highly upconverted material is quite stimulating and a real treat. My pleasure to pass this info on - and I'd love to see the original paper uploaded for everyone to read.

RESPECT to all!

• Like 1

thai sticks.........ahh :wub:

this thing about potentiating with burial is indeed intriguing eh. My oldest brother assumed it was sprayed with Mortein if the dakka wrecked him(imo he was scoring crud)............although, i do remember some punk swearing that unscrupulous dealers in shitty conditions add weight by spraying an oz or two with sugar/water.......even bourbon :puke: so many tales and untruths. make up your own mind.

With regard to gnomes 'upping' the potential potency of objects inanimate or organic in nature , why not?

If the world or our existence for that matter -as we perceive it-revolved solely on science being proven or dis proven , my reality here would be shattered and i'd become an automaton and get a cashiers job at maccrappers.

Staying on topic, when on our honeymoon to Fiji many sleeps ago, we met a farmer who'd bury his dakka -for a multitude of reasons i gathered - but professed to us it was indeed to increase it's effects.

It looked almost black, a tad moist, was stringy with stalk and seed but being the gold plated law abiding citizens we are we didn't partake

(we were assured by independent Fijian analysis) it was quite the ride.

Microbial gnomes adjusting your perspective that's not entirely implausible is it?

• Like 1

although, i do remember some punk swearing that unscrupulous dealers in shitty conditions add weight by spraying an oz or two with sugar/water.......even bourbon :puke: so many tales and untruths. make up your own mind.

Sorry this is off topic but I have to mention it. There is tremendous cross-culture with tobacco and cannabis - not surprising - both are smoked and sometimes even grown together. Spraying with sugar and alcohol based flavours is very much a tobacco curing necessity:- it returns sugar to material that has been long colour cured out to allow enzymes to break down chlorophylls, starch, pectins, protein etc. and release perfumes and ensure all alkaloid precursors have catabolized to nicotine; it causes the Maillard reaction that sends tobacco from its nondescript "seaweed" flavour to what we recognise as tobacco; it allows further fermentation, aging and the oxidation of the noxious alkaloids; it keeps the material in 'condition' and not brittle for processing; it adds smoothness to the flavour; allows it to burn; etc. etc. etc. Without the casing sauce and manufacturing treatments you wouldn't know it as today's tobacco but a rather foul, choking poisonous weed. Nothing new, the Native Americans perfected the techniques. People got their wires crossed and applied it to low grade cannabis in the hope of something better. It requires no such interference or chemical treatments at all. (Unless you want to add weight or binder to compress it.)

Another example of cross-culture is to hang the whole harvested plant upside down so all the goodies go to the top - absolute nonsense! That is done with stalk cured tobacco merely because that's the direction of the leaves and allows long slow colour curing with controlled humidity. Otherwise it would set green and rank.

Okay - that's for your time!

• Like 2

Thai sticks, fuck, those were the days.

I remember we used to get them for 10 bucks a pop (retail) the dealers were only paying a few bucks for them depending on how much they bought and 1 stick would easily get ten people where they wanted to be. It was a psychedelic effect that I've only had a few times since and nothing like the skunk derivitives that swept in when the hydro culture moved in. A lot of the younger Aussie smokers have no idea how good pot can be.

I had no idea they did it like that Pat, thanks for the details.

That info about tobacco alchemy is intruiging too, I've only ever read snippets here and there that touches on the subject but most is very non specific.

Does the Maillard reaction have any impact on TSNA levels in the finished product ?

• Like 1

I had some psylocibe last night that had been buried for 4 days via the method I described. They were already fully dried, so bacteria etc. does not really describe any potentiating effect.

What I had was the strangest and most intense shroom trip of my life. I ended up in a space not remembering that I'd taken something and I was really scared because I knew I was full on tripping but I had no idea why.

This is quite different from the previous effect these mushrooms have had on me.

Also works on pure powder too, no need for it to even be plant material!

At the moment I have no idea why, so I'm using the designation "gnome magic".

Usually I'm a VERY scientific person and I would say that calling it "gnome magic" does not advance thinking in any way. But I'm at a loss to otherwise explain what's happening.

The ultra-rational point of view would be to say that it's just in my mind, and that nothing else is going on.

Folias (julian) once mentioned with regards to DMT that the molecule existed in different vibrational states depending on it's source. I scoffed him at the time, but maybe molecules CAN indeed vibrate in more than one way? But how would we measure this?

• Like 1

What you need to do is, get at least 5 doses of whatever you’re experimenting with, then separate each dose and mark them from 1 to 5. Then bury only 2 of those doses, document the 2 doses buried and then give the 5 doses to someone, who will randomly give you each dose of the substance a week apart and write down what number it was each time. You will obviously also need to document if you think you have received a buried dose or not each time. Once the experiment is completed, check and see if your notes correlate with the notes of the person who was randomly giving you each dose.

I guarantee you won’t get 5 out of 5. The power of suggestion has a very significant influence on the human mind and shouldn’t be underestimated.

• Like 1

yes, youre right, a blind trial is what is needed.

but RE power of suggestion, bear in mind that I formed this idea upon facts and observations. I didn't do it the other way around. One could say, "at least not at first".

Unfortunately it is illegal for me to distribute things like this, so the best that can be done is people doing their own blind trial, with someone else in charge of the critical distinguishing information, which you could then guess which one was buried or not.

• Like 1

Gidday folks - I managed to find a crumb of information on the Dainis paper - thankfully he earmarked it for prosperity by his unique spelling of "Buddha Grass". So sorry Dainis, old chap, I know you HATED druggies too! But we LOVE you!

http://www.worldcat.org/title/information-relating-to-the-importation-of-the-cannabis-product-buddha-grass-thai-sticks-into-australia/oclc/220454762 The file is marked "Confidential", kept in Canberra by the Department of Police and Customs - so its a box of Cohiba hecho a mano Cuba cigars and a bottle of VSOP to whoever uploads us a copy.

There are some esoteric theories that vibrational states of in vivo tryptamines/harmines - which are quite resonant - do transmit and receive EMR and quantum state signals transferring emotions, cognitions and even whole thoughts between energised, harmonic human brains and, shall we say, "spiritual realms".

It expands the molecule receptor fit theory, as it seems neuron dendrites detect quantum state differences in neurotransmitters too. Certainly the Australian aboriginal people hold beliefs in that direction as it is.

More about quantum enchantment later.

Thelema if I were to be scientific about all this whilst maintaining the use of psychedelic compounds i'd bury sub-threshold doses to see if the effect is increased upon excavation.

• Like 1

Not sure if this was mentioned on page two but one such example of a substance that is buried to potentate its effects is Nu Nu.

Discuss.