The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
woof woof woof

buddhist monk levitation

didnt finish watching it. but should be interesting enough. and if it's not then have a look at this.

keep practicing folks!!! ;-)

• Like 1

I wasn't convinced by the Chi bubble video. The movements of the "attacker" seem put on.

Will watch the top movie tonight. Looks interesting.

That's very reminiscent of another guy dubbed the "bullshido"

He went by the name of Yanagiryuken and he used his chi to knock people out, turned out it was all with the help of willing assistants who were under his spell.

Then he meets someone not under his spell......

Bullshit in full swing (there's a bit of crap in the lead up, but you should watch this first)

Sans bullshit

• Like 2

I watched about 1 minute, then concluded it was little more than the power of suggestion.

• Like 2

ok,... powerful suggestion could be the case indeed. but here is the problem,... and how about this man

I have read somewhere (and seen) that he is also able to project his energy through the ether (from a distance). If I find it I will post it. So this makes me think that hitting meridian points from a distance could also be possible.

the difference between the no touch knock out guys and the Dynamo Jac guy is also how refined their projection could be.... ( how much energy they put into it an how they express it)

I finisched watching thr discovery vid,.... still leaves me puzzeld at the end. I mean I personally think it is possible (in theory at least) so if it is real.... then all those TM hoppers must be on to something. ;-)

• Like 1

Get on with filming our own miracles, I say!

• Like 1

The placebo effect sure is strong, and people sure are gullible!

Edited by SYNeR
  • Like 2

I know there are scams out there, but I also believe that chi can focused and moved by will.

I've done chi kung for well over ten years and in the beginning it was purely a physical thing, as I've progressed it has become become less about physical movement and more about focus.

I believe as woof woof said that chi can be projected and animals can really feel the effects of this projected energy. Cats and birds are very sensitive to it. I've have an open mind about chi and the aether.

Science and physics in particular will have you believe that the ether does not exist, but electrical engineers have been conducting electricity (longitudinal) through it for over 100 years, faster than the speed of light too

Just because todays science cannot quantify something does not deny its existence.

I've done a lot of martial arts, which has changed a lot over the years. Old school Karate commonly did a lot "breaks" where roof tiles had to be broken to attain higher grades.

Most of the "breaks" are gone from todays Karate schools as they are seen as irrelevant and not needed in fighting situations. The point of the breaks had nothing to do with fighting, toughness or power, it was all about focus of energy or chi and self mastery

• Like 5

Really? I did several electrical engineering courses and never came across the ether.

"Just because todays science cannot quantify something does not deny its existence."

Again, I invoke Bertrand Russell's Celestial Teapot. Science cannot, at this stage, dismiss it so we therefore cannot deny its existence.

It's out there! Same with underpants gnomes, unicorns..

Again, you don't need to invoke "chi energy" or some other equally non-descriptive mystical thing to explain brick breaking. Science is more than capable of that:

http://discovermagazine.com/2008/the-body/11-turn-your-fist-into-a-blocking-breaking-machine

• Like 1

Oh yeah it's right out there with cat toast theory.

http://uncyclopedia....ravitatory_cats

I don't think they teach much about Tesla's longitudinal electricity in university, it goes against the hertzian theory that physics and big business is focused on.

I never said that chi energy is "evoked" I said it is focused and to quote from the text in the link you provided

You focus your punch in your imagination so that it terminates inside your opponent’s body, rather than on the surface. To deliver the maximum power, you want to make contact before the slowdown begins.

That explanation in that link seems to apply to tae kwon do breaks of suspended blocks and boards with an air gap below, I used to break a brick placed flat on the ground with my knuckles so the follow through they describe didn't apply. I can guarantee you that this takes full focus of every fiber of your being, which is in accord with what is taught by all chi kung masters - chi (or energy) can be directed by will. Without that focused chi or will if you like all you will do is break your hand when attempting to break a brick placed flat on the ground.

Most of the "breaks" are gone from todays Karate schools as they are seen as irrelevant and not needed in fighting situations. The point of the breaks had nothing to do with fighting, toughness or power, it was all about focus of energy or chi and self mastery

This is one of my personal hates that breaking is seen now as wank factor or machoism, the ability of focussing your chi in my opinion is crucial in understanding how to hit effectively and efficiently, one well placed chi focussed strike will render the biggest opponent down with no way of retaliating, it is not smart,tough or skilled to beat someone into submission which is all most schools teach these days IMO.

Really? I did several electrical engineering courses and never came across the ether.

"Just because todays science cannot quantify something does not deny its existence."

Again, I invoke Bertrand Russell's Celestial Teapot. Science cannot, at this stage, dismiss it so we therefore cannot deny its existence.

It's out there! Same with underpants gnomes, unicorns..

Again, you don't need to invoke "chi energy" or some other equally non-descriptive mystical thing to explain brick breaking. Science is more than capable of that:

http://discovermagaz...reaking-machine

I find it hard to believe that the whole time you were undertaking an engineering degree you never heard of the ether. I'm going into my second semester of EE at the moment and have heard about it a lot. Before roughly 1919 there was a widespread belief that light required a medium to travel through (in my mind this is still correct). This medium was called the ether. The Michealson-Morley interferometer experiment disproved a static ether (the earth moves through it) but there are other possible mediums. The biggest proof for the existence of a medium of some description in my mind comes from the fact that vacuum permeability and permittivity are non-zero values. How can 'empty space', which science calls nothing, restrict the propagation of electrostatic and magnetic fields. You say you like philosophy (also that your from the hunter, great place to live :lol: ), ask yourself how can nothing have properties. When I asked my physics professor this question he answered 'yes', obviously knowing that he couldn't answer the question. To me this was the wrong answer. I've thought about this problem for a little while now and my answer has stayed the same since the first time I asked myself - it cannot. So what is 'empty space'? Space is alive, not dead like physics would have you think and I'm using nothing but observable phenomena to come to that conclusion.

If your interested in knowing more check out Nikola Tesla, the father or modern AC, radio, X Ray, Fluorescent lighting and much more. He was able to send electrical energy faster than light through the ground with one wire.

• Like 1

What if someone said..

I've seen people use x-tals to draw lightning.

Sprung up 12-15ft high rocks, bouncing from trees.

Men lift cars, start or stop avalanches with voice

heat and temperature play too, and constructs vary

amongst the senses all things are possible internally

and out. Now,

if you doubt that something is possible, you just haven't seen enough yet!

Chi can perform great feats. but so too can structural alignment. posture.

its quite miraculous all on its own! You can put enough weight on the middle of a stick to break it..

but what if you stood it on its end?

Damn, logic is there to help us imagine and vice versa. Pfft! We just don't usually leap far enough through the details to see what could be. I dont know anything about faith.

All I believe and know has been shown to me. Proved. Constantly.

If your outside havn a good set, chigungn on..dont thinks appear to naturally line up?

I'bve learned its far easier to sped a moving wheel, than to start one rolling from scratch. Draw the bow..clouds pass.. release the bow, birds fly by. Thats what's nice about moving, and eye opened meditations. All that practical, relevant stuff!

Im certain this is key to wielding cyclones.

I've been lucky enough to train with whirly twirly's. Mini dust spirals that form on dry summer days. Normally you just chase them and hold your breath.. gather information, and just feel. But sometimes on long hot afternoons labouring outdoors, they play with you. Another time, a tree i train with daily (where my chooks used to roost) showed me how to pick a little breeze up and blow gusts of it's leaves. It's like it wanted air and movement around its roots..like the wind tickled its leaves...so it showed me how to play vessel.

But light body skills!?

How possible and easy is that?! combine circular strength training systems, with deep breath and visualization..and you can selectively learn to 'hurl' you own arms from ur body in a way that exaggerates momentum..and builds kinetic and energetic speed. Just start learning how much tension is stored in tendons, and one begins to see their limbs as battery charged piston springs. You learn a visual math that demands possibility!

What if..

• Like 1

I've never heard of it referred to as the ether...

And yes, 'nothing' is extremely difficult, if not possible, to define philosophically and physically.

I believe the physicist Victor Stenger wrote a good article describing how a definition of 'nothing' (beyond a vacuum) would be extremely unstable.

I also suspect the way 'ether' is used in engineering and physics is VERY different to how it's used elsewhere.

Edited by SYNeR

Shamanistic, I just want to point out that physics does not actually suggest that the void of space is in fact void. There are various constructs (which are currently being worked on to be united together) such as quantum foam, virtual particles and relativistic spacetime (all of which are models, that try to model what is actually there). It's known that there is something there, but not necessaily a medium in the traditional sense. Thinking it must be a medium is what made people crap their pants from the null result of the Michelson-Morley experiment. If they hadn't deadlocked themselves into a viewpoint with shoddy logic, those scientists wouldn't have been so confused and flabbergasted.

He was able to send electrical energy faster than light through the ground with one wire.

Lastly, what's this? I know he used AC to transmit current through the air and soil to do his tricks with lightbulbs (he did do that right? I'm not just remembering The Prestige?), but don't think he could send electricity faster than the speed of light, especially through soil. While the local speed of light can be less than the speed of light in a vacuum and the speed of a local particle (i.e. Cherenkov radiation), everything I know says it's impossible to accelerate past the boundary of the speed of light in a vacuum - which it appears is what you described Tesla doing.

Bluntmuffin, I know that physics implicitly says that space is something but my beef with them is that they still tell us it's void. Relativity (correct me if I'm wrong) states that space is empty, or at least that's how the several different teachers/lecturers I've had have explained it to me as such. All I was pointing out was that space isn't an empty void and there must be an ether of some description. I do agree with you that you cannot define this something as a medium in the traditional sense.

I cannot give you 100% proof of faster than light. I said that because that is what Tesla himself said. Refering to Tesla's article on 'Famous Scientific Illusions'. Tesla claims that the waves from his magnifying transmitter were akin to the movement of the Earth's shadow over the Earth. It starts out with an infinite velocity at the north pole and slows until it gets to the equator where the velocity is then c and then speeds up as it approaches the south pole and as it does so the velocity tends towards infinite. Of course I cannot prove to you that these currents are travelling faster than light (I am planning on building a scale model of the magnifying transmitter Tesla made in Colorado Springs so hopefully one day I can show to you) but I would rather trust Tesla on what his transmitters were doing over todays scientists, after all they haven't been able to send electricity through the earth in the same way he did to this day. Although this is unsurprising since what the vast majority of people think of as a Tesla coil really isn't what Tesla built at all.

This is what Tesla really built; http://www.coe.monta...ado_springs.jpg

As you can see Tesla's primary was huge and was only one turn, the secondary coil is the same diameter as the primary and has approximately a 20% height/diameter ratio then the really magical part of a Tesla coil (which is what is really lacking) is on the left. An equal height to diameter coil with a large spacing between turns to reduce interturn capacitance so that it has what he calls a very high magnification factor otherwise known as Q factor. See Colorado Springs Notes if your interested.

Most people think of something like this when they think of a Tesla coil; http://www.hacknmod..../tesla-coil.jpg

-Primary and secondary are completely different diameters

-Secondary coil has a height/diameter ratio much greater than 20% (in this case it looks roughly 280%)

-Absolutely no extra coil, a must for any true Tesla coil

Anyway, you might be able to tell that I am right into this stuff and could go on for hours but this is a little off topic :lol: Maybe I should start a new topic? If you are interested in hearing a little more about true Tesla things and not just academias take on it check out the writings of Eric Dollard; http://www.gestaltre...s/eric-dollard/ Particularly his theory of Anti-Relativity writings.

Edited by Shamanistic

No, general relativity states space is sort of like a .... rubber sheet displaced by mass (I really get tired of using the same analogy, but it works really well). I hope you can learn for yourself that your lecturers make mistakes, and often repeat the mistakes they were taught (as you get older, there's a tendency to think that you know more, despite the fact your brain is actually losing information, which combined result in lecturers spouting rubbish as gospel).

I'll admit my knowledge on Tesla falls short. So I'll give that paper a read, and see what else I can find. The only thing I can say at this point is that we have been able to send messages using the Earth as a conductor for ages. They used to send messages to submarines that way. It's called the Extremely Low Frequency band (or ELF). Do NOT wikipedia search 'ELF band' - it's something else, I warned you.

Lastly, what someone does, and what they say they have done, are often entirely different things. As cool as Tesla is, I still think it's irresponsible to accept his explanation as "fact" without further scrutiny. Post-lastly, there's no reason that you have to choose a view either (Tesla's view, or "Science's" view) - don't limit yourself. :)

haha, that chi bubble video is hilarious

I know my lecturers make mistakes and that was sort of my point of talking about the ether in the first place. I know that space isn't empty, far from it, but we've not been taught like that or at least I've never been taught like that. I suppose I'm lucky that I had a keen interest in these topics since my early teens so I've had a lot of studying before I actually got formally taught it.

You are right, by using em waves of extremely long wavelengths you can send messages to submarines but this requires huge amounts of power to do so and requires huge antennas to be erected off the submarine. There is no possible way that you'd be able to transmit any usable amount of power with this system but this is what Tesla was claiming to do. Tesla's system was a conductive phenomena rather than a radiative system and he stated this many many times only for it to fall on deaf ears.

I agree that it is foolish for me just to take his word for it. However I am certainly not going to take a physicists word for it because the huge majority of them are still convinced that Tesla tried sending energy by exciting the ionosphere proving they haven't read a single word of Tesla's on how his system worked. In some cases the ionosphere was used but it was ground based transmission which was the primary focus of Tesla. They'd also have you believe that the top load of the tesla coil is the output when it is actually the ground which is the output. The list goes on. I'm not picking a view as such but when I feel that their both talking about different things I'm going to listen more to the one who actually built/designed it.

Heres a few of Tesla's words taken from court documents (found here: http://www.tfcbooks.com/tesla/nt_on_ac.htm)

Counsel

Mr. Tesla, at that point, what did you mean by electro-magnetic momentum?

Tesla

I mean that you have to have in the circuit, inertia. You have to have a large self-inductance in order that you may accomplish two things: First, a comparatively low frequency, which will reduce the radiation of the electromagnetic waves to a comparatively small value, and second, a great resonant effect. That is not possible in an antenna, for instance, of large capacity and small self-inductance. A large capacity and small self-inductance is the poorest kind of circuit which can be constructed; it gives a very small resonant effect. That was the reason why in my experiments in Colorado the energies were 1,000 times greater than in the present antennae.

Counsel

You say the energy was 1,000 times greater. Do you mean that the voltage was increased, or the current, or both?

Tesla

Yes [both]. To be more explicit, I take a very large self-inductance and a comparatively small capacity, which I have constructed in a certain way so that the electricity cannot leak out. I thus obtain a low frequency; but, as you know, the electromagnetic radiation is proportionate to the square root of the capacity divided by the self-induction. I do not permit the energy to go out; I accumulate in that circuit a tremendous energy. When the high potential is attained, if I want to give off electromagnetic waves, I do so, but I prefer to reduce those waves in quantity and pass a current into the earth, because electromagnetic wave energy is not recoverable while that [earth] current is entirely recoverable, being the energy stored in an elastic system.

Counsel

What elastic system do you refer to?

Tesla

I mean this: If you pass a current into a circuit with large self-induction, and no radiation takes place, and you have a low resistance, there is no possibility of this energy getting out into space; therefore, the impressed impulses accumulate.

Counsel

Let's see if I understand this correctly. If you have radiation or electromagnetic waves going from your system, the energy is wasted?

Tesla

Absolutely wasted. From my circuit you can get either electromagnetic waves, 90 percent of electromagnetic waves if you like, and 10 percent in the current energy that passes through the earth. Or, you can reverse the process and get 10 percent of the energy in electromagnetic waves and 90 percent in energy of the current that passes through the earth.

As you can see he's pretty adamant about not having electromagnetic waves being emitted or as little as practically possible anyway, there goes just about every explanation I've ever heard from a physicist.

Here is a few videos which show a scale model of a magnifying transmitter in action. First video shows effects like that shown in the prestige but this time it's not just special effects. The second video is one that shows a piece of aluminium being attracted to a bulb powered by the output of the transmitter and finally the third shows a piece of paper being attracted to the bulb. This machine I believe is still being perfected and so there will be more interesting things being shown on that channel at a later date.

http://bit.ly/O1Bzum

http://bit.ly/M1EN0q

http://bit.ly/Nbszqq

Peace!

• Like 1

@Shamanistic

Glad to hear someone has actually read and understood what Tesla was about, and the true principal of operation behind his machines. I tend to disagree with your post on the dimensions of the coil being the key though. The essence is in your second post, low frequency 30-35,000cps which is achieved with a large self-inductance and as large a capacity as is practically achievable (with as smooth a curvature as possible) and all elements of the circuit tuned to the fundamental frequency or an harmonic. I think it would be difficult to build a 'scale model' of the magnifying transmitter, because its constants are based on the dimensions of the earth. Often his primary and secondary were the same length, the amplification being due to resonant rise rather than close inductive coupling.

As for the topic of floating monks - If you really dig down to the nitty gritty, aren't we all floating on the electron cloud of the atoms below us - we're not actually touching anything ever... Although sometimes I've been told I touch myself...

This is a good read: http://www.tfcbooks.com/tesla/1900-06-00.htm 'Increasing Human Energy' - Tesla's focus was humanitarian rather than financial - That goes a long way in mind...

Edited by IndianDreaming

Good to see someone else interested in Mr T around here :) I said the dimensions because that was the ratios of the coil I am building, the final colorado springs coil, and this coil looks doesn't really resemble what most think of as a Tesla coil. The dimensions aren't as bigger deal with the primary and secondary coils as they are the extra coil, which is where the huge amplification is made. A properly designed extra coil is really just a 1/4 wave transmission line excited at one end by a very loose coupling to the primary/secondary so you'll want the lowest capacitance you can get for a certain coil of wire. Just so happens that an equal height to width coil gives you the least capacitance for the most inductance. You said yourself that the amplification is due to resonant rise/Q/Magnification Factor, which I agree with fully. However the more capacitance the lower this factor is going to be so you do not want a huge capacitance. It was tuned to the earth so it could send the most amount of power between transceivers however my main reason for trying to build it is investigate ftl signals by comparing a normal crystal radio set to a crystal radio set with the tesla coil as the antenna. I'll make a topic about this a little later because it seems some people are interested in the enigma that is Nikola Tesla :lol:

• Like 2

Hmmm, well you have some good insight there. I think there was a thread a while back, but if it's not quite right, please make a new one. And please, follow through! And don't let anyone called Thomas Edison offer you work - it's a damn trap!

I started a new topic so that we don't need to take away from the original topic, it's located here; http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32800&view=getnewpost

Hmmm, well you have some good insight there. I think there was a thread a while back, but if it's not quite right, please make a new one. And please, follow through! And don't let anyone called Thomas Edison offer you work - it's a damn trap!

Or..

its-a-rap.jpg